ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guidance for Tier 2 to Tier 4

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bairdy88
Newly Registered

Guidance for Tier 2 to Tier 4

Post by Bairdy88 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:42 am

Hi all,

My girlfriend is currently on a Tier 4 student visa, and wants to stay after completing her masters. Her tier 2 visa expires in February so writing here to get some general advice/recommendations. I am a UK citizen from birth, and we are just about to move in together.

I am aware of the government listing of sponsored employers, but is there some advice on searching for jobs where suppliers are willing to consider sponsorship. For example, she passed a grad scheme application, only to be told they don't sponsor despite being on the list.

Appreciate any and all help!

Adam

Bairdy88
Newly Registered

Re: Guidance for Tier 4 to Tier 2

Post by Bairdy88 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:01 pm

I meant Tier 4 to Tier 2

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Guidance for Tier 2 to Tier 4

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:42 am

Bairdy88 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:42 am
Her tier 2 visa expires in February so writing here to get some general advice/recommendations.

I am aware of the government listing of sponsored employers, but is there some advice on searching for jobs where suppliers are willing to consider sponsorship.
For general information on eligibility to switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2, see https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3771

For specific advice on applying for relevant jobs, she should speak to the Careers Service at her university.
Bairdy88 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:42 am
For example, she passed a grad scheme application, only to be told they don't sponsor despite being on the list.
It's not just about whether the employer is a Tier 2 sponsor, but about whether the specific job meets the requirements, which presumably it doesn't.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.