ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Refusal - Tier 2 Genaral

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Re: Visa Refusal - Tier 2 Genaral

Post by jkhaliq » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:09 pm

wen3 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:58 pm
Hi @sech and @mmicky5050,

I am pretty much in a similar position as you, sech. I just submitted my application on 25th August for SOC 2311 as well. I also submitted the EXACT same documents as you did but without my contract of employment. My salary is stated in the CoS and I hope that should be self-explanatory? I know there's nothing I can do now considering that I have submitted it but I guess I am asking for a better sleep at night? :shock:

I heard the processing time around this time of the year is very long and I am anxious about it. When did you submit your application and did you use priority visa?
Please do share your news or updates. Hope we all receive good news in due time.
Hi,
I got my visa on 16th of August for SoC 2311, There is no need to submit the employment contract, In my case, the employment contract had 2 different start dates and HR emailed me a new copy of the contract to sign :|. So you should feel relaxed. The only document which you should have attached was the copy of CoS letter which uni had sent you. It is the proof (which you have with you) that you have appropriate salary and the sponsor is giving you the maintenance. UKVi should be able to see all the information when they'll input your CoS.

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Post by jkhaliq » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:13 pm

wen3 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:58 pm
Hi @sech and @mmicky5050,

I am pretty much in a similar position as you, sech. I just submitted my application on 25th August for SOC 2311 as well. I also submitted the EXACT same documents as you did but without my contract of employment. My salary is stated in the CoS and I hope that should be self-explanatory? I know there's nothing I can do now considering that I have submitted it but I guess I am asking for a better sleep at night? :shock:

I heard the processing time around this time of the year is very long and I am anxious about it. When did you submit your application and did you use priority visa?
Please do share your news or updates. Hope we all receive good news in due time.
Hey,
The processing times are high at this time of the year due to holidays and a large number of student applications. I submitted mine on 27th July and got the passport on 16th, however, my family is still waiting for their passports as the decision was made on the same date. Strange!!
My advice is to go with priority.

wen3
Newly Registered

Post by wen3 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:54 am

Hi @jkhaliq and @sech,

Thank you for the kind advice and assurance. I used the priority visa and submitted on 25 August. Hopefully it will help.

My other concern is that I sent printed electronic copies of UK NARIC statements instead of hardcopy paper statements. This was because delivery of hardcopy paper statements will take several weeks to arrive my country, which will result in far longer delay to my visa application. So, I applied for a 48-hour fast track service from UK NARIC to receive electronic copies from them in advance, and then I printed the electronic copies and submitted at the visa application center. I couldn't find advice on whether any applicant has done this before.

I understand that we must submit original copies at the center (the center scans the original documents to UKVI). So, I submitted a short cover letter on why I submitted the printed electronic copies (1. long delivery time that will further delay visa application) and also stated that UK NARIC has confirmed with me that UKVI could contact them should they need to verify my assessments. Hope this will be fine with UKVI. The difference between electronic and hardcopy is that the hardcopy has a small square scan code whereas the electronic copy has the words "copy" faintly printed at the background of the whole paper (I think it is a safety feature to prevent users from doctoring the electronic copies and to distinguish electronic against hardcopy). Other than that, the format and content of the electronic copy are identical to hardcopy.

Secondly, in the event my visa is approved after my job commencement date (does this happen?), other than informing the university's HR department to generate a new employment contract, are there any steps need to be taken? such as amendment of CoS etc?

Many thanks everyone!

sech
Newly Registered

Post by sech » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:22 am

Hi @wen3,

I am not confident to comment on the use of electronic copies of UK NARIC statements. It seems that the fast track service is available only to BLUE Route. Normally, RED Route should be taken for applying immigration/settlement visa. The layouts of the BLUE/RED statement appear to be quite different as well.

Regarding you second question, the HR department has updated my commencement date to 11 Sept (originally 1 Sept) in the sponsorship management system, after knowing that there is a delay in my visa. They also generated me a revised contract for the new commencement date.

Hope it helps. Take care and good luck.

wen3
Newly Registered

Post by wen3 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:44 am

Hi @sech,

Thank you for your reply. I checked with UK NARIC that Blue route is still acceptable for visa application. Just wondering, did your employer updated your CoS using the sponsorship management system while you were still waiting for your visa application results or after you have received the results, then only the employer updated the using the system?

