ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Refuse to Accept HSMP Visa as Full time work visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saayinla

Employer Refuse to Accept HSMP Visa as Full time work visa

Post by saayinla » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:42 pm

My employers are giving me serious problem because my HSMP visa says Resident Permit- Limited leave to Remain.

They insisted that the accompanying Visa Letter did not state that i have the right to work more than 40hours. And I stated to them that I have the right to work full time. They initially told me that they have called home office and everything is fine. but they later said that they are still not sure that am entitled to work full time.

They have therefore reduce my working hours to 20 /w until they have gotten a written confirmation from the office.

Am sure they have an hidden agenga.

Can I take legal action against them. any advice

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:49 pm

How very interesting!! Do you not have a contract?

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:09 pm

I did on my previious SEGS Visa but now that I have Hsmp. they said they are not sure about the allowance of time allowed to work.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:21 pm

saayinla wrote:I did on my previious SEGS Visa but now that I have Hsmp. they said they are not sure about the allowance of time allowed to work.
so you don't have a contract.

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:22 pm

Hey guys, as far as I am aware, only on hsmp visa you can work for how many hours you wanna work, you can have any no of part time jobs with different employers and also start a business as well.

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: Employer Refuse to Accept HSMP Visa as Full time work vi

Post by olisun » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:45 pm

saayinla wrote:Can I take legal action against them. any advice
What happens after you have taken a legal action against your employers?

asys
Newly Registered

Post by asys » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:17 pm

Whats your employers name .. are you looking at working at any GOVT office .. in that case it would be an issue as you need to be in UK for Min of 3 yrs and in certain case ILR/Citizenship .

I guess it would be useful if you could let us know what is the agency .

One more thing if your looking for companies which recruit train people and place them in jobs . they wont take you unless your PR .

There are some companies which might think that you have a visa so training you and chance is that you might leave the job..

HSMPgafla

Post by HSMPgafla » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:46 am

hi guys
anyone who got HSMP visa, on the passport you will fing WPUK --work permit UK..thats the proof that you can work as many hours as u want..
i am working 80 hours.. :D

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:13 pm

WoodieG wrote:You've probably just found an ignorant employer. The HO might do you a letter, it won't be specific to you though.

Other than that, I think the HO have a helpline for employers to ring for advice on visas and such - not sure of the number though.
The HO is not going to write any such letter but since the OP hasnt come back in a long time, there is no point in deliberating since the OP doesnt want to help herself

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:14 pm

You've probably just found an ignorant employer. The HO might do you a letter, it won't be specific to you though.

Other than that, I think the HO have a helpline for employers to ring for advice on visas and such - not sure of the number though.
________
Gm Foods
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starman
Newly Registered

Post by starman » Fri May 16, 2008 9:32 pm

the number is 0845 0106677 but be warned, what usually happens is employer gets a letter saying they can't confirm right to work!!

umair_munir
Newly Registered

Post by umair_munir » Sat May 17, 2008 11:23 am

Point your employers to the following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... alworking/

Ask them to look at the first PDF on the link. This document explains on how to check for entitlement to work in this country. Refer them to page 70 of the document.

push

Post by push » Sat May 17, 2008 12:47 pm

Dont know if you have done it already but if you have got the job through a headhunter then there is a strong possibility that he may explain things to your employer. In any case, as suggested by some other members, pointing the HR guys to HO website should definitely help.

regards,

push_hsmp