ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Priority Delay??

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

joysmilesmilejoy
Newly Registered
Singapore

Tier 4 Priority Delay??

Post by joysmilesmilejoy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:12 am

Hello, I've scoured the forum to see if anyone has a similar experience as I had, but I couldn't find anything.

So,
17 August: Went for my appointment, submitted documents and scanned biometrics
18 August: Received an email stating that it's being considered by an ECO
31 August: Called to enquire about my status, still awaiting a decision?

I'm wondering if anyone has had delays with the priority service? It's been 2 weeks, whereas it should have only been 3 to 5 working days albeit the person at the visa application centre did say it would take at least 5 days since it's peak season. I'm planning to fly off on the 7th, and I was told I could only call and make a complaint about the waiting time by the 8th.

I have applied for a Tier 4 student visa a while back and it only took 3 working days to process. My travel plans for now might have to be delayed, does anyone have any experience or insight into this?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Priority Delay??

Post by sah10406 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:56 am

joysmilesmilejoy wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:12 am
I'm wondering if anyone has had delays with the priority service?
You wonder? See multiple topics on this forum about current delays!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:01 am

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Dewi1994
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by Dewi1994 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:39 am

joysmilesmilejoy wrote:
Hello, I've scoured the forum to see if anyone has a similar experience as I had, but I couldn't find anything.

So,

I'm wondering if anyone has had delays with the priority service? It's been 2 weeks, whereas it should have only been 3 to 5 working days albeit the person at the visa application centre did say it would take at least 5 days since it's peak season. I'm planning to fly off on the 7th, and I was told I could only call and make a complaint about the waiting time by the 8th.

I have applied for a Tier 4 student visa a while back and it only took 3 working days to process. My travel plans for now might have to be delayed, does anyone have any experience or insight into this?
Hey, I paid for priority service too!

I did biometrics and submitted my documents on 2nd August. On the same day I also received the ECO email. Now it has been 20 working days for me. On the tracker, it says my application is still Open (under review). :x

Did they ask about ur application details for escalation? I emailed them and they took my details for escalation on 24th August. Since then they still don't reply my email.

Why do u need to wait till 8th Sept for the complaint?

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:46 am

Dewi1994 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:39 am
joysmilesmilejoy wrote:

So,

I did biometrics and submitted my documents on 2nd August. On the same day I also received the ECO email. Now it has been 20 working days for me. On the tracker, it says my application is still Open (under review). :x

Did they ask about ur application details for escalation? I emailed them and they took my details for escalation on 24th August. Since then they still don't reply my email.

which tracker ur using ? when I enter my gwf number it sayd unrecognized

Dewi1994
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by Dewi1994 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:06 am

aerobalag wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:46 am
Dewi1994 wrote:
joysmilesmilejoy wrote:

So,

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus
put GWF*********

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 am

Dewi1994 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:06 am
aerobalag wrote:
Dewi1994 wrote:
joysmilesmilejoy wrote:

So,

put GWF*********
Does that work? I tried my GWF no and IHS no but both times it said unrecognized

Dewi1994
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by Dewi1994 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:54 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 am
Dewi1994 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:
Dewi1994 wrote:

put GWF*********
Does that work? I tried my GWF no and IHS no but both times it said unrecognized
Nope. Since today it doesn't work :(

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:03 pm

Dewi1994 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:54 pm
Sam1990 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 am
Dewi1994 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:

put GWF*********
Nope. Since today it doesn't work :(
Yeah it has stopped working..even for those GWF no which used to show decided until yesterday.

joysmilesmilejoy
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by joysmilesmilejoy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:07 am

Dewi1994 wrote:
joysmilesmilejoy wrote:

So,

Where are you applying from? I'm applying from Singapore. They didn't ask for my application details for escalation, they just told me I had to wait for 15 working days to make a complaint or before I could call to make an escalation. I'm getting way to paranoid about it!

Dewi1994
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by Dewi1994 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:09 am

joysmilesmilejoy wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:07 am
Dewi1994 wrote:
joysmilesmilejoy wrote:

So,

Where are you applying from? I'm applying from Singapore. They didn't ask for my application details for escalation, they just told me I had to wait for 15 working days to make a complaint or before I could call to make an escalation. I'm getting way to paranoid about it!
Im applying from Jakarta, Indonesia. There's nothing we can do though. All the best for you! Please keep updating if you get any news

joysmilesmilejoy
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by joysmilesmilejoy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:34 am

Dewi1994 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:09 am
joysmilesmilejoy wrote:
Dewi1994 wrote:
joysmilesmilejoy wrote:

So,

Im applying from Jakarta, Indonesia. There's nothing we can do though. All the best for you! Please keep updating if you get any news
You're right, all the best for you too! Please do update if you have any news as well!

mariiii
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by mariiii » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:24 am

joysmilesmilejoy wrote:
Dewi1994 wrote:
joysmilesmilejoy wrote:

So,

Same here. I also applied from VFS Singapore by priority service. Here is my timeline:

Submit my application: Aug.14
Receive the email from Shefo: Aug.14 afternoon
Since then I get no updates. I'm so nervous about this issue now.

Deyjavu
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Deyjavu » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi guys,

I also paid for the pirority service and Yea tier 4 visa. I'm experiencing the same delay. Just like the other user said I have applied for a student visa before and it took less than a week.

Having submitted my application since the 7th of August 2017 It's been 18 working day. I phoned Ukvi just last week and Escalated my case.

To say I have been worried sick is an understatement. I literally can't function because I have invested my time and money like many of us

My university resumes in 2weeks which is the last enrollment date

Why do they have to let us go through this kind of stress. It is very annoying I must say

I am a returning student..... Are they anyone here going back to study as well

Please update me here if you have any update regarding decisions

Cheers

joysmilesmilejoy
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by joysmilesmilejoy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:30 am

Hello, I've an update! Today I received this email from VFS Global:

Dear ,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF045254073 was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 9/6/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Unfortunately I have no idea if I have gotten my visa yet or not, from past experience you only know if you have received your visa once you collect your passport. However I received a different email last time from UKVI which states my visa can be collected from the application centre, so I'm wondering if anyone has any information to help me kinda guess if I got it or not? :/

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:49 am

joysmilesmilejoy wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:30 am

Dear ,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF045254073 was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 9/6/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Unfortunately I have no idea if I have gotten my visa yet or not, from past experience you only know if you have received your visa once you collect your passport. However I received a different email last time from UKVI which states my visa can be collected from the application centre, so I'm wondering if anyone has any information to help me kinda guess if I got it or not? :/
Congratulations fellow singaporean! No sure way to find out apparently, just gotta take your passport and see for yourself. All the best!

joysmilesmilejoy
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by joysmilesmilejoy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:55 am

j_sheng45 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:49 am
joysmilesmilejoy wrote:

Dear ,

Congratulations fellow singaporean! No sure way to find out apparently, just gotta take your passport and see for yourself. All the best!
I was looking up when I will be able to collect my passport on the VFS website but haven't been able to find anything, do you know when the earliest is?

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:56 am

joysmilesmilejoy wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:55 am
j_sheng45 wrote:
joysmilesmilejoy wrote:

Dear ,

I was looking up when I will be able to collect my passport on the VFS website but haven't been able to find anything, do you know when the earliest is?
Sorry but I have no idea. I'm not staying in sg now. There should be a FAQ on vfs that covers it I suppose

123qwerty
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by 123qwerty » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:32 am

joysmilesmilejoy wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:55 am
j_sheng45 wrote:
joysmilesmilejoy wrote:

Dear ,

I believe you may collect your passport from VFS Global at Cecil Street between 8am - 4pm for priority svc, or 2 - 4pm for standard svc. Check the receipt, I think the times are printed there.

My priority svc was on 14th Aug, but my GWF number is later than yours, so hopefully I will receive it this week. Fingers crossed xx

Chenanigans
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by Chenanigans » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:28 am

I am in the same situation as you guys. I paid for priority visa service and submitted everything last August 25. Please do post here regarding any progress you have with your visas, so that others in the same situation can at least estimate when they will be receiving theirs.

