ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa application delay experiences

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nadiaslsbl
Indonesia

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by nadiaslsbl » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:31 pm

GUYSS PLEASE RESPONSE.. So, i've contacted the british embassy in my country. He asked my GWF number and name. A day later he sent me this

"Hi Nadia, our colleagues already checked on your GWF number and found your visa got deferred complex case with a match to previous adverse immigration history. However, it's in queue and has been raised as high noise. We are looking into this with our colleagues in UKVI.

Kind regards,
British Embassy Jakarta"

What does 'raised as high noise' mean? Do you guys think that the british embassy has an impact on speeding up visa applications? I've been so desperate.. this is my 6th week..

khozam

Post by khozam » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:33 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:12 pm
Anyone had a luck with the tracker using the GWF no/VAF no or the IHS number. Applied as a Tier 4 dependent ..counting on 32 working days. UKVI international enquiry said application is currently being considered and awaiting a decision..Don't know when the waiting will be over :cry: :cry:
The online visa status checker is not working, I think. It shows "Not Recognized" message even for the cases that have been decided. I have tried GWF, VAF, IHS numbers but it does not work.

gayatri
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by gayatri » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi guys,

I have been trying to call my uni to get them to contact UKVI and check if my CAS has been used but they never pick up! Emailed them instead, they took a day to reply just to send me a data confidentiality form saying they cant contact UKVI on my behalf without this. So I filled it and sent it back to them but again, no reply. They were telling me I could always do late registration.

Is anyone here from Uni of Sheffield? Which phone number are you using and which email? Because they don't seem to be cooperative at all with me..

khozam

Post by khozam » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:43 pm

nadiaslsbl wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:31 pm
GUYSS PLEASE RESPONSE.. So, i've contacted the british embassy in my country. He asked my GWF number and name. A day later he sent me this

"Hi Nadia, our colleagues already checked on your GWF number and found your visa got deferred complex case with a match to previous adverse immigration history. However, it's in queue and has been raised as high noise. We are looking into this with our colleagues in UKVI.

Kind regards,
British Embassy Jakarta"

What does 'raised as high noise' mean? Do you guys think that the british embassy has an impact on speeding up visa applications? I've been so desperate.. this is my 6th week..

It means that your case is requested to put up front for priority decision making on the status of your visa. But your case is complicated due to immigration history which is why it is hold back for visa decision on a later time.

I hope your immigration matters get resolved soon and you get a positive visa decision.

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:49 pm

khozam wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:27 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:21 pm
My CAS hasn't been used yet. I'm definitely gonna miss programme registration. I give up. I don't even care anymore..
You are quite right. The charm of studying overseas is somehow lost but still we should not lose heart. I am sure that week will bring good news for your in-particular..!!!
Thanks... Let's hope for the best. Im just really tired of hearing the same answers from UKVI. It's more humane to just reject us if they dont want us to come to their country. I've travelled to a number of other countries but never have I heard or experienced any of them ripping off and humiliating people this way.

123qwerty
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by 123qwerty » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:50 pm

nadiaslsbl wrote:

Kind regards,
British Embassy Jakarta"

It is clear from the Embassy that you have a complex case, thus it probably won't be resolved as quickly as you'd want it to. Try to recall what they mean by "adverse immigration history", and perhaps be able to explain or provide evidence to prove otherwise should UKVI require you to. At least you are lucky that the Embassy in Jakarta responded. Follow up with the Embassy if you need to, hopefully you can sort out the immigration issues from there.

Best of luck!

gayatri
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by gayatri » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:49 pm
khozam wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
My CAS hasn't been used yet. I'm definitely gonna miss programme registration. I give up. I don't even care anymore..
You are quite right. The charm of studying overseas is somehow lost but still we should not lose heart. I am sure that week will bring good news for your in-particular..!!!
Thanks... Let's hope for the best. Im just really tired of hearing the same answers from UKVI. It's more humane to just reject us if they dont want us to come to their country. I've travelled to a number of other countries but never have I heard or experienced any of them ripping off and humiliating people this way.
Same here! No other country has made me wait this long for my visa or been this hard to contact! They are literally treating us like cattle. The application is expensive enough as it is and then being treated like this.. :( Not to mention the outsourcing of immigration to a private company..

OlgaCC2
Newly Registered
China

Post by OlgaCC2 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:56 pm

gayatri wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:52 pm
Mugatiya26 wrote:
khozam wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
Same here! No other country has made me wait this long for my visa or been this hard to contact! They are literally treating us like cattle. The application is expensive enough as it is and then being treated like this.. :( Not to mention the outsourcing of immigration to a private company..
@gayatri, Did you apply from Madrid, Spain? If that's so, when did you have your biometrics?

gayatri
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by gayatri » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:58 pm

OlgaCC2 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:56 pm
gayatri wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:
khozam wrote:

@gayatri, Did you apply from Madrid, Spain? If that's so, when did you have your biometrics?
yes I applied from Madrid.

Application submitted: August 16
Biometrics: August 22
Received ECO email: September 3

I have applied for a tier 4 visa in the past. Got my passport back within 4 days of submitting biometrics the last time so I really don't know what the hold up is about

nadiaslsbl
Indonesia

Post by nadiaslsbl » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:02 pm

khozam wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:43 pm
nadiaslsbl wrote:

Kind regards,
British Embassy Jakarta"

It means that your case is requested to put up front for priority decision making on the status of your visa. But your case is complicated due to immigration history which is why it is hold back for visa decision on a later time.