Thank you, again.

sech
Newly Registered

Post by sech » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:02 am

Hello wen,

The HR lady mentioned that she will update the SMS regarding my commencement date (11 Sept), since it is unlikely that I will able to report duty on 1 Setp. I am not sure when it will be done, but this should be a note to the home office regarding the new arrival date of the migrant.

I learned that a decision has been made on 18 Aug, and there are still 5 more working days to wait for the delivery. I will keep you guys updated when get my passport.

Take care.

wen3 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:44 am
Hi @sech,

Thank you for your reply. I checked with UK NARIC that Blue route is still acceptable for visa application. Just wondering, did your employer updated your CoS using the sponsorship management system while you were still waiting for your visa application results or after you have received the results, then only the employer updated the using the system?

Thank you, again.

wen3
Newly Registered

Post by wen3 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:34 am

[quote=sech post_id=1526340 time=1503817338 user_id=172245]
Hello wen,

The HR lady mentioned that she will update the SMS regarding my commencement date (11 Sept), since it is unlikely that I will able to report duty on 1 Setp. I am not sure when it will be done, but this should be a note to the home office regarding the new arrival date of the migrant.

I learned that a decision has been made on 18 Aug, and there are still 5 more working days to wait for the delivery. I will keep you guys updated when get my passport.

Take care.

Hi @sech, thank you so much for the updates and sharing. Hope to hear from you. Take care.

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Post by jkhaliq » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:51 am

I dont think it should be a problem, I submitted photocopy of my degree as a proof of english language and got the visa

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:24 am

Hello jkhaliq

which country did you apply from? is it possible to please list the documents you submitted with your application? Thank you.

jkhaliq
Netherlands

Post by jkhaliq » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:46 pm

Hey,
I submitted from Dusseldorf, Germany

All the documents were scanned and everything was returned to me on the spot so apart from passport I did not give them any hard copies.

List of Documents I submitted,
Passport
Application form
Copy of My degree (for english language, I had original also but he said the coloured copy would do)
Letter of RCoS received from the sponsor (UKVI sent them this letter and had all the details regarding salary, passport, maintenance and duration etc)
Copy of old passport (only stamped pages and the one with photo)
Bank statement as a proof of address (Not as a proof of maintenance)
Employment contract (not a requirement but I sent it anyways)
Criminal Record certificate from all the countries I have lived for more than 12 months excluding UK.
Hotel booking confirmation (not a requirement but I wanted to be as complete as possible)

I did not submit TB test report as In my case it was not required (living in a country which is not on the list of countries from which UK requires a TB test)

Looks like these are the documents which I submitted.

you must earn 30,000 pounds at the rate of 40 hours a week, if your salary is 28000 at 37 hours a week, it is according to the limit set bu UKVI as the salary is 30270 for 40 hours a week.
You must show evidence of english language (Degree from an english speaking country, check for UKNAIRC) or IELTS certificate,
Maintenance, if your sponsor is A rated, it will be written on RCoS, if not then attach a bank statement with funds in the bank, you can check the requirement.

Let us know if you need more help.

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:15 pm

thank you so much. i appreciate it.

wen3
Newly Registered

Post by wen3 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:37 am

Thanks @jkhaliq, I was wondering do you have to send a passport picture to UKVI? I have glued my passport picture onto the signed and dated visa application form. Not sure if I need to send in extra pictures? Thank you

wen3
Newly Registered

Post by wen3 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:56 am

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share/update that I applied on 25th Aug, received passport+visa vignette on 7th Sept (priority visa), applied from Malaysia.

My current issue is that my BRP is not ready since collection date 11 Sept. Has anyone encountered similar issue? @sech, did you receive yours on time since you are also in the UK for a lecturer position. Is there someone/authority that we could contact or the university could contact?
I could not start work/sign an employment contract with the university without the BRP and now I am left stranded and I am very concerned about this. This is troubling as I am worried whether it will arrive if I don't nudge them about it but I do not know how I should get in touch with relevant authority. Please advise anyone? Many thanks.

P.S. They accepted UK Naric scanned electronic copies (if you apply for fast track, you will receive an email version of UK Naric statements, you can print these electronic copies and scan them at VFS service, this is my experience applying from Malaysia)

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Hello everyone

Hope you guys are doing great and have started your jobs. I am about to submit my application.

Do we need to submit photocopies of past visas and employment cards (non UK)? or will the VFS center scan them from original? The employment cards wont be on old passports so am wondering if those should be attached to show complete past immigration and employment history.