ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office makes thousands in profit on some Visa Applications

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Irfanlibra2017

Home Office makes thousands in profit on some Visa Applications

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:10 pm

The Home Office is making profits of up to 800% on immigration applications from families, many of whom are eligible to live in the UK but are turned down on technicalities and forced to reapply – and pay again.

Guardian analysis of Home Office figures on the fees for applications shows a vast discrepancy between how much it costs the government to process each immigration application and the fee it charges applicants.

For example, since April the fee to apply for indefinite leave to enter for a vulnerable adult dependent relative has been set at £3,250. Its costs the Home Office £423 to process the application.

Continue at the Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... are_btn_wa

nbhatt

Re: Home Office makes thousands in profit on some Visa Applications

Post by nbhatt » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:22 pm

Thanks for sharing this link. Yes its true Home office is making millions just out of immigration applications and the ration of rejection vs approval is 10:1 thereby leaving other 9 to reapply and pay the exuberant fees.

In addition to this I would also like to highlight that which UK local companies have invested 50 K or 200 K , employed 2 full time workers, pay miscellaneous charges like Immigration health surcharge, biometric fees keep applying for extension every 2 years go through immense mental stress keep waiting for the decision is it worth it?

We need to ask this question to ourselves really, is there a better country than our own, not sure why we all are so crazy to work in foreign countries a thought of the day!

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:29 pm

Each n every word of yours is true & yes thats the reality. None of their own people have to lay such hefty taxes and health surcharges with continuos pressure of being rejected/deported with any small mistake in the application.

They did the same thing with hundreds n thousands of hsmp and tier general applicants. However, in comparison if we look at australia & canada they are totally different and give PR status from day one but Uk want to keep grinding immigrants till the last drop of their blood or till the last penny in the immigrants pocket. On top of that they give no child benefits or any form of other benefits to the immigrants.

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Yes my initial application was rejected for no fault of mine , I had to hire a solicitor paid him high fees on top of the application fee, went through the torture of preparing and collating documents for the bundle, business went in loss and on the day of hearing Home office withdrew its initial decision and I got the visa.

This time I have decided and I mean it , if UKVI refuses my visa application due to any reason I will invite media and show them my original rejection bundle and how Home then withdrew its decision , the fees and stress I went through for no rhyme or reason. Home office needs to know its not OK AND ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

All I know is that all business are different how can HO expect all business to borne the same expense , employ full time workers pay such high fees and reapply in case of rejection due to minor or no mistakes.
I have mentioned in my cover letter that Home office is only interested in letters and formats and not at all being supportive of small business and investors or in genuineness of a business.
We cant accept any contracts through recruitment agency I mean seriously ? FPS format is not correct, payslips full name is missing hence visa gets rejected, are we supposed to concentrate on our business or worry about these petty formats? Right to appeal has also been removed you know why because Home office can never win against these Solicitors.When you hire a solicitor 99 % of cases are won by them because even solicitors strongly believe that the UKVI has been ridiculed in the past and that their approach is total incorrect.

As it is Pound's exchange value is going down day by day so really why we all are dying to get such visa. I'hv decided in case of my visa refusal I will take it to the media and show them the true picture.

Yasmin123

Post by Yasmin123 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:08 am

that's true. UKVI has made our lives miserable and I think it's the time that we all should stand against this mafia. Use media forum to raise our voice against their unjust. I have personally wrote so many columns in Urdu against UKVI treatment with immigrants. Especially in TOEIC cases their power and influence on judges were imminent. It took almost a year for judges to publish the decision they made against UKVI as Theresa May use full power and influence to make sure that judgement shouldn't publish at any cost otherwise it would open the floodgate for fifty thousand those students who got succumb because of this decision and they will start appealing against home office. But due to solicitors contently protesting they compelled to publish the decision after making series of amendment in original decision.