ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR Application - no response for 6 weeks

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pkovarova
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

PR Application - no response for 6 weeks

Post by pkovarova » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:24 am

Hi,

I have applied for permanent residency card in mid July and am yet to receive an acknowledgment from HO with regards to my application. All my documents have been sent, including my passport, P60s etc. I am doubting myself and whether or not my application has even been received.

I'm Czech and have been living in UK for over 11 years. Prior to applying for British citizenship, I'm only just now applying for the permanent residency card (well overdue, I know) .

I've emailed and called the HO, with no luck and am genuinely worried.

Would anyone have an idea or an experience with the process and advise me on what to do next?

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards,
Pav

GabriellaG
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PR Application - no response for 6 weeks

Post by GabriellaG » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:55 am

pkovarova wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:24 am
Hi,

I have applied for permanent residency card in mid July and am yet to receive an acknowledgment from HO with regards to my application. All my documents have been sent, including my passport, P60s etc. I am doubting myself and whether or not my application has even been received.

I'm Czech and have been living in UK for over 11 years. Prior to applying for British citizenship, I'm only just now applying for the permanent residency card (well overdue, I know) .

I've emailed and called the HO, with no luck and am genuinely worried.

Would anyone have an idea or an experience with the process and advise me on what to do next?

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards,
Pav
Hi Pav,

Did you send the documents via recorded delivery? Can you not track through Royal Mail website?
They should take the payment fairly quickly after sending. Has this been debited off your account? If it has been debited then I wouldn't worry. You will get confirmation email from HO within 1-2 months.

pkovarova
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by pkovarova » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:48 pm

Hello Gabriella,

thank you for your response and trying to calm me down. The money was debited on 20-Jul. Stupidly enough, I sent it via first class only so have no method of tracking the documents. I will try and contact royal mail, if there is any way to track it regardless, but am doubtful they will be able to help.

Either/Or, I am hoping you are right, and I will hear back from HO relatively soon.

Thank you
Pav

ladytan382
Newly Registered

Post by ladytan382 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:02 pm

I realy no av words to say why on earth u sent ur passport and important documents without recorded delivery?

anyway if they took the money this mean they got ur application but remember if u applied online they take money straight way, and ask u to send documents within 15 days, so am bit worried abut it maybe they didn't get ur documents yet, I applied mid july as well and got my confirmation email, and also letter from HO. u shud not sit around and wait, try to find ur documents ring them or ask royal mail, all EEA members r getting ther application done within 3 months if everything is alright, u shud av received something by now bcoz its almost going to be 2 months