ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Refusal - previous overstayer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stmellon

Spouse Refusal - previous overstayer

Post by stmellon » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:26 am

A friend is in pieces having heard that her Indian spouse has just been refused a UK visa.

As soon as she receives the refusal notice I/she will post it for disection, but in the mean time I wondered if anybody has recent knowledge or experience of spousal applications from India?

I understand that the gentleman has previously been in the UK illegally (don't know the details, will clarify later; possibly overstaying a student visa). The relationship has existed for 2 years before the wedding which took place in India in the summer, and the wife is in gainful employment so the only "red flag" appears to be immigration history - but we are under the impression that this cannot be grounds for refusal alone.

Any comments / suggestions / details on the length of an appeal would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Simon

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:57 am

uh yes, it is grounds for refusal and it was heard they wouldn't start getting serious with it until april, guess the ho is off to a head start.