ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO will visit office and take Interview at office

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Momi

Re: HO will visit office and take Interview at office

Post by Momi » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:21 am

@NButt when did you apply?

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:23 am

NButt wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:18 am
Hi minnzzy
Could you please share your link regarding the interview questions.
Thanks

THIS IS Her link

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ext ... 87-20.html

NButt
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by NButt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:25 am

I applied in the end of February.

NButt
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by NButt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:27 am

heyaheya wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:23 am
NButt wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:18 am
Hi minnzzy
Could you please share your link regarding the interview questions.
Thanks

THIS IS Her link

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ext ... 87-20.html
Thank you very much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:28 am

Can members be respectful to the OP of this topic and not turn it into a general discussion and chit chat thread asking low level questions such as 'when did you apply' etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amz

Post by Amz » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:20 pm

Hi

I applied end of March and received Complex letter issue on 12th May 2017 (on a 50K extension route). UKVI tracking still says awaiting decision, last updated 26th April 2017. I haven't received any correspondence from HO after 12th May 2017. Do you think i will be getting a call for interview in which case i have a question to ask.

To cut down my losses, i temporarily had to give up my office space as since we are service providing IT consultancy firm, we either work from home or client's premises. My business address is the same as my accountant's address and that is also where we set-up our client's meetings for the time being. I was hoping to get new office space after approval of my visa since i did not want to change my business address while my application is under consideration with HO.

What i wanted to know was if these HO visits are un-announced or would they contact me before setting up any interview, although my case was pretty much straightforward and i am not sure why a complex case letter was issued. Once of my friends had more complex things in his application and he got approval in pretty much 2 months.

Regards

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Minnzzy wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:57 am
skconsultant wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:19 pm
Dear Zimba and other senior members,

I got an email from HO that they will be visiting my office and take interview there. I just want to know the datils of how it could be? What might they seek for? What question may arise?

My business is management consultancy firm. Applied for extension in April, 50K share capital.
Has anyone experienced about this visiting office by HO and interviewing there?

Please let me know what preparations I should take.

Thank you.

Jonathan
Please read my posts where i have posted almost all the questions they asked me on 1st sep. I had also got an email on 30 Aug for the interview on 1st Sep. Be prepared with the docs submitted and the current docs with RTi submissions. This is a new process.

All the best.

Thanks
Minnzzy
Hi,
Would you be kind enough to share email address of HO, they send email from As I need to make sure I won't miss their email by adding it to safe sender list , otherwise I could go to junk mail , so please share it
Atif

naga1985
Newly Registered

Post by naga1985 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:22 pm

could you please share details of your application timeline, and what documents you have provided with your application. I don't have authorisation to view your posts. Could you please share this info
Thanks

addmein
inactive

Post by addmein » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:26 pm

skconsultant wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:18 pm
Ya, I will update my experience.

But I am also waiting for other members to share their experience. Senior members are requested to share their knowledge.

I dont know what happened to zimba88?
Could you please Kilndly forward these details
Date of your application, biometrics, complex issue letter, interview letter/office visit letter and
What list of documents have you provided with your application

Party Rocker
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Party Rocker » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:56 am

Please guy's share your timeline too so the other members can have an idea like so and so dated applications are receiving office visits

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:19 am

Atif786 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:03 pm
Hi,
Would you be kind enough to share email address of HO, they send email from As I need to make sure I won't miss their email by adding it to safe sender list , otherwise I could go to junk mail , so please share it
Just whitelist gov.uk domain. You don't need the exact email
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

skconsultant
Newly Registered
India

Post by skconsultant » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:01 am

Applied April 1st, complex letter after 2 months. now HO office visit.

Please, senior members, share your knowledge and experience to face this.

Thank you all.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:02 am

hii hope ur okay. good luck for ur interview.. m assuming its today as u said its mid of the week. hope u do welll.. take care.

regards,

NButt
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by NButt » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Guys please share your HO interview experience. It can be helpful for many others.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:35 pm

This might be specific/limited to OP circumstances in which HO decided that the interview needs to be done in person and in the office. Such visits for Tier 1E is uncommon and probably conducted when HO is suspecting something
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

skconsultant
Newly Registered
India

Post by skconsultant » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:31 pm

Its on day after Tomorrow, Lets see what happens?

