ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa application delay experiences

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

christinar1087
Newly Registered

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by christinar1087 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:43 pm

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:48 pm

christinar1087 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:43 pm
complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
No exact format.. Mention your situation and the dates you contacted UKVI.

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:55 pm

anyone who received the cas status as 'used' and got decisions?

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:33 pm

j_sheng45 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:55 pm
i dont know , I never heard that particular thing in any group before,
this guy @lavey said his cas is used..first time in this group ... so everyone checked with their univ...most of them getting reply positive....lets stay positive

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:44 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:33 pm
j_sheng45 wrote:
this guy @lavey said his cas is used..first time in this group ... so everyone checked with their univ...most of them getting reply positive....lets stay positive
hope this good lad @lavey can give us an update as well. definitely some good progress!

lavey

Post by lavey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:23 pm

j_sheng45 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:44 pm
aerobalag wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:
hope this good lad @lavey can give us an update as well. definitely some good progress!
I got mail from uni stating that my CAS has been used and shortly UKVI will update me but latter I have called UKVI helpline and still it is awaiting for decision.

Gelarehk
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Gelarehk » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:38 pm

lavey wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:23 pm
j_sheng45 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:
I got mail from uni stating that my CAS has been used and shortly UKVI will update me but latter I have called UKVI helpline and still it is awaiting for decision.
When was your cas used?

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:39 pm

lavey wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:23 pm
j_sheng45 wrote:
aerobalag wrote:
j_sheng45 wrote:
mine was issued yesterday. i called today and it was in process. well still some decent progress i must say

lavey

Post by lavey » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:48 pm

They have not mentioned any date.Below is the mail which I got from uni.

Hello *****

We have noticed that your CAS has changed from ASSIGNED to USED this means the caseworker has processed your application. THE UKVI will be contacting you soon.

PLEASE DO NOT BOOK ANY FLIGHTS UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED THE OUTCOME OF YOUR APPLICATION.

Please Note: We do not have details of what the decision is.

Kind Regards

Amei
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amei » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi guys
I've been following particular topic since yesterday. It felt frustrating while reading others situation.

Applied for Tier4 Visa on 1st August at Lahore,VAC. Got a confirmation email of receiveing online application on 8th of the following. Then on 18th, writing we could not able to process your application in certain timeframe.

Last week received a call from VAC asking me to bring all supporting documents again for rescanning Cuz UKVIC got issue from their side thus they have not received any supporting document.

I emailed my university to check wheather my CAS is still assigned or Been used. Reply was frustrating as my CAS has not been used yet.

My course start date is 25th of September. Only 13 working days are left in it.
So frustrated :(

Bolivar

Post by Bolivar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:49 pm

I applied on 14th of July - BIOMETRIC and scanning documents - still waiting for decision from Istanbul-Turkey?

How is imposibble?

I have USA Visa until 2022.

Last year i've been in the UK as I have current STS Visa until October for UK.

I have a flat in UK.

I went lot of countries in the Europe never refused VISA.

Why i have to wait for 60 days? I shown more money than they want.

So why i am waiting?- What's that.??? Does anyone give me any reason for that? I called UK-VI and told smt to them like nervous and agressive but they dont care just i spend my money they're like unprofessional little guys.

So dont worry.

I am so regretful that's why i did not choose USA!!!

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:27 pm

Amei wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:21 pm
Hi guys
I've been following particular topic since yesterday. It felt frustrating while reading others situation.

Applied for Tier4 Visa on 1st August at Lahore,VAC. Got a confirmation email of receiveing online application on 8th of the following. Then on 18th, writing we could not able to process your application in certain timeframe.

Last week received a call from VAC asking me to bring all supporting documents again for rescanning Cuz UKVIC got issue from their side thus they have not received any supporting document.

I emailed my university to check wheather my CAS is still assigned or Been used. Reply was frustrating as my CAS has not been used yet.

Bro contact your uni visa department for help. They will give you the relevant advise. In the meantime just follow what ukvi say and scan your docs as soon as possible!

Amei
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amei » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:01 pm

Thanks for suggestion.

