ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My husband's spousal visa just got rejected

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sarah D
Newly Registered

My husband's spousal visa just got rejected

Post by Sarah D » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:26 am

We got married last July in India, he is going mad over there, we have been apart for so long and were so thorough in our application, I dont know why I am posting this, I cannot even ask for advice yet as I dont know the reason cos he just text me to tell me then turned his phone off. I dont understand why life has to be this hard

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:58 am

guess he married you for a visa and doesn't need to discuss it with you right now. probably looking into his alternate options.

Sarah D
Newly Registered

Post by Sarah D » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:04 pm

what the hell are you doing on here you scum, this is supposed to be a forum for people to help each other OF COURSE HE DID NOT MARRY ME FOR A VISA DO YOU THINK I AM A HALF WIT what is the point in your existence you deserve nothing but unhappyness for the rest of your life do you think that helps? i have nothing right now NOTHING AND I DONT DESERVE IT I AM A GOOD PERSON WHO WOULD NEVER SAY TO ANYONE WHAT YOU JUST SAID TO ME

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:09 pm

How do you know, he didn't marry you for a visa? It happens all the time and it gets posted on the forum. I find it highly suspicious, that all he can do is text message you. Cmon, it is important to you too and he can't even bother to discuss it with his spouse on the phone.
So take out your frustration on the hubby if he ever gets back to calling you with his new plan.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Very suspicious that he wouldnt want to discuss this with you - however 'gutted' he may be.

I know when we had an application rejected, must have been on the phone for 3-4 hours a day for at least a week.

OTT reaction from the OP I might add.

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:50 pm

SYH, I'm appalled by your response to the OP and have reported it to the Admin.

I think it's far more likely that this is a huge shock to the system, and he doesn't want to compound his wife's distress by breaking down over the phone when there is nothing that she can do in the immediate term.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:51 pm

gollywood wrote:OTT reaction from the OP I might add.
Possibly, but unwarranted assertions from some other people too.

Sarah D, do you have any idea for the reason for the refusal. Without that and a bit more background I'm not sure that anyone here, even the favourably disposed, can suggest anything...

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:18 pm

stmellon wrote:SYH, I'm appalled by your response to the OP and have reported it to the Admin.

I think it's far more likely that this is a huge shock to the system, and he doesn't want to compound his wife's distress by breaking down over the phone when there is nothing that she can do in the immediate term.
Yeah my view is otherwise. Just because you don't like what I have to say, you don't go crying to mommie about it. And certainly the op's reaction is more indefensible than my statements.

Together for 8 weeks is not much a solid marriage make so I have my doubts as to his genuineness. Clearly the OP is too much of a romantic to be practical.

frances2

Post by frances2 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:02 pm

SYH wrote:guess he married you for a visa and doesn't need to discuss it with you right now. probably looking into his alternate options.
Why make a statement like this..... It serves no purpose than to upset and compound peoples' misery.

Nobody asked you for your opinion on the relationship, furthermore what makes you think you're in a position to comment.

Totally unnessacary and uncalled for. I for one think the admin should look seriously at what and how you are contributing to the board.

You seem plain nasty.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:21 pm

frances2 wrote:
SYH wrote:guess he married you for a visa and doesn't need to discuss it with you right now. probably looking into his alternate options.
Why make a statement like this..... It serves no purpose than to upset and compound peoples' misery.

Nobody asked you for your opinion on the relationship, furthermore what makes you think you're in a position to comment.

Totally unnessacary and uncalled for. I for one think the admin should look seriously at what and how you are contributing to the board.

You seem plain nasty.
No it is helping the OP to wise up to a possible scam and further heartache and disappointment. Too many people come on here with this story and that is probably why the HO rejected the visa request. They dont' see it as genuine marriage either.
By the OP by coming on here left herself open to other people's assessment, that doesn't mean I have to give her one that fixes the problem or coddles her or keeps deluding her from her the situation of being used by her spouse.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:22 pm

SYH wrote:Yeah my view is otherwise. Just because you don't like what I have to say, you don't go crying to mommie about it. And certainly the op's reaction is more indefensible than my statements.

