ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa application delay experiences

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

j_sheng45
Singapore

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by j_sheng45 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:46 pm

nadiaslsbl wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:38 pm
so i've applied for my visa on 27th of July. My friend applied on 31st of July. BUT HE GOT HIS VISA FIRST?? why? soooooo unfair.
Contact your uni asap and ask them for advise

danielloso19
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by danielloso19 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:36 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:21 pm
So Im the longest pending applicant now having had the interview + biometrics taken on the 13th July? :cry:
applied on the 13th july too from Nigeria, escalated 2 times, uni resuming on the 18th sept, havent heard anything yet, i have cried all my tears.. still hoping and beliving

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:20 am

mestranger wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:03 pm
Is there a problem if funds arent converted to GBP? or a copy of documents are scanned?
I didnt send the conversion either. I thought rhey were going to use oanda.com to check that.

helleravinas
Newly Registered

Post by helleravinas » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:27 am

Even I didn't converted fund in GBP.
I applied on July 19 and application was received on 30th July after such a long wait yesterday I got email saying my case is not straightforward.this is really frustrating my course will start in Sept 15.

Alishba555
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alishba555 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:51 am

helleravinas wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:27 am
I applied on July 19 and application was received on 30th July after such a long wait yesterday I got email saying my case is not straightforward.this is really frustrating my course will start in Sept 15.
I applied on 17 July
Classes on 13 September
Still waiting for decision

helleravinas
Newly Registered

Post by helleravinas » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:40 am

Alishba555 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:51 am
helleravinas wrote:
I applied on 17 July
Classes on 13 September
oh did u contact ur university ?...we are on same boat ....hope for best u have just 5 days left for classes that's too frustrating

BalaK
Newly Registered
India

Post by BalaK » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:34 am

Alishba555 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:51 am
helleravinas wrote:
I applied on 17 July
Classes on 13 September
Same timeline bro. Waiting for the decision. It is a terrible and painful experience. As someone suggested, I found my CAS is been used. This news just eased off mytension.

Psgreasc
Newly Registered
Cambodia

Post by Psgreasc » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:40 am

Hello everyone

I've been a quiet reader all these time that I was waiting for my visa to be issued. I received my visa and collected my passport today finally. And just want to share some of my experiences that may or may not help those who are still waiting.

This may seem unfair to many but here's my experience/timeline:

I had bio/scanned on the 14th aug in Cambodia.
I received the message that the application was forwarded to ukvi on the 14th aug.
I didn't receive any news or update so I decided to seek help from my university on the 5th sept via email and call.

The guy who replied to my email (on the 6th sept) said that he tracked for me and that my cas was still at "assigned" stage. Which means it hasn't been decided.

A few hours later, the guy who replied to my call (on the 6th sept) said me that their account manager had contacted the officers for me. He confirmed that my visa was approved and I should expect calls from them the next few days.

Today (7th sept) I received a text message saying that my passport is ready for collection.

I didn't receive any email/message from ukvi in between the day I submit till the day I received my passport.

Maybe try to get the school to call the ukvi instead of asking them to check for your cas status?
I hope this somehow brings some hope to those who are still waiting! All the best of luck!

BalaK
Newly Registered
India

Post by BalaK » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:44 am

Psgreasc wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:40 am
Hello everyone

I've been a quiet reader all these time that I was waiting for my visa to be issued. I received my visa and collected my passport today finally. And just want to share some of my experiences that may or may not help those who are still waiting.

This may seem unfair to many but here's my experience/timeline:

I had bio/scanned on the 14th aug in Cambodia.
I received the message that the application was forwarded to ukvi on the 14th aug.
I didn't receive any news or update so I decided to seek help from my university on the 5th sept via email and call.

The guy who replied to my email (on the 6th sept) said that he tracked for me and that my cas was still at "assigned" stage. Which means it hasn't been decided.

A few hours later, the guy who replied to my call (on the 6th sept) said me that their account manager had contacted the officers for me. He confirmed that my visa was approved and I should expect calls from them the next few days.

Today (7th sept) I received a text message saying that my passport is ready for collection.

I didn't receive any email/message from ukvi in between the day I submit till the day I received my passport.

Maybe try to get the school to call the ukvi instead of asking them to check for your cas status?
I hope this somehow brings some hope to those who are still waiting! All the best of luck!
Sure! Will ask them to do it. Thanks for your information.

aerobalag
- thin ice -
Mood:
India

Post by aerobalag » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:23 am

hello guys,
just to update
got my visa today morning ,,,finally :D :D :lol:
@lavey @mugatiya you guys will get visa soon...
best of luck

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:26 am

aerobalag wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:23 am
hello guys,
just to update
best of luck
Congrats aero.. You must be so relieved..

And thanks.. Hopefully, soon..

lavey

Post by lavey » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:28 am

aerobalag wrote:
hello guys,
just to update
best of luck
Congrats Machi. Happy For you.

