ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse D type visa (join Irish Citizen)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bahrawy
Newly Registered
Egypt

Spouse D type visa (join Irish Citizen)

Post by Bahrawy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am an Egyptian citizen who got married to my wife who is an Irish citizen here in Egypt a year ago and we are currently living here in Egypt for the past year and a half , i applied for the Spouse D type visa (join Irish Citizen) and i got a call today from the Irish immigration officer stating that i didn't supply enough evidence for our relationship even though i did supply them with the marriage certificate translated to English and also i did supply them with her permanent residency here in Egypt.
The officer said he can grant me C visa type to go to Ireland as we have a wedding to attend there but i have to return back to Egypt and apply for the D type visa again here.

Does anyone know if i can change my status there in Ireland if i entered the country on C visa Type Touristic / visit family ?

Also does anyone in the same situation like me who can help giving any advice on what to do as i feel lost and they dont provide much help in letting you know what documents you should supply with your application to get approved.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me in this.

Cheers

Bahrawy
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: Spouse D type visa (join Irish Citizen)

Post by Bahrawy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:51 am

Just checking if anyone have any input in this thread.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:17 pm

I'm not expert on Irish local immigration law (despite the fact I live in Ireland) but a quick browse of the INIS website reveals;

1. Can't switch from Type-C tourist visa

2. Irish Sponsor needs to have earned over 40k Euro for last three years and not been dependent on benefits over the last two.

Suggest you read the INIS website and fill in the gaps....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Bahrawy
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Bahrawy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:40 pm

Thanks for the heads up , i already looked over this but as i mentioned my wife is not living in Ireland and she has been living here in Egypt with me for the past year and a half. My question is , is it possible to provide a joint bank account here in Egypt for both of us as she is living abroad or is it a must to provide a P 60 and an Irish bank statement for her ?