Together for 8 weeks is not much a solid marriage make so I have my doubts as to his genuineness. Clearly the OP is too much of a romantic to be practical.
That is as may be. But don't forget, this isn't a forum for personal or relationship problems. It's a forum for immigration problems. The immigration problem that the OP alludes to might be related in some way to what you are surmising, but it might not be. Since we don't know what the issues are that have led to the rejection of the visa application, I would say that it behoves people who respond to the OP to ask what these issues are or to suggest what might happen next, not to make personal remarks on the basis of very little evidence, one way or the other, about the personal issues involved. Common decency and an only average understanding of human emotions ought also to suggest, I should have thought, that the OP is at present very upset about what has happened. If you don't want to do deal first with the immigration issues, moving on to matters relating to the marriage only if they prove to be relevant, I fail to see why you seem to think that you need to post at all.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:23 pm

So we've only to tell people what they want to hear?

I personally wouldn't have gone as far as SYH in actually saying it but I was thinking it, as I'm sure many other were. So what's the real difference?

Granted we don't know how the OP and her husband conduct their relationship so his reaction might be acceptable but you have to admit it's a strange one.

Also I feel the OP's somewhat low-class reaction OTT even given the fact she was riled was far worse than what SYH said.

Anyway, back the subject in hand, we need to wait for the reason for the refusal, before we can comment further.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Wanderer wrote:So we've only to tell people what they want to hear?

I personally wouldn't have gone as far as SYH in actually saying it but I was thinking it, as I'm sure many other were. So what's the real difference?
The difference, surely, lies in the way it was put. A simple question about the background to the rejection would have been a much more sensible approach. As I noted above, if someone isn't prepared to do it humanely and politely, instead of making vain and haughty assumptions, why bother to post at all?

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: My husband's spousal visa just got rejected

Post by sakura » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:19 pm

Sarah D wrote:We got married last July in India, he is going mad over there, we have been apart for so long and were so thorough in our application, I dont know why I am posting this, I cannot even ask for advice yet as I dont know the reason cos he just text me to tell me then turned his phone off. I dont understand why life has to be this hard
Let's just move on from this...

Sarah, can you give a good outline of your relationship and immigration history thus far? When you met your husband, was he ever in the UK, are you in employment, what documents you provide, etc?

hello_kitty

Post by hello_kitty » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:21 pm

I can see a hot topic here! Oh my god.. leave SarahD alone..give her some help instead of arguing what is right / wrong.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:19 pm

Christophe wrote: That is as may be. But don't forget, this isn't a forum for personal or relationship problems. It's a forum for immigration problems. The immigration problem that the OP alludes to might be related in some way to what you are surmising, but it might not be. Since we don't know what the issues are that have led to the rejection of the visa application, I would say that it behoves people who respond to the OP to ask what these issues are or to suggest what might happen next, not to make personal remarks on the basis of very little evidence, one way or the other, about the personal issues involved. Common decency and an only average understanding of human emotions ought also to suggest, I should have thought, that the OP is at present very upset about what has happened. If you don't want to do deal first with the immigration issues, moving on to matters relating to the marriage only if they prove to be relevant, I fail to see why you seem to think that you need to post at all.
Everything is a speculation, so that is a ridiculous reason for not saying what I was thinking. she said she didn't know why he was rejected because the hubby didn't have the courtesy of telling his wife what the problem was. Sounds like an electronic dear john letter and a really unsophisticated one at that. And don't tell me about it is an immigration issue when you get whiny soppy people being abused by their spouses who commit bigamy and leave their children as soon as they get their ILR. As a result, the immigration issue can not be dealt in a vacuum which is why the HO tries to interview and obtain as many details as possible. And it speaks volumes that the HO has rejected the application. It isn't a genuine marriage in their eyes and as soon as she has the guts to write about the rejection, provided hubby tells her the truth, you will see that the HO doesn't decide visa in a vacuum either. Stop being some moral authority when it is just because you feel sorry for her. Feel sorry for her but don't condone her delusion of the matter either.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:38 pm

SYH wrote:Stop being some moral authority when it is just because you feel sorry for her. Feel sorry for her but don't condone her delusion of the matter either.
I don't "condone her delusion" of the matter, because I know nothing about the matter. I haven't the faintest idea if she's deluded about it or not - not the faintest; and neither have you.

However, this discussion is not the purpose of the OP's thread, so let's leave it there. We can agree to differ, I'm sure.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:02 pm

Christophe wrote:
However, this discussion is not the purpose of the OP's thread, so let's leave it there. We can agree to differ, I'm sure.
The purpose was she wanted a reason for the refusal. I gave it to her.
And despite the little info available, there is enough, and it is that the HO rejected the visa. When the HO rejects visas, it usually is because they question the genuineness of the marriage and more recently they have gotten heavy with overstayers. Plain and simple. The spouse of the OP suddenly become incommunicado so that speaks volumes too.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Looks like the reaction she has generated has put the OP right off and she has done a runner :lol: ...I think we should not cast doubts on the genuineness of the relationship at this stage as it's clearly a matter between the OP and her husband but it would be helpful to know the grounds of refusal before we can give her any constructive advice..

