ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport for UK Born child where Parent got ILR recently

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sams4u29
India

Passport for UK Born child where Parent got ILR recently

Post by sams4u29 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:34 am

Hi All,

I heard that if a Parent is on ILR & if the baby was born in UK, the Baby gets the British Passport directly.

I want to apply first passport for the UK born child(3 months ago) & My condition is I have got ILR few days ago.

Please note that the Baby was born before I received my ILR so, do I need to register the birth of the baby(I have got the Birth Certificate for the baby) or can I apply for the passport directly through the post office?

Please point me to the right direction if I have missed a post for my situation in the forum.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Passport for UK Born child where Parent got ILR recently

Post by iworker » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:35 am

your son is not british.
You need to register him as british under MN1 registration and once that is complete, u can apply for his passport.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:54 am

See also Citizenship FAQs - Children (click)

If you apply through NCS at the council, you can apply for citizenship and passport together using the JCAP scheme.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sams4u29
India

Post by sams4u29 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:26 am

Thanks CR001 &iworker for the information provided.

Can someone please explain what is NCS and JCAP Scheme?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:06 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sams4u29
India

Post by sams4u29 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:37 pm

Thanks for the links Vinny

Please correct me if I am wrong if the child is born in UK and parents in a different country & if the child is trying to apply for British Passport(where Parent got ILR after child's birth)
I just need to fill MN1 form for Child NCS/JCAP are not applicable to child's Passport.

JCAP/NCS is for people who are not born in UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:31 pm

sams4u29 wrote:Thanks for the links Vinny

Please correct me if I am wrong if the child is born in UK and parents in a different country & if the child is trying to apply for British Passport(where Parent got ILR after child's birth)
I just need to fill MN1 form for Child NCS/JCAP are not applicable to child's Passport.

JCAP/NCS is for people who are not born in UK?
Anyone, adult or child born in the UK or born abroad can apply using NCS and JCAP scheme. You can use NCS for submitting completed MN1 form and the completed passport form you get at the Post Office.

Have you clicked on vinny's links he provided explaining each term used?
vinny wrote:NCS.
JCAP.
MN1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sams4u29
India

Post by sams4u29 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:36 am

HI CR001,

Thanks for the reply earlier,

If I apply MN1 through Postal (not through NCS)& submit all my documents(Passports, BRP cards) when do the Home office return my documents back?
DO the Home office return (my passport, BRP) after the MN1 registration of the childs application is successful or with in few days after I send my documents?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:40 am

If I apply MN1 through Postal (not through NCS)& submit all my documents(Passports, BRP cards) when do the Home office return my documents back?
You only get them back shortly before or shortly after the letter of approval. I would strongly suggest applying through NCS as you get to keep all your original documents. You can apply apply for citizenship and passport at the same time, which is not possible if you apply by post yourself.
DO the Home office return (my passport, BRP) after the MN1 registration of the childs application is successful or with in few days after I send my documents?
After the application is successful. So if it takes 6 months, you won't have your passport and BRP for 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sams4u29
India

Post by sams4u29 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:23 am

Thanks for the quick reply,

Another question:

If I apply Child's MN1 Naturalisation & Passport through NCS& JCAP
Will I receive the child's registration certificate & Passport at the same time or will there be a gap between both of these application outcomes.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:33 am

You get the registration certificate and the British passport usually within a week of each other. Members have posted that passport came first about a week before certificate and vice versa.

Certificate issued by HO in Liverpool.

Passport processed and issued by HMPO (different department).
Char (CR001 not Casa)