NgocNguyen
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by NgocNguyen » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:39 am

Hi guys,

I've been a silent reader lurking this topic for the past few weeks. Here's my experience: I applied from Vietnam on July 24th, received 2 e-mails saying that my application was received and the process of my application could not be straight-forward. After that, since August 10th, it's deadly silence. No second interview, nothing. I kept waiting until August 24th to ask for help from my university (2 times), and how great, they kept saying it was a "global problem" and "totally not unusual".

In the last e-mail that I asked them whether if my CAS had been used or not, they simply replied it was not been used, and let them know again if I haven't received the outcome by next week. :lol: I just can't help but wonder why they have to wait until next week to talk to UKVI to escalate my application.

With my course starts on September 25th and I'm due to fly on September 18th to join the induction week, I'm certain that I'm going to miss lots of things. :? It's such a horribly frustrating experience that for a second I even considered withdrawing to apply for another university next January.

By the way, does anyone know how many days after your CAS was used you'll receive an e-mail to collect passports? Thank you guys and hoping all of us here will receive good news in a couple of days.

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:52 am

I too have gotten a similar response from mine. I think its a result of many people at our universities being affected by the delays in comparative terms. Im also regretting applying to the uk, because we dont deserve this kinda treatment. Good luck and fingers crossed!

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:04 am

aerobalag wrote:
hello guys,
just to update
best of luck
congrats aero...Did you check the tracker is it workong?

ceegie
Newly Registered
India

Post by ceegie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 am

Congratulations to all those who received their visas recently :)

I had my documents scanned and biometrics given at VFS Kolkata on 25th July..(non priority)
Escalated twice via email. Don't know when its going to come.. orientation week starts 13th Sep... :|

mahbolla
Newly Registered

Post by mahbolla » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:08 am

My university has informed me that my CAS was used on Sept 1st. Hopefully, I would receive my visa with in a week. fingers crossed.

its_over
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by its_over » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:30 am

Hi Everyone,

I am monitoring this thread for a while now. Here is my status.

6th of July: Biometric appointment from Cairo, Egypt.
14th of July: ECO assigned email from visainfo.shefo
1st of August: Not straight forward email from visainfo.shefo
31st of August: tweeted at the embassy in Egypt that my app has been outstanding for 8 week.
5th of september: They acknowledged my tweet and asked for my application details.
6th of September: contacted by the university to tell a decision has been made on the 5th of September.
7th of September: Embassy confirmed a decision has been made - No date specified.

I am now waiting for notification for collection. Worthy of mentioning, TLS application tracking still says awaiting decision, and UKVI contact center until 6th of September 12 midnight BST said awaiting decision. Had somebody collected his passport after being notified of decision while these two tracking systems said awaiting decisions?

My advice to everybody is to contact your University & to contact your embassy.

For Egyptians: tweet at UK in Egypt, they should help you.

Cheers,
Ahmed

CloudyNow
Turkey

Post by CloudyNow » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:43 am

I am going to apply for a visa this Saturday (couldn't before due to the 28-day rule) on the Priority Track. My visa counsellor told me that although the advertised waiting period for a priority application is 5 working days, they take 15 working days nowadays. Is that count from the day I send my online application, or the day of my appointment?

OlgaCC2
Newly Registered
China

Post by OlgaCC2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:48 am

CloudyNow wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:43 am
I am going to apply for a visa this Saturday (couldn't before due to the 28-day rule) on the Priority Track. My visa counsellor told me that although the advertised waiting period for a priority application is 5 working days, they take 15 working days nowadays. Is that count from the day I send my online application, or the day of my appointment?
It is from the appointment day, according to what UKVI told me when I called them.

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:50 am

aerobalag wrote:
hello guys,
just to update
best of luck
Congrats @aerobalag.
Next one receiving the decision should be you @mugatiya.

CloudyNow
Turkey

Post by CloudyNow » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:50 am

OlgaCC2 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:48 am
CloudyNow wrote:
It is from the appointment day, according to what UKVI told me when I called them.
Thank you for your reply! Not really what I wanted to hear but I guess it's good to be prepared for the worst. Did you use the priority service as well?

OlgaCC2
Newly Registered
China

Post by OlgaCC2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:01 am

CloudyNow wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:50 am
OlgaCC2 wrote:
CloudyNow wrote:
Thank you for your reply! Not really what I wanted to hear but I guess it's good to be prepared for the worst. Did you use the priority service as well?
Yes, I used Priority and had my Biometrics on 18th August, today is the 15th day... So I am waiting for any information :(

OlgaCC2
Newly Registered
China

Post by OlgaCC2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:01 am

CloudyNow wrote:
OlgaCC2 wrote:
CloudyNow wrote:
Yes, I used Priority and had my Biometrics on 18th August, today is the 15th day... So I am waiting for any information :(

CloudyNow
Turkey

Post by CloudyNow » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:05 am

OlgaCC2 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:01 am
CloudyNow wrote:
OlgaCC2 wrote:
CloudyNow wrote:
Damn... I hope it all goes well for you! My uni's latest enrollment date is 6 October and I'm really afraid of missing that deadline :cry: