ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Green card = Stamp 1 or 4?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GreenCardApplicant
Newly Registered

Green card = Stamp 1 or 4?

Post by GreenCardApplicant » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:09 pm

Hi there,

This may seem like a silly question, but I was under the impression that with a green card you get a 2 year stamp 4 on your GNIB card.
Last week I went to get my new GNIB card with my new green card and I got a stamp 1, for one year... When I asked tey said that I got the correct stamp.. Is that true?
So the GNIB office makes money out of me having to go back every year (€100 each time) on a green card that's valid for 2 years.. and I can't get on with stuff cause banks still want to see stamp 4 for mortgage applications for example...

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Yes,
you received the correct stamp - a stamp 1. After 2 years on a green card permit you should be able to submit an application for long term residency (this is in the new immigration bill before the dail) that would give you a stamp 4. Problem is, you could easily be waiting 18 months or so for this after you've submitted your application based on processing times at present. People who got a work authorisation in the past got a stamp 4.

It's a real pain, and I'm in the same situation as you, I can't get a credit card or anything like that here, according to my bank, I need a stamp 4 for this as well.

jino
Newly Registered

Post by jino » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:06 pm

Some banks are giving loans and credit cards with stamp 1. I recently got a credit card from AIB with the same.

calai

Post by calai » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:27 pm

Agree with you.

I have asked BOI & they said i can apply for a 9 month interest free loan based on my GNIB card (stamp 1) even i have a student account

iamwhoever

Post by iamwhoever » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:11 pm

calai wrote:Agree with you.

I have asked BOI & they said i can apply for a 9 month interest free loan based on my GNIB card (stamp 1) even i have a student account
Can any of you who applied for a loan tell me long it usually takes? I'm here on a Stamp 1A, and have a student account. I applied for a student professional loan, but I haven't heard anything back yet. It's been about a week. I really need that loan to get me going until my first pay at the end of the month.