ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship query - submit 2 additional utility bills within 28 days

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Striker
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Striker » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:54 am

Application Based On: 5years residency non-EU
Applied On: 18th Aug 2017
Application received On: 21st Aug 2017
Acknowledgement : dated 25th Aug 2017 (with passport returned). Acknowledgement Letter saying that

Submit 2 additional Utility bills from 2012 to 2017 (other than ESB which already submitted along with application) within 28 days. I had only ESB bills from 2012 to 2017 which already sent along with application.
But still they need extra 2 Utility bills.

I really don't have any more utility bills at the moment. Have you experienced the same situation with you?

Please advise ASAP. Waiting for your suggestions.

Second Letter:
Awaiting On Approval: -

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship query - submit 2 additional utility bills within 28 days

Post by zepman » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:12 am

So, you submitted ESB bills for each of those 5 years. What were the other two proofs of residence you submitted for each of those years?

Striker
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Striker » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:21 am

I submitted 5 years of ESB bills, but they want 2 more utility bills for 5 years.

I don't have any more Utility bills register with my name. Please advise

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:30 am

Striker wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:54 am
Application Based On: 5years residency non-EU
Applied On: 18th Aug 2017
Application received On: 21st Aug 2017
Acknowledgement : dated 25th Aug 2017 (with passport returned). Acknowledgement Letter saying that

Submit 2 additional Utility bills from 2012 to 2017 (other than ESB which already submitted along with application) within 28 days. I had only ESB bills from 2012 to 2017 which already sent along with application.
But still they need extra 2 Utility bills.

I really don't have any more utility bills at the moment. Have you experienced the same situation with you?

Please advise ASAP. Waiting for your suggestions.

Second Letter:
Awaiting On Approval: -
If you don't have any additional utility bills, I think that you can submit any other accepted sort of proof of addresses such as GP letter, Revenue documents that contain your address on it, employer letter and so on. You have also to explain to them that you don't have any other utility bills and for this you are submitting the other type of proof of address.

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:33 am

Striker wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:21 am
I submitted 5 years of ESB bills, but they want 2 more utility bills for 5 years.

I don't have any more Utility bills register with my name. Please advise
Okay, it looks like you missed it but it's mentioned in the required documentation section of the application form that they need "Three different proofs of residence for each year of residence claimed...".

But, it doesn't necessarily have to be utility bills. As mentioned in the same section, you can send in other letters (2 more for every year) that have your name, address and date of issue. If you have been here for five years, I am sure you have other documents like bank statements, rental agreements, payslips, P60s, work contract etc which satisfy this requirement.

Striker
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Striker » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:43 am

Yes, I already submitted P60, Revenue documents, employer letter, payslips and Bank statements for last 5 years

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:12 pm

Striker wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:43 am
Yes, I already submitted P60, Revenue documents, employer letter, payslips and Bank statements for last 5 years
Okay, that's what I asked in my first reply - whether you have submitted the required number of more proofs of residence (i.e., 3) for each year.

Now it looks like you have submitted more than the number of required proofs of residence i.e., ESB bill + payslip + bank statement + revenue document + employer letter for every year from 2012 to 2017 (I'm not considering P60 here since it is a separate requirement). So, you should have been fine, unless something was amiss in those documents. Have they mentioned anything about what was missing or why they need the 2 additional utility bills? If they haven't, it might be worth shooting them a quick email (citizenshipinfo@justice.ie) bringing their attention to the fact that you have already submitted 3 different residence proofs for each year (listing these out year-wise for clarity), and asking them why exactly the additional utility bills are required.

Also scour through your emails/files to dig out any other documents you might have (rent agreements, internet bills etc) so you are prepared for the worst-case scenario.

castlewood27
Newly Registered

Post by castlewood27 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Are you EU4FAM?

Striker
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Striker » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:53 am

No,
non-EU based on 5 years residency

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:02 am

I think there is a little misunderstanding
in my view they are not asking you to submit additional 2 different types of proof they are requesting 2 additional proof of addresses for every year this is what I understand from what you have quoted from the letter I-e same bills from esb can be used but from different periods.
for example if you have submitted esb bills from jan feb 2016 now send them from another months from esb.

although I might be wrong I STRONGLY advise you to send them an email and confirm this.

Striker
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Striker » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:24 pm

Here is the letter received,

The following is required in connection with your application. You are requested to submit the documents to this office within 28 days from the dare of this letter.

1. Please submit two additional utility bills for the years 2012 up to 2017 ( other than ESB).

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:57 am

Hi got also a letter like after giving everything. 3 different bill per year

They for one different bill for each years

But now they said on the letter i could provide letter from healthcare insurance and so on.

So i have Laya healthcare for one , VHI health for 2nd Electricity for 3rd year banks statement for 4th year and phone bill for 5 th year and Tax credit cerificate fr 2017

it's becoming very strange but you can see in my list that they will accept healthcare letter if it has a date address and name

Mrskarabucak17
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mrskarabucak17 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:57 pm

I am so glad I have come across this thread!! My husband has received the same letter today asking for bank statements covering 6 months, p60s and 2 utility bills all covering 2013-2016 we sent all of this information including any utility bills we had for him with his application in February this year. The problem with the utility bills for us is that we live at home with my family so all he has is his phone bill. I have literally spent the day literally being sick with stress, as I have become pregnant since making our application and all I can think is that he's going to get deported on me 😢 my family have said they will write a letter stating that all household utility bills are in their name as it is their home and we pay them monthly towards all bills, they have said they will also send bills covering the periods requested as proof. Someone please give me a bit of good news and tell me that gp letters and letters from work etc will also help instead of utility bills 😢

Tatalo
Ireland

Post by Tatalo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:09 am

Mrskarabucak17 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:57 pm
I am so glad I have come across this thread!! My husband has received the same letter today asking for bank statements covering 6 months, p60s and 2 utility bills all covering 2013-2016 we sent all of this information including any utility bills we had for him with his application in February this year. The problem with the utility bills for us is that we live at home with my family so all he has is his phone bill. I have literally spent the day literally being sick with stress, as I have become pregnant since making our application and all I can think is that he's going to get deported on me 😢 my family have said they will write a letter stating that all household utility bills are in their name as it is their home and we pay them monthly towards all bills, they have said they will also send bills covering the periods requested as proof. Someone please give me a bit of good news and tell me that gp letters and letters from work etc will also help instead of utility bills 😢
Yes, they help, in my wife's case (similar to yours no are on her name) they asked me to send them a proof of visits to GP or any 'official' letter that has a date, name, and address on it.

Good luck!

Mrskarabucak17
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mrskarabucak17 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:40 am

Thank you so much Tatalo, that has put my mind slightly more at ease. Though I'm still confused as we already sent all of that information back in February with our original application, so don't know why they are asking for it all again, hench my panic.

Striker
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Striker » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:43 pm

I sent UPC broadband bills, revenue and Bank statements (2012 to 2017), and GP reference letter and Land Lord letter on 1st September. I did not receive any confirmation letter from them yet.

I hope they satisfy with above documents.

Waiting a letter for 2nd Stage processing.