ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 1 Investment to Tier 4 Dependant visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brennen0911
Newly Registered
China

Switch from Tier 1 Investment to Tier 4 Dependant visa

Post by brennen0911 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Hello Everyone

Need some advise and help.

I am currently holding tier 1 Investor visa, I want to switch to Tier 4 Dependant visa, as my wife will study for a 12 months postgraduate course.

The question is, my wife will apply from home country, and I wish to switch within UK, I check the rule and it seems I can do that within UK. But I can not find any correct application form or online option for this application. For online option, there is only tier 4 application, there is no dependant only option, and if want to apply, it looks my wife needs to apply as main applicant and she can add me for dependant. For application forms, only tier 1 and tier 5 dependant visa can be found.

Any advise will be appreciate.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switch from Tier 1 Investment to Tier 4 Dependant visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:28 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brennen0911
Newly Registered
China

Post by brennen0911 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi CR001

Thank you so much.

Do you know if they may ask me to show the investment I suppose to have?

I did not invest money, but its only over 3 months now.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:36 pm

Don't think so.

What do you plan to do after the 12 months dependent visa?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brennen0911
Newly Registered
China

Post by brennen0911 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:39 pm

I will qualify for 10 years, I know they may ask at that stage, I suppose to switch from tier 1 I to tier 4 dependant within 3 months after I got my tier 1 visa, but I could not do it, If I can, even they asking me about the investment which I did not have, it still within three months of the time.

Any advise after 12 months time, if they asking me about the investment, what should I do, and how do you think they will decide my application if I can not provide it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:42 pm

Did you have the funds for investment or not?

For long residence ILR, you need to have abided by the rules of each visa you have held.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

brennen0911
Newly Registered
China

Post by brennen0911 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:48 pm

I have the money in China, I got my tier 1 visa with all genuine documents, I did not intend to invest it because the money is from my parents, and they gifted to me, but its only for me to get the tier 1 visa.

I had two options, one is switch to dependant, if I can do it within 3 months, Two is send the money for investment for 12 months, but on july, just after 2 months I get the visa, China stoped large amount money transfer to overseas, can I use this reason if they asking me why I could not make the investment?

So the only option is switch to tier 4 dependant, is that right? or any other advise?

If they refuse me, do you think I can win the appeal?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:55 pm

What have you be doing for 3 months in the UK then?

So you will fail the one mandatory requirement if you have already been in the UK for 3 months.
You successfully applied for your visa before 6 November 2014
You can apply to extend your visa if you:

have at least £1,000,000 under your control in the UK
have invested at least £750,000 (or 75%) of that in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active UK companies
invested this sum within 3 months of your ‘investor start date’
Char (CR001 not Casa)

brennen0911
Newly Registered
China

Post by brennen0911 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:02 pm

I just stayed in UK for 3 months, I was tier 4 student, and I switched from tier 4, as I reached the time limit for tier 4, and I did transfered some of the money to UK, but not a lot, lets see 100-150k, to make it looks like I wanted to invest.

Then I should switch to tier 4 dependant within 3 months, but I could not.

I know I have already failed the best option, and I understand if I can not invest in 3months, then it does not matter how long is the gap between I switch to tier 4 dependant, is that right?

for this situation, can you give any advise?

As I mentioned, if I go appeal, is there any chance to win?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:36 am

I suggest you seek professional one-to-one immigration legal advice. As someone with the means to be a Tier 1 Investor, it is very surprising that you would choose to seek free immigration advice from random unqualified strangers online!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.