ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

EEA National
Bulgaria

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by EEA National » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:54 pm

Sarasafari wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:31 am
Hi,
I have already passed my life in the UK test. For English knowledge test I have NCFE Functional Skill in English Level 1
In Writing/ Reading/ Speaking and Listening.
Is this certificate acceptable by Home Office or it has to be b1.

The second question I had, I am self employed but I don't have self assessment statement. Could you please inform me how I should obtain one.

Regards
Sara Safari
You need level 2 Functional Skills, equivalent to B1

blondescientist
Newly Registered

Post by blondescientist » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:48 pm

I just got a letter back from the HO...

They are not happy with my official degree transcript from the University of Cambridge (which means I need to break the nice frame to get my degree certificate out)... and also they told me that despite I have the PR card,
I need to provide a proof of my residence in the UK.

I will be providing those things asap but I cannot state how disappointed and sad I feel right now :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:58 pm

blondescientist wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:48 pm
I just got a letter back from the HO...

They are not happy with my official degree transcript from the University of Cambridge (which means I need to break the nice frame to get my degree certificate out)... and also they told me that despite I have the PR card,
I need to provide a proof of my residence in the UK.

I will be providing those things asap but I cannot state how disappointed and sad I feel right now :(
The degree certificate is mandatory to prove the English requirement, as the form states.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blondescientist
Newly Registered

Post by blondescientist » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:12 pm

I have previously sent the official original degree transcript provided by the university, on the official paper with a watermark - it's the first institution I have ever heard of not accepting the original degree transcripts/letters.

Any comments on the fact that the PR card is not
An evidence of the residence? I don't understand anymore what's that for too.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:17 pm

I have previously sent the official original degree transcript provided by the university, on the official paper with a watermark - it's the first institution I have ever heard of not accepting the original degree transcripts/letters.
Home Office need the original degree certificate to be able to verify it's authenticity. The ink seal/stamp is usually very specific to an institution.
Any comments on the fact that the PR card is not
An evidence of the residence? I don't understand anymore what's that for too.
Did you submit P60's or any such evidence along with all your passport(s) covering the last 5 years?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blondescientist
Newly Registered

Post by blondescientist » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:47 pm

I provided a lot: bank statements, contract, address of my employment (including the manager as a referee), I am paying paces (NI number provided too) - and the PR card. Also, they provided me with the UK PR card -
I don't understand what is the use of this card,
if not to prove my residence.

Also,
I am married to a Brit, in the UK.

Frankly speaking I find this unnecessarily difficult. Yes I will provide them with whatever they want, but it's just throwing stuff at me for no reason.

robtek
Newly Registered

Post by robtek » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Need some advice!!!
I sent application AN two weeks ago and I found out afterwords that I've missed one trip. It was one week absences in UK which does not affect residence requirements (I did not exceed absences allowance).
Should I notify Home Office about that trip?

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:27 am

robtek wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:37 pm
Need some advice!!!
I sent application AN two weeks ago and I found out afterwords that I've missed one trip. It was one week absences in UK which does not affect residence requirements (I did not exceed absences allowance).
Hello,
You could contact HO helpline to see if it's necessary to send this additional information (cross reference your HO case number).
Citizenship and nationality enquiries
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Telephone: 0300 123 2253
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

robtek
Newly Registered

Post by robtek » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:34 pm

I will call but wonder if someone experienced the same situation like me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:48 pm

robtek wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:34 pm
If you DID NOT leave the UK, there is no reason to add it to the absence schedule. HO is ONLY interested in absence outside the UK, not holidays taken in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:48 pm

blondescientist wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:47 pm
I provided a lot: bank statements, contract, address of my employment (including the manager as a referee), I am paying paces (NI number provided too) - and the PR card. Also, they provided me with the UK PR card -
I don't understand what is the use of this card,
if not to prove my residence.

Also,
I am married to a Brit, in the UK.

Frankly speaking I find this unnecessarily difficult. Yes I will provide them with whatever they want, but it's just throwing stuff at me for no reason.
Hi,

I think the fact that our passports don't get stamped, makes it very difficult for them to know for sure that we in fact truly live in the UK.
What I was advised by my solicitor to do was to ask my employers for a letter stating my employment period, how much leave I used up and whether I had taken any unpaid leave on top my contractual agreement. So basically British companies confirmed my residence in the UK.

Of course the bank statements should be enough, I guess they don't want to go through all the records counting the days you were out of the country.

I also provided them with a ton of correspondence - the more official the better.

robtek
Newly Registered

Post by robtek » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:48 pm
robtek wrote:
If you DID NOT leave the UK, there is no reason to add it to the absence schedule. HO is ONLY interested in absence outside the UK, not holidays taken in the UK.