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:14 pm

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:52 am

SYH had previously been asked to tone down his replies, especially the rather vicious ones directed at new members to the forum.

I don't know what his personal problems were recently, but his posts in the past couple of days are utterly reprehensible and are not the sort of behavior we will tolerate here.

Don't let the door smack you in the backside on your way to another place, SYH.

You are BANNED, and you are invited to never return.

the Admin
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice

Sarah D
Newly Registered

the facts

Post by Sarah D » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:46 am

yesterday i did do a runner. I was so distraught that like a little girl my dad had to come and get me from work.

My husband and I lived together for 2 years before getting married. We have the most solid and wonderful relationship that I have ever witnessed or experienced. He is my whole life and I have no doubt that I am his.

Yesterday - like stmellon suggested - after he got refused he was so upset that he turned his phone off and went straight to get the bus that would take 7 hours to get him back to his mums. He did not know what to say to me. Since then, we have spent hours and hours crying and talking it over on the phone.

The reasons for the refusal were that (they say) although we provided 8 months of my wage slips there was no corresponding money going into my account (which is a load of crap of course there is) and that I did not provide a P60 (which I did) so there was no solid evidence of my employment.

The other reason is that we were married within a week of going to India (at this time I had 6 weeks off from work, and we believed that the sooner we got married, the sooner we could apply for the visa, and perhaps we could return to England TOGETHER but in the end it took 5 months to even renew his passport) and that neither of my parents attended the wedding (they are divorced and do not speak to each other so I could not invite one and not the other and to have them both there in INDIA for crying out loud while I am trying to cope with being in a place where they have never even seen a white person and no one apart from my husband speaks English and having a wedding where I dont really know what is going on would have been a nightmare as I would have had to be worried about them and are they ok as well) so in this guys opinion it was not a genuine marriage, based on these reasons.

There were other reasons, such as we had been paying our rent in cash (even though obviously a tenancy agreement had been submitted) so apparently no evidence of somewhere to live. My husband explained all of these things, but the guy just did not want to know.

I have not even read most of the threads above this. I apologise for my initial outburst - but rest assured yesterday was the worst day of my life. stmellon knows me, we work together, so he can vouch for not only the genuiness of my relationship, but the genuiness of my pain. Please, I beg you, no more mention of my husband just marrying me for a visa, as it is just plain nonsence and a waste of your time to post. We have only been together for 8 weeks SINCE WE GOT MARRIED because I have a job, I spent Christmas over there, and the 6 weeks in the summer, but I cannot afford either anymore holiday right now or the cost of flights.

I am now, with the help of an Immigration Barrister who I also work with, going to appeal. I know all is not lost, but being without my husband for so much longer is just so so awful. My health is already deteriorating and I dont know how much more of this I can cope with.

If there is anyone out there who has been through this then I would really appreciate any words of encouragement.

vinny

the facts

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:04 am

UPs & DOWNs In Life provides words of wisdom. Good luck with your appeal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Twin
Member of Standing

Post by Twin » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:27 am

I am probably the happiest that S.H.I.T (sorry, I meant SYH) has been banned. He was a very nasty member indeed.

Now it's Wanderer to follow, I hope.

SaraD, i'm so sorry to read about your refusal but from the reasons you've given, I think that decision would easily be overturned on appeal. Chin up and don't let faceless people on the internet get to you. SYH was a notorious member and believe it or not, he only not too long obtained his ILR but thinks he's far better than other immigrants.

Justice has been served on SYH! Now hurry with Wanderer's!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:16 pm

Twin wrote:I am probably the happiest that S.H.I.T (sorry, I meant SYH) has been banned. He was a very nasty member indeed.

Now it's Wanderer to follow, I hope.

SaraD, i'm so sorry to read about your refusal but from the reasons you've given, I think that decision would easily be overturned on appeal. Chin up and don't let faceless people on the internet get to you. SYH was a notorious member and believe it or not, he only not too long obtained his ILR but thinks he's far better than other immigrants.

Justice has been served on SYH! Now hurry with Wanderer's!
Listen Love, I've been here several years with many posts, helped for more than I've hindered if you'd bothered to read, ok I get pissed off with people asking the same old without bothering to search, criminals begging to stay etc. but on the whole I am a good boy.

Who do you think you are? What I'm I doing justifying myself to you?

Admin, should I stay I should I go?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....