ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa application delay experiences

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by aerobalag » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:44 am

any updates guys?

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:57 am

Got this reply today for my enquiry email sent on 18th August:

In regards to your query about the status of your application, your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
Your case has been escalated to the relevant department. This means that all actions from our side have been completed and your case has been forwarded.
You will be contacted by the main office of UKVI shortly.

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the
requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you
need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers, which means they must meet certain standards.

Kind regards,
Arina
UK Visa and Immigration

UKVI Contact Centre

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:05 am

Sam1990 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:57 am

In regards to your query about the status of your application, your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.
Your case has been escalated to the relevant department. This means that all actions from our side have been completed and your case has been forwarded.

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the
requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you
need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters, including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers, which means they must meet certain standards.

Kind regards,
Arina
UK Visa and Immigration

UKVI Contact Centre
Why do I get the feeling that they are trying to pass the blame on to us? Those last two paragraphs were totally unnecessary.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:08 am

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:05 am
Sam1990 wrote:

Kind regards,
Arina
UK Visa and Immigration

UKVI Contact Centre
Why do I get the feeling that they are trying to pass the blame on to us? Those last two paragraphs were totally unnecessary.
It is a standard automated template response!! Many applicants across many visa categories get the same response!! :idea: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:12 am

I requested them to escalate my case on 18th August and they escalated it only today. I was thinking of asking them to re-escalate on coming friday after passing the 15 working days of initial escalation but now it seems its still a long way to go to get a decision from the UKVI.

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:15 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:08 am
Mugatiya26 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:05 am
Sam1990 wrote:

Kind regards,
Arina
UK Visa and Immigration

UKVI Contact Centre
It is a standard automated template response!! Many applicants across many visa categories get the same response!! :idea: :idea:
oh, ok. Thanks.

Amei
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amei » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:24 am

khozam wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:15 pm
Amei wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:21 pm
Hi guys
I've been following particular topic since yesterday. It felt frustrating while reading others situation.

Applied for Tier4 Visa on 1st August at Lahore,VAC. Got a confirmation email of receiveing online application on 8th of the following. Then on 18th, writing we could not able to process your application in certain timeframe.

Last week received a call from VAC asking me to bring all supporting documents again for rescanning Cuz UKVIC got issue from their side thus they have not received any supporting document.

I emailed my university to check wheather my CAS is still assigned or Been used. Reply was frustrating as my CAS has not been used yet.

My course start date is 25th of September. Only 13 working days are left in it.
So frustrated :(
My case is almost same like yours. I applied at 4th Aug from Lahore and received email of assigning case to ECO on 13th. Then on 18th I received an email to email them a scanned copy of my TB-Test that was sent on the same day.

There is no further news afterwards and my course will also start on 25th. I think we all feel like hanging in the air as lots of pre-departure tasks are still pending due to the unknown status of visa.

Well we all should hope for the best but UKVI is performing worst - even worst than an under developed state office.
What's ur uni? Do ask univ to check wheather your CAS is still assigned or been used.

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:30 am

@muti @lavey

i just called the ukvi international hotline, they said a decision has been made! sounds like pretty good news to me! my cas number was "used" on monday.

bros, i suggest both of you give them call, it is expensive but it seems like the visa office has stop sending out decision emails...

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:33 am

j_sheng45 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:30 am
@muti @lavey

i just called the ukvi international hotline, they said a decision has been made! sounds like pretty good news to me! my cas number was "used" on monday.

bros, i suggest both of you give them call, it is expensive but it seems like the visa office has stop sending out decision emails...
congrats bro,
did u call them yesterday?

helleravinas
Newly Registered

Post by helleravinas » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:35 am

Guys I applied on July 19th nd today I got this email saying case is not straightforward. I m worried now my class start date is September 15. Any suggestion?