To clarify - it was one week abroad (outside UK). As I said that trip will not affect my residency requirement. I am EEA national so no stamps in my passport. I honestly forgot about that trip. Should I send to HO all absences dates again or just mention about that specific, missing trip?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:08 pm

robtek wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:02 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:48 pm
robtek wrote:

To clarify - it was one week abroad (outside UK). As I said that trip will not affect my residency requirement. I am EEA national so no stamps in my passport. I honestly forgot about that trip. Should I send to HO all absences dates again or just mention about that specific, missing trip?
I merely responded to your post which said an absence in UK. I will leave others to offer further advice.
robtek wrote:
Need some advice!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

robtek
Newly Registered

Post by robtek » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:08 pm

I merely responded to your post which said an absence in UK. I will leave others to offer further advice.
robtek wrote:
Need some advice!!!
It was my mistake. It should be one week absences OUTSIDE of the UK which does not affect residence requirements.
I wonder if someone honestly forget about one absence and does it affect the outcome of the application?

robtek
Newly Registered

Post by robtek » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:41 pm

What are the consequences from missing one travel date in application?

deefox
Newly Registered

Post by deefox » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Im still waiting as well.. I applied 04/05/2017.... NCS lewisham. I thought my application was fairly straight forward.

Hopefully this comes through soon.

ANGELA LIMA

Post by ANGELA LIMA » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi

Which evidences a Non EEA Family who has PR, but was not working, can prove that she/he was present in the UK for the last five years? The EEA Family member has PR, and is not BC.

Thanks You in advance!

Dan1969
Newly Registered

Post by Dan1969 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:34 am

hi All,

I submitted my naturalization application in fab 2016, but i didn't receive the decision yet. I've called the home office so many time. However I've received the following same answer " your application under process. the caseworker will contact you if he/she need more information from you".

So, I'm wondering if there is any one suffered or suffering from the same problem. Please advise me?

If anyone received the decision after 6 months, could you mentioned how long it took please?

Also, I'm wondering if there is any option to know more about the status of the application as I didn't received any letter from the home office regarding the status of the application after 6 months as they mentioned in there acknowledgement letter.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Dan1969 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:34 am
hi All,

I submitted my naturalization application in fab 2016, but i didn't receive the decision yet. I've called the home office so many time. However I've received the following same answer " your application under process. the caseworker will contact you if he/she need more information from you".

So, I'm wondering if there is any one suffered or suffering from the same problem. Please advise me?

If anyone received the decision after 6 months, could you mentioned how long it took please?

Also, I'm wondering if there is any option to know more about the status of the application as I didn't received any letter from the home office regarding the status of the application after 6 months as they mentioned in there acknowledgement letter.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Almost 5 months here :). TBH I would expect my case be progressing quicker than this considering that May applicants got their replies. But as mentioned here - HO operates in it's own logic and ways, which has nothing to do with the time when you have applied.

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi,

I don't expect a definite answer to my query but I'll ask anyway: when you are contacted for additional info/documents by HO, do they ask all their questions in one go?
Or are there cases when they keep contacting you during the process as new questions arise?

I assume it's the latter but I'm curious.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:20 pm

IcikePicike wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:52 pm
Hi,

I don't expect a definite answer to my query but I'll ask anyway: when you are contacted for additional info/documents by HO, do they ask all their questions in one go?
Or are there cases when they keep contacting you during the process as new questions arise?

Thank you.
Usually in one go, IF they ask. They do not usually ask for additional stuff.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:20 pm
IcikePicike wrote:
Hi,

Thank you.
Thank you CR001

They sent me two emails to confirm a couple of things (both were in my application and my cover letter) and my solicitor responded on the same day.
I was just curious whether they asked things as they went along.
Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:39 pm

IcikePicike wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:25 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:20 pm
IcikePicike wrote:
Hi,

Thank you.
Thank you CR001

They sent me two emails to confirm a couple of things (both were in my application and my cover letter) and my solicitor responded on the same day.
I was just curious whether they asked things as they went along.
Thank you!
As I said, it is unusual for HO to ask for extra stuff. Usually only happens when there is something adverse in your history or a specified document is not valid or not submitted.

If you applied through a solicitor, is there something odd if your immigration history??

NCS at the council would have done exactly the same job as solicitor for a fraction of the cost.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:39 pm
As I said, it is unusual for HO to ask for extra stuff. Usually only happens when there is something adverse in your history or a specified document is not valid or not submitted.

If you applied through a solicitor, is there something odd if your immigration history??

NCS at the council would have done exactly the same job as solicitor for a fraction of the cost.
Not odd in a legal sense only that I am an EU passport holder but looking at naturalisation through the ILR process as I already lived in the UK when my country joined the EU.
I don't trust the NCS with something like that, even reasonably reputable solicitors struggled, gave me conflicting advice, etc.
The reason why HO asked me is that they destroyed my old ILR file as it was set up before files were digitalised. This is one reason I sought out a solicitor.

confused2017
Newly Registered

Post by confused2017 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi,

I saw today an April 2017 applicant receiving approval through email rather than a letter, is this common?

Thanks!