ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please need advise regarding SAR (Subject Access Request)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Please need advise regarding SAR (Subject Access Request)

Post by fatimahh » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:59 pm

I would appreciate if those who applied for a SAR could help me out.

what do they mean by photo identification, is it passport? if passport is it compulsory to have it certified?

thank you in advance for your assistance.
GOD BLESS!!!

allain

Re: Please need advise regarding SAR (Subject Access Request)

Post by allain » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:40 pm

fatimahh wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:59 pm

what do they mean by photo identification, is it passport? if passport is it compulsory to have it certified?

You take your passport or driving license to any cheap solicitor, ask them to verify this they will put their stamp and verify the ID. Remember you will need that text something like this "i certify that this is true likeness of the ID ......." or take last two papers with you to solicitors, they charged me £5 for one copy but some of them were charging £10.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:49 am

allain wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:40 pm
fatimahh wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:59 pm

You take your passport or driving license to any cheap solicitor, ask them to verify this they will put their stamp and verify the ID. Remember you will need that text something like this "i certify that this is true likeness of the ID ......." or take last two papers with you to solicitors, they charged me £5 for one copy but some of them were charging £10.
Thank you Allain , well noted.
GOD BLESS!!!

Doublestarxx
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Doublestarxx » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:15 am

if it helps, when I did mine I sent just photocopy of my drivers licence and proof of address. Didn't need to certify any copies.
I guess they just want to see an id with your face so they can verify with pic they have on file.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:00 pm

Doublestarxx wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:15 am
if it helps, when I did mine I sent just photocopy of my drivers licence and proof of address. Didn't need to certify any copies.
I guess they just want to see an id with your face so they can verify with pic they have on file.
Thank you Doublestar for sharing your experience, this help a lot, as i just want to know the date i acquire Pr so was founding a little bit annoying to have to search for cheap solicitor :D
GOD BLESS!!!

Doublestarxx
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Doublestarxx » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:20 pm

hi Fatimahh,

I guess you will need the certified copy of ID cos mine was based on my request from almost 2 years. I can see on the new form they use now that it requires it to be certified.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:33 pm

Doublestarxx wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:20 pm
hi Fatimahh,

I guess you will need the certified copy of ID cos mine was based on my request from almost 2 years. I can see on the new form they use now that it requires it to be certified.
Oh i see, what a pain :roll: :D

thank you
GOD BLESS!!!

Doublestarxx
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Doublestarxx » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:37 pm

Alternatively you can use the fast track SAR. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

on the form there is no mention of certified copy. it all depends on the information you are seeking. from what you mentioned I believe you can get it from the fast track SAR.

allain

Post by allain » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:41 pm

fatimahh wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:00 pm
Doublestarxx wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:15 am
Thank you Doublestar for sharing your experience, this help a lot, as i just want to know the date i acquire Pr so was founding a little bit annoying to have to search for cheap solicitor :D

Fatima use google maps, just put solicitors and a long list will come then start calling them asking for prices.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:17 am

[quote=allain post_id=1531923 time=1504824091 user_id=53656]
[quote=fatimahh post_id=1531568 time=1504785641 user_id=87560]
[quote=Doublestarxx post_id=1531537 time=1504782947 user_id=94148]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Fatima use google maps, just put solicitors and a long list will come then start calling them asking for prices.
[/quote]

Thank you Allain will do.
GOD BLESS!!!

007RAHEEL
United Kingdom

Post by 007RAHEEL » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:40 pm

If you do fast track you don't need certified copy only your id copy is enough plus it's free no charge you will get your details by email in 20 days if you want application copies etc then you need to pay £10 plus certified id copy from any solicitor

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:58 pm

[quote=007RAHEEL post_id=1534143 time=1505256034 user_id=175827]
If you do fast track you don't need certified copy only your id copy is enough plus it's free no charge you will get your details by email in 20 days if you want application copies etc then you need to pay £10 plus certified id copy from any solicitor
[/quote]

Ok thank you! I will look for the fast track form.
GOD BLESS!!!

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:41 am

Just a quick update to advise that i have requested a fast track SAR (free and no need to certify ID) and received it today. it took 12 days. I do not have any criminal record so though it was the best way :wink: lol.
I am glad i did it as the date of PR is much more earlier than i thought, wish i have knew about it before applying for ROR as i was already eligible for PR according to HO.

Also bless the SAR as he really give you a clear view of what they are discussing while dealing with your case. And at the light of the discussion recorded between the case worker and the supervisor regarding granted me ROR, i am definitely more than glad i was invited for Interview and given the chance to clear the suspicious the case worker had regarding my case.

I cannot thanks enough this forum for all the help and advise and support. God bless you all. :wink:
GOD BLESS!!!