ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

timeline for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mmicky5050

timeline for spouse visa

Post by mmicky5050 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:35 pm

I am coming to the UK in October on Tier 2 general visa.

Now, I plan to marry my long term girl friend (British citizen) this year. She is still a student. I plan to convert the Tier 2 to a spouse visa before Jan next year. I have the following questions.

1. My salary will cover the spouse visa financial requirements. My gf is still a student and not earning. Can my salary be used to satisfy the financial requirements?

2. Can I apply for the spouse visa within a month or two of being on Tier 2? I realize i can apply after 6 months.

Thank you so much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: timeline for spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:45 pm

1. My salary will cover the spouse visa financial requirements. My gf is still a student and not earning. Can my salary be used to satisfy the financial requirements?
If applying on FLR(M) within the UK then yes you can use your salary. You will have to pay £500 IHS plus the visa fee.
2. Can I apply for the spouse visa within a month or two of being on Tier 2? I realize i can apply after 6 months.
You need evidence of 6 months payslips and 6 months corresponding bank statements. How do you propose supplying that if you switch so soon?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmicky5050

Post by mmicky5050 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:04 pm

Thank you so much CROO1. you are an angel for helping us out :-)

I was hoping to supply salary payslips from my curent non-UK job to satisfy the financial requirement. I was under the impression that that was allowed. what do you think?

also, what is IHS?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:09 pm

mmicky5050 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:04 pm
Thank you so much CROO1. you are an angel for helping us out :-)

I was hoping to supply salary payslips from my curent non-UK job to satisfy the financial requirement. I was under the impression that that was allowed. what do you think?

also, what is IHS?
You would only be able to qualify with overseas earnings if you were applying for a spouse settlement visa from outside of the UK, before entry. Not when you are switching from Tier 2 to FLR(M).

IHS - Immigration Health Surcharge.
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... n/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:53 pm

Overseas income would also is only the British spouse's that is taken into account when moving at the same time as the spouse being sponsored on a spouse visa.

You will need to meet the financial requirement with your UK income only.

IHS needs to be paid for your tier 2 general and you will have to pay it again for your spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.