ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Spouse Permit Processing Time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

duegunn
Newly Registered
Norway

EEA Spouse Permit Processing Time

Post by duegunn » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:36 am

A warm good afternoon everyone! I am a Norwegian (EEA) PhD student married to a Jordanian. It took me a while, but in May I finally received my residence card as an EEA national. My wife has now applied back in Jordan for her own permit as my spouse. We have independent financial documents, as a student I am a qualified person (QP) and we have provided proof of private health insurance. Naturally, we also have proof of marriage (married for 3 years in Jordan).

My question is, what is the processing time. I'm under the impression that we fit the criteria of an EEA spouse permit, especially as I was given my EEA permit, which we have also submitted for my wife's application.

Any help is appreciated!

Best,

Nicolai

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: EEA Spouse Permit Processing Time

Post by dan1988uk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Processing times vary according to where a person is applying: for Amman, Jordan they process 33% of applications in 5 days, 83% in 10 days and 100% in 15 days. Pretty quick comparing with the world average.

duegunn
Newly Registered
Norway

Post by duegunn » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:48 pm

Thanks for that! Interesting as we submitted documents June 29th, which arrived in Sheffield July 3rd. We've waited around 2 months so far. I called UKVI and was told for the non-settlement permit we have applied for it can take up to 3 months.

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:28 pm

Have you received any "not straightforward"email?

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:19 pm

Check the 'EEA FP Sheffield' thread, there are many examples of timelines, some people have been waiting for 4 months. We received the EEA FP after just 2 months (published processing time on website was 15 days)
A lot of EEA family permits have been delayed unfortunately and the published processing times do not seem to mean very much at this point. Good luck, I hope you have news soon!

duegunn
Newly Registered
Norway

Post by duegunn » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:24 pm

dan1988uk wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:28 pm
Have you received any "not straightforward"email?
Yes we have. I'm guessing from another reply that the timeline can vary.

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:06 pm

What "residence card" did you get? PR o QP?

duegunn
Newly Registered
Norway

Post by duegunn » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:49 pm

We applied for the QP residence card (looks like a blue booklet).