I must say contacting the UKVI through phone or email is useless. The call center agents barely have access to any details regarding our applications, and can only answer something so blatantly obvious - that your visa is being processed.

joysmilesmilejoy
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by joysmilesmilejoy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:56 am

Update: I got my visa!

Very disappointed with how long it has taken, but the stress I've gotten from it is finally over :o Took 14 working days in total, can't imagine how long it would have taken if I didn't apply for the priority service!

CloudyNow
Turkey

Post by CloudyNow » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:54 am

joysmilesmilejoy wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:56 am
Update: I got my visa!

Very disappointed with how long it has taken, but the stress I've gotten from it is finally over :o Took 14 working days in total, can't imagine how long it would have taken if I didn't apply for the priority service!
Congratulations! I will be sending my online application this Saturday (can't do it before due to the 28-day rule) and who knows when my appointment will be... I will be using the priority service too. Do you think the process can pick up pace in September?

CalistaCherrie
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by CalistaCherrie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:02 am

Hey guys, I am in the same situation. I'm a returning student, applied using the priority service in Jakarta, Indonesia. my appointment was on the 15th of August, got my confirmation email from shefo in the same day, phoned the ukvi and was told that my application has been decided since the 1st of september. My course starts on the 18th and I haven't heard of anything since then! Any updates?

excal
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by excal » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread and would like to share my experience in the hope it would help others.

I applied for Tier 4 from VFS Jakarta, paid for priority service. Timeline:
16th Aug : submitted documents and biometrics
17th Aug : received email from shefo, being prepared for consideration by ECO
27th Aug : got a call from VFS asking to re-scan my documents, did that the same day (it's a Sunday btw)
8th Sep : got passport collection email
11th Sep : passport collected with visa inside, dated 6th September

Document scanning: I brought originals and copies with me, but the officer asked to scan my copies only. The reason being she was afraid if the scanning process would damage my originals (i.e. jammed). I asked her twice to confirm if it's ok not to scan originals and twice she assured me. So, for those who are worried, I can say having the copies scanned is ok (from my experience, at least)

Rescanning: the lady who called me said "your docs might not be completely scanned (i.e. missing pages) so we are just making sure we have the complete version, just in case". I confronted the VFS officer why it would take them 10 days to realise those "missing scans", and if my 10 days wait had been in vain... all she could do was to put the responsibility on UKVI, with the classic "we are just an application centre". To make it worse, 3 days after I rescanned the docs, they sent me an email asking for (another) re-scan! I visited VFS and the officer said "nothing's wrong, your document is complete. Perhaps the system has just sent the email now". So, I think it's a good idea to always have your mobile on in case they call, as their system takes days to send an email.

Decision: I got no email from UKVI informing a decision had been made. On 8th Sep I called my university and they contacted the UKVI to ask about my application. Turns out a decision had been made and "your documents will be at the visa application soon". Hours later, I received the collection email from VFS (it was 10 PM!). It was a Friday, so I could only collect on the following Monday. The decision is dated 6th Sep, so took about 2 days to arrive (or for them to finally send me an email? I can't say)

I had a bad experience with VFS Jakarta. For my previous visa application, they did not send me any email (and I know at least 4 people who also experienced this). I emailed the enquiry service (it was free back then) and they confirmed a decision had been made. Then I came to VFS in person and asked them to check. They scanned my barcode and said "it's not here yet". I didn't give up, I asked them to look for it manually behind the counter and guess what? Plot twist. There was my passport, with the visa dated 5 days prior. Funny thing, technology.

It might not be the same everywhere, but at least for those applying in Jakarta, if you are sure a decision has been made but you haven't got collection email after 2 days, you might want to try paying VFS a visit. Just be nice and put on a smile and talk in a friendly tone. Even for my current application, I think the only reason I got the collection email (at 10 PM!) was because I called my university and they called UKVI. Or perhaps all this waiting game has made me cynical.

Good luck for everyone who are still waiting!