ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

7 Years Child Route

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jebi
Newly Registered
India

7 Years Child Route

Post by jebi » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:13 pm

Dear Members,

I need your advice on my situation,

I came to UK July 2010 and currently on Tier 2 Visa(3rd year),
My extension is due this September. Unfortunately, my company's Licence suspended and i dont know what to do in this situation and its not easy to find another sponsor in this very less time.

I have 2 children, Elder daughter born in india and younger daughter Born in UK.

Elder Daughter: Came to Uk July 2011( 6 years and 1 month in Uk)
Younger daughter: Born May 2012( 5 years and 3 months in Uk)
Both are going to school.

One more issue is they have been to India for 1.5 years due to my wife medical condition with valid UK dependant visa.Is this gap is going to effect their application.I know my child has no completed 7 years,But they both are use to British environment and cannot go back to our country.

Please advice if i can go for this route as i am in difficult condition as explained.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: 7 Years Child Route

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:33 pm

There is no 7 year route per se - it's always about the best interests of the child and the UKVI rightly considers children to adaptable - anchor children doesn't work....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jebi
Newly Registered
India

Post by jebi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:52 am

Dear wanderer,

Please explain me if i can apply

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:55 am

Course you can apply.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jebi
Newly Registered
India

Post by jebi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:58 am

So, Do you think they will approve our application on my circumstances with kids

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Are the mother/father of the children married, and are you all living together?

jebi
Newly Registered
India

Post by jebi » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:09 pm

Yes we are married and we have 2 kids

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:20 pm

Then the chances of getting this visa are practically nil. From the HO's point of view, if the child has two married cohabitating parents, that is the most stable family situation the child could have. They should be able to move with their family anywhere in the world and adjust, perhaps not easily, but with a sound support structure in place. There are many references, on this forum alone, of couples who have been deported misguidedly believing that merely being the parents of a child who's lived in the UK for seven years will magically get them a visa. It doesn't work like that at all. The HO takes a look at the family circumstances, both in the UK and in potential countries they might live, and bases their decision on how reasonable it would be to expect the child to be able to adapt. Both parents being married cohabitating with the child is pretty much an automatic refusal. Throw in the fact that if you are both from the same country (are you?), the child can/will easilly attain citizenship of that country without question and it's all over for that application.

The only circustance that I've ever heard of a successful application on this route was borderline tragic, and the UK, to their credit, made the right decision.

You should seek other options.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:02 pm

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jupiter2016
Mood:

Post by jupiter2016 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:07 pm

@ jebi , Try to avoid 7 yeras olsd child rule.. it's very very hard to get it . My one s most unfortunate case , even at my time right of appeal was given to all(as my application in time application and before last T4 visa expired. And applied in March 2015).. you can see my posts how long I m fighting ! And only GOD knows what's is written in my fate! Try to switch in any another category like T-1 or T4. Or find another sponsor meantime..

jupiter2016
Mood:

Post by jupiter2016 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:10 pm

@secret .simon Any idea what could be happen in hearing as my hearing in December in COA. Really appreciate for any suggestion. Regards