Dear AVINASH SHAH,

Regarding Visa Application: GWF044971356
For: AVINASH SHAH

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:36 am

aerobalag wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:33 am
j_sheng45 wrote:
@muti @lavey

congrats bro,
did u call them yesterday?
thanks buddy. i called them last friday, yesterday and today! today's response was the shortest, the lady just asked for my name and my visa and she said a decision has been made. She said nothing else tho haha.

to the rest of the members, i suggest 2 things:
CONTACT YOUR UNI. your uni has direct access to ukvi and can provide you w advise. Also, they can CHECK YOUR CAS NUMBER which is another good progress indicator. A status of "used" means your app is processed and made ready for the ECO.

I will continue posting updates for my app!

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:37 am

congrats on getting your visa...my cas was used 3 days back ...hopefully I should get my decision soon
Last edited by aerobalag on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:40 am

aerobalag wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:37 am
j_sheng45 wrote:
@muti @lavey

Yes guys Just to update you.. I phoned up today and was told that my application has been decided since the 31st of August and the decision will be with me in 10days. Hopefully before then because I paid for pirority service. My university resumes on the 15th of this month. So hopefully so many app...

you wrote this??????? long time ago...@j)sheng

nope not this bro! im quite new to this forum, just joined! my timeline is 16th aug bio/scanned. 17th eco email.

Amei
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amei » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:51 am

Hello guys
Following my timeline for Tier 4 visa
1st August / biometric & scanning
8th August / Eco email
18th August / couldn't able to respond in 15 working days
26th August / call from VAC asking for rescanning all supporting documents
27th August / Rescanning
5th Sep / request uni to check if CAS has been used or not
Reply was not been used yet

Today received an email from university.

Dear Student,

I received an email from the Home Office and your case was passed to the Entry Clearance Officer, you should get a decision soon.

The meaning of using CAS by entry clearance officer is that your CAS was passed for decision. As soon as it shows that the CAS has been used, it means a decision has been made.

Can anyone suggest how long it will take now to receive a decision from ECO.

Gelarehk
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Gelarehk » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:51 am

My CAS was used on 27th August.... Any idea on the date of decision????

j_sheng45
Singapore

Post by j_sheng45 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:53 am

thanks to all. hopefully the visa decision is positive.

@amei my cas was used on monday! I called the hotline and was a told a decision is made already today. Means its prob happening really soon for you as well!

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:53 am

Amei wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:51 am
Hello guys
Following my timeline for Tier 4 visa
1st August / biometric & scanning
8th August / Eco email
18th August / couldn't able to respond in 15 working days
26th August / call from VAC asking for rescanning all supporting documents
27th August / Rescanning
5th Sep / request uni to check if CAS has been used or not
Reply was not been used yet

Today received an email from university.

Dear Student,

I received an email from the Home Office and your case was passed to the Entry Clearance Officer, you should get a decision soon.

The meaning of using CAS by entry clearance officer is that your CAS was passed for decision. As soon as it shows that the CAS has been used, it means a decision has been made.

Can anyone suggest how long it will take now to receive a decision from ECO.
my cas was used three days back...when I called UKVI yesterday,they said awaiting decision
I don't understand

mestranger
Newly Registered
India

Post by mestranger » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:54 am

Exactly are they waiting for some good timing to release decision if CAS is used? This is extremely frustrating!!!

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:58 am

mestranger wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:54 am
Exactly are they waiting for some good timing to release decision if CAS is used? This is extremely frustrating!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know wt to do..no idea..still waiting

mestranger
Newly Registered
India

Post by mestranger » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:02 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:58 am
mestranger wrote:
Bros!! I cant tell you how insane I am becoming with every passing hour

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:05 pm

mestranger wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:02 pm
aerobalag wrote:
mestranger wrote:
I think I'm gonna gt admittd in mental hospital :cry:

lavey

Post by lavey » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:09 pm

j_sheng45 wrote:
@muti @lavey

Congrats,Happy for you and all the best.

mestranger
Newly Registered
India

Post by mestranger » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:12 pm

aerobalag wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:05 pm
mestranger wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:02 pm
aerobalag wrote:
mestranger wrote:
I think I'm gonna gt admittd in mental hospital :cry:
Which city did you apply from?

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:16 pm

mestranger wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:12 pm