Please guys share who had this experience

Thanks

dnf

Post by dnf » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:57 pm

In my opinion, these interviews are aimed to consider the reliability of the documents provided plus genuine entrepreneur test.

If I was you, I would first have all the documents handy, that were provided with the application. The questions will relate to your business with respect to genuine entrepreneur test plus the extension requirements for e.g. director loan and employments.

The questions may revolve around:

1. How do you conduct your business from advertisement, signing new contracts to advertising for employments for hiring employees. Employment contracts are not required to be provided with extension application but is a usual practice of any business so keep them handy. They may also want to see some contracts between your company and the clients. Make sure that you have the employee identifications plus all the payslips and RTI ready.

2. They may want to know the source of funding used for the extension and your previous experience related to the business you are current involved in.

3. They may ask the systems in place i.e. how often you get paid from the clients and how?

4. They may ask the job description of each employee

5. They can ask tricky questions as to how much tax you have paid since you have been in the business, which may include corporation tax and employment taxes. You should jot down notes and be able to answer these questions. You can also take your time reviewing these documents before answering as me being an accountant cannot remember the amount of taxes paid in the last 3 years. You may want to ask this question from your accountant to be prepared

In summary, as a genuine entrepreneur, you should have answers to all the questions they may ask. One cannot remember the answer to every question raised so be prepared to look into your records before answering.

I wish you good luck with your interview and remember, if you are a genuine entrepreneur than you have nothing to fear. Confidence is the key here and there is no reason to panic. Take a deep breath, enjoy the interview and ask the interviewer if you can bill him for the time that you spent at the rate you bill your clients. You may want to offer him some discount The highlighted lines are not to be taken seriously...

skconsultant
Newly Registered
India

Post by skconsultant » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Well said dnf.

Hats off

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:27 pm

dnf wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:57 pm
In my opinion, these interviews are aimed to consider the reliability of the documents provided plus genuine entrepreneur test.

If I was you, I would first have all the documents handy, that were provided with the application. The questions will relate to your business with respect to genuine entrepreneur test plus the extension requirements for e.g. director loan and employments.

The questions may revolve around:

1. How do you conduct your business from advertisement, signing new contracts to advertising for employments for hiring employees. Employment contracts are not required to be provided with extension application but is a usual practice of any business so keep them handy. They may also want to see some contracts between your company and the clients. Make sure that you have the employee identifications plus all the payslips and RTI ready.

2. They may want to know the source of funding used for the extension and your previous experience related to the business you are current involved in.

3. They may ask the systems in place i.e. how often you get paid from the clients and how?

4. They may ask the job description of each employee

5. They can ask tricky questions as to how much tax you have paid since you have been in the business, which may include corporation tax and employment taxes. You should jot down notes and be able to answer these questions. You can also take your time reviewing these documents before answering as me being an accountant cannot remember the amount of taxes paid in the last 3 years. You may want to ask this question from your accountant to be prepared

In summary, as a genuine entrepreneur, you should have answers to all the questions they may ask. One cannot remember the answer to every question raised so be prepared to look into your records before answering.

I wish you good luck with your interview and remember, if you are a genuine entrepreneur than you have nothing to fear. Confidence is the key here and there is no reason to panic. Take a deep breath, enjoy the interview and ask the interviewer if you can bill him for the time that you spent at the rate you bill your clients. You may want to offer him some discount The highlighted lines are not to be taken seriously...
Beautiful... I jus cant stop reading .. U described evything so well. M sure ppl who are going to have interview will be moe relaxed and confident.
Thats why they say its all about how u say things.. Thanks to thus forum and lovely ppl like u alll.. God bless u tc
Regard,❤️

NButt
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by NButt » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:11 pm

