ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting For ILR Decision While Working

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

emmawolto
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Waiting For ILR Decision While Working

Post by emmawolto » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi,
Good Afternoon everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone could help me understand this situation and is there any hope for me?
I submitted an ILR Application when my current status was about to expire, its been 5 months and a decision would be made in few days.

however I got a message from my employer that the Home Office said i cant work until certain date im assuming that is the date is when a decision would be made or sent to me. I was registered with two different agencies the old one hasn't said anything about the status but the new agency i recently registered with said i cant start working yet.

I applied for ILR as a dependant child i have lived in the UK for 3 years now as i previously had a 2 year resident permit card.

could anyone tell me if they have had a similar experience and should i be scared? I told my Dad about it and he was saying we might have to get a Laywer im in my final year in college and Hoping to start University next year if the application is delayed any further i wont be able to Apply through UCAS correctly.

Any Help is much appreciated Thank You!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Waiting For ILR Decision While Working

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:11 pm

What visa exactly were you on before it expired?

What was the expiry date of your visa and on what date did you apply for ILR?

How old are you?

What are your parents visa status'??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

emmawolto
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by emmawolto » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi CR001 Thanks for the reply,

I had a 2 Year resident Biometric Permit with work permit that expired 15 of March the application for a new ILR was submitted just before the card expired.

I turned 19 just before i applied for the ILR but i was under 18 when i first received the 2 Year permit which also gave me the right to work but no public funds were allowed.

I only live with my Dad and he has an ILR

they asked for documents recently and we sent them on time but my passport was out of date and needed to be renewed

Thanks

emmawolto
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by emmawolto » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:11 pm
What visa exactly were you on before it expired?

What was the expiry date of your visa and on what date did you apply for ILR?

How old are you?

What are your parents visa status'??
Hi CR001 Thanks for the reply,

I had a 2 Year resident Biometric Permit with work permit that expired 15 of March the application for a new ILR was submitted just before the card expired.

I turned 19 just before i applied for the ILR but i was under 18 when i first received the 2 Year permit which also gave me the right to work but no public funds were allowed.

I only live with my Dad and he has an ILR

they asked for documents recently and we sent them on time but my passport was out of date and needed to be renewed

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:33 pm

What visa exactly did you have, there are many different kinds?

What exactly did it say on your BRP card?

Did your father have a Tier 2 or Tier 1 visa or when did he get ILR and how long has he been in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

emmawolto
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by emmawolto » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:33 pm
What visa exactly did you have, there are many different kinds?

What exactly did it say on your BRP card?

Did your father have a Tier 2 or Tier 1 visa or when did he get ILR and how long has he been in the UK?
My Dad has been he for more than 10 years i had a 2 year permit with no public fund but work was permitted "LEAVE TO REMAIN" im not sure of his tier but im sure hes had the ILR for more than 5 Years.

Quick Update, i just had a call from the Agency saying the Home Office said im all clear and have been approved to wok so im due to start work next week but i still dont know if that means the Application was successful, I Hope So Im excited now!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:47 pm

No it does not mean your application is successful.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

emmawolto
Newly Registered
Mood:
Wales

Post by emmawolto » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:47 pm
No it does not mean your application is successful.
A decision will be made by the end on this month to early September we have provided everything they asked for, if it is not accepted what will be my options? beause im currently a student and i only work during summer holidays