I did manage to rescanned all documents very next day to VAC.
The following email received from university today.

Your Cas has not been used, there is a backlog with applications at this point the only I can recommend is to wait for their response.

Just hoping to get good news by next week.

khozam

Post by khozam » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:15 pm

Amei wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:21 pm
Hi guys

My case is almost same like yours. I applied at 4th Aug from Lahore and received email of assigning case to ECO on 13th. Then on 18th I received an email to email them a scanned copy of my TB-Test that was sent on the same day.

There is no further news afterwards and my course will also start on 25th. I think we all feel like hanging in the air as lots of pre-departure tasks are still pending due to the unknown status of visa.

Well we all should hope for the best but UKVI is performing worst - even worst than an under developed state office.

Deyjavu
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Deyjavu » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:52 am

KuldeepKB wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:39 am
Deyjavu wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:26 am
Yes guys
Just to update you.. I phoned up today and was told that my application has been decided since the 31st of August and the decision will be with me in 10days. Hopefully before then because I paid for pirority service. My university resumes on the 15th of this month. So hopefully so many applications will be decided before resumption for people a waiting

Feeling even more nervous now about everything.

Who else is going to BPP
Hey I am also going to bpp uni waterloo campus , which course you have choosen?
Manchester campus
Msc Accounting and Finance

Archeer
Newly Registered

Post by Archeer » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:47 am

Hey everybody,

Can anyone of you who called UKVI tell me how much time it takes until they give you your application status on the phone? I am planing to call them today, and I need to charge my phone with a sufficient credit amount.

Many thanks.

princeyumair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by princeyumair » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:34 am

Hey dont recharge your phone, they ask for credit card I made same mistake and had to pay double then lol :D so just have standard balance but UKVI charge through credit card.

Archeer
Newly Registered

Post by Archeer » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:05 am

princeyumair wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:34 am
Hey dont recharge your phone, they ask for credit card I made same mistake and had to pay double then lol :D so just have standard balance but UKVI charge through credit card.
wt*!! I cancelled my credit card 1 week ago, and I have no access to any other credit card right now. So now I can't even call them. Great!!

BalaK
Newly Registered
India

Post by BalaK » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:37 am

My classes start on 13th September. I called them up yesterday to know my visa status - they said still it is in process. Also they asked me to request the university to keep the registration open. Even after pressing a lot they were not able to give a clear picture on my visa application. Completely frustrating. Biometrics on July 17th and assigned to an ECO on July 26th. 37 working days over already - running into the 8th week.

I don't know what they are up to!

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:04 am

BalaK wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:37 am
My classes start on 13th September. I called them up yesterday to know my visa status - they said still it is in process. Also they asked me to request the university to keep the registration open. Even after pressing a lot they were not able to give a clear picture on my visa application. Completely frustrating. Biometrics on July 17th and assigned to an ECO on July 26th. 37 working days over already - running into the 8th week.

ask ur university whether they used ur cas or not? if they said yes,it gives u little mre comfort ,
I applied on july12th still waiting and a friend of mine ,his course starts 13th and he's also waiting .
lets hope for the best bro

BalaK
Newly Registered
India

Post by BalaK » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:09 am

aerobalag wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:04 am
BalaK wrote:

ask ur university whether they used ur cas or not? if they said yes,it gives u little mre comfort ,
I applied on july12th still waiting and a friend of mine ,his course starts 13th and he's also waiting .
Yes sure. I will do that. Was you CAS letter used by them?

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:28 am

BalaK wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:09 am
aerobalag wrote:
BalaK wrote:

yesterday I called them and they said my cas was used two days back...

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:47 am

aerobalag wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:28 am
BalaK wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:09 am
aerobalag wrote:
BalaK wrote:

yesterday I called them and they said my cas was used two days back...
Likewise for me! Will update this group accordingly!

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:54 am

people from hongkong are lucky, atleast they are getting support from their embassy for delay and hotline numbers to call . :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

BalaK
Newly Registered
India

Post by BalaK » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:06 am

aerobalag wrote:
BalaK wrote:

I have requested the University to check my CAS status. They are working on it. Thanks a lot for your valuable idea guys :)