Hello everyone
I had an interview today on my premises.
Im on 50k category.
They had a long questionnaire. Interview duration was two hours.
All they want is how you are running your business. They asked about advertisment and expenses.
Employees past experience and qualifications.
Latest bank statement and questions about recent transactions. Asked about busniess insurance.
They took loads of copies for online advertisements which i did on differnt sites in last one year (i saved every single print for that and they took all of them)
I did several market researches they took all that questionares with them.
Even the documents which i submitted at the time of extension they took all again. When i asked why you need them again as i have already sent to HO. They said we are different dept. And we need all of them again. Even they asked about some documents which i provided in my intial application.my advice is get ready with a printer for lots of printing.
They took lots of pics of my office as well.
Any further question if anybody want to ask...i am happy to help.
Thank you

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:24 pm

NButt wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:11 pm
Hello everyone
Im on 50k category.
All they want is how you are running your business. They asked about advertisment and expenses.
Latest bank statement and questions about recent transactions. Asked about busniess insurance.
They took loads of copies for online advertisements which i did on differnt sites in last one year (i saved every single print for that and they took all of them)
Even the documents which i submitted at the time of extension they took all again. When i asked why you need them again as i have already sent to HO. They said we are different dept. And we need all of them again. Even they asked about some documents which i provided in my intial application.my advice is get ready with a printer for lots of printing.
Thank you
Did they mention by when you would get the outcome of the application?

Yes it sounds somewhat similar to my interview in my case the officer took a lot of time and also asked my initial entries to UK, different visas, duration, lots of personal information, source of funding, licences etc. hence we completed in 4 hours. It was a form where you were to sign on the last page to verify the information is correct ? Yes they are asking all these questions basically in my opinion trying to assess if you are actually running the business still or not and taking more recent documentation as proof to fill the gap.

All the Best.

NButt
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by NButt » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:51 pm

Minnzzy wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:24 pm
NButt wrote:
Hello everyone
Im on 50k category.
Thank you
Did they mention by when you would get the outcome of the application?

Yes it sounds somewhat similar to my interview in my case the officer took a lot of time and also asked my initial entries to UK, different visas, duration, lots of personal information, source of funding, licences etc. hence we completed in 4 hours. It was a form where you were to sign on the last page to verify the information is correct ? Yes they are asking all these questions basically in my opinion trying to assess if you are actually running the business still or not and taking more recent documentation as proof to fill the gap.

All the Best.
Yes...it was bit similar with your one..
And i am thankful to you as well....bcz your post was very helpful for me....best of luck

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:31 pm

NButt wrote:
Hello everyone
Im on 50k category.
Thank you
hey thankku for sharing ur experience.. did they tell u before coming as i have not seen ur any post in which u have said that they are coming to visit u or it was surprise ... i can see in one post that u applied in feb. 2 hours is not too bad... what is nature of ur business and how many ppl were they interviewing u ? how many years have u been in england.as ur on 50k ., u should be here for quite long time. good luck for evything .. u sound positive about ur interview.... u had employee working for u still and how is ur office like,.many thanks ....
good luck dear..
take care

NButt
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by NButt » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:46 pm

heyaheya wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:31 pm
NButt wrote:
Hello everyone
Im on 50k category.
Thank you
hey thankku for sharing ur experience.. did they tell u before coming as i have not seen ur any post in which u have said that they are coming to visit u or it was surprise ... i can see in one post that u applied in feb. 2 hours is not too bad... what is nature of ur business and how many ppl were they interviewing u ? how many years have u been in england.as ur on 50k ., u should be here for quite long time. good luck for evything .. u sound positive about ur interview.... u had employee working for u still and how is ur office like,.many thanks ....
good luck dear..
take care
Yes they called me on 30aug Wednesday for an interview on friday but friday was Eid day (muslim festival) so i excused then thay gave me one week time. My business is related to I.T services and they were two ladies. I came here in 2009. Yes i have one full time n two part time employees.
My office is properly furnished.
I gave all answers i think😊

fzp83

Post by fzp83 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi

I am asking these questions as my friend is in process of this application:

Can you please confirm list of documentation submitted to HO?
And what other official documentation they took from yourself (Nbutt), in regards to your employees and initial application? Plus where you employees were present at the time and did ladies asked them any questions?
Also did you presented them with advertisment material or they asked for it and also market research?
Were there any other possible questions as they spent 2 hours with yourself?