I hope your immigration matters get resolved soon and you get a positive visa decision.
Thank you!

OlgaCC2
Newly Registered
China

Post by OlgaCC2 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:03 pm

gayatri wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:58 pm
OlgaCC2 wrote:
gayatri wrote:
Mugatiya26 wrote:

I have applied for a tier 4 visa in the past. Got my passport back within 4 days of submitting biometrics the last time so I really don't know what the hold up is about
I applied as well from Spain, do you think it would help if we sent an e-mail to Madrid's British Embassy? Or it would be useless? :|

nadiaslsbl
Indonesia

Post by nadiaslsbl » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:05 pm

123qwerty wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:50 pm
nadiaslsbl wrote:

Kind regards,
British Embassy Jakarta"

It is clear from the Embassy that you have a complex case, thus it probably won't be resolved as quickly as you'd want it to. Try to recall what they mean by "adverse immigration history", and perhaps be able to explain or provide evidence to prove otherwise should UKVI require you to. At least you are lucky that the Embassy in Jakarta responded. Follow up with the Embassy if you need to, hopefully you can sort out the immigration issues from there.

Best of luck!
So, 4 years ago,i got rejected because they don't believe that i am my father's daughter. so we did a dna test proving i am. But now i'm kinda afraid that they're gonna reject me again because of my history, like what if they dont check properly of my evidence?

gayatri
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by gayatri » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:09 pm

OlgaCC2 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:03 pm
gayatri wrote:
OlgaCC2 wrote:
gayatri wrote:

I applied as well from Spain, do you think it would help if we sent an e-mail to Madrid's British Embassy? Or it would be useless? :|
I was just thinking that too. I have just seen a post where someone from Egypt tweeted the embassy there but because in Spain, the British embassy doesn't deal with the visas, I don't know who to tweet. TLS maybe?
I have already called the paid phone number, they just said awaiting decision. When did you apply?

OlgaCC2
Newly Registered
China

Post by OlgaCC2 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:15 pm

gayatri wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:09 pm
OlgaCC2 wrote:
gayatri wrote:
OlgaCC2 wrote:

I was just thinking that too. I have just seen a post where someone from Egypt tweeted the embassy there but because in Spain, the British embassy doesn't deal with the visas, I don't know who to tweet. TLS maybe?
I have already called the paid phone number, they just said awaiting decision. When did you apply?
I had my biometrics on 18th August and no news at all.
Yep, I don't know what to do since I am resident in Spain but not national :? So maybe writing to them is useless.

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:16 pm

nadiaslsbl wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:05 pm
123qwerty wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:50 pm
nadiaslsbl wrote:

Kind regards,
British Embassy Jakarta"

Best of luck!
So, 4 years ago,i got rejected because they don't believe that i am my father's daughter. so we did a dna test proving i am. But now i'm kinda afraid that they're gonna reject me again because of my history, like what if they dont check properly of my evidence?
Did u went for review after that refusal of birth.

gayatri
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by gayatri » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:38 pm

OlgaCC2 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:15 pm
gayatri wrote:
OlgaCC2 wrote:
gayatri wrote:

Yep, I don't know what to do since I am resident in Spain but not national :? So maybe writing to them is useless.
I don't think that should make a difference. All that matters is the country you've applied to isn't responding. I have just tweeted them :)

OlgaCC2
Newly Registered
China

Post by OlgaCC2 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:45 pm

gayatri wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:38 pm
OlgaCC2 wrote:
gayatri wrote:
OlgaCC2 wrote:

I don't think that should make a difference. All that matters is the country you've applied to isn't responding. I have just tweeted them :)
I just wrote an e-mail to the Embassy. Hope it helps!

gayatri
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by gayatri » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:46 pm

OlgaCC2 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:45 pm
gayatri wrote:
OlgaCC2 wrote:
gayatri wrote:

Let me know how it goes please!

OlgaCC2
Newly Registered
China

Post by OlgaCC2 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:52 pm

gayatri wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:46 pm
OlgaCC2 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:45 pm
gayatri wrote:
OlgaCC2 wrote:

Let me know how it goes please!
I think I just answered your tweet by chance! :o Where are you national from, btw?
Sure, I'll tell how it goes.

KuldeepKB
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by KuldeepKB » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:15 pm

Any PAKISTANI who got visa ?

Amei
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amei » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:16 pm

OlgaCC2 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:55 pm
Hey guys,

I have been reading this thread during last week and am also in a similar situation.
My course starts on 18th September and below is my timeline:

11th August: Online Application
18th August: Biometrics taken in Madrid, Spain with Priority Visa Service
21th August: E-mail informing that my Application had arrived to UKVI and ready for consideration by an ECO.
3rd September: Called UKVI about application status, they said it was still under process and that I had to wait for the 15 working days.
Today I got an e-mail from my Uni, stating that my application has been passed on for review by an ECO, and that I should get an answer soon. (Hopefully the decision can be made this week)

I recommend contacting your uni because they can have more direct information.
Hope all goes well and good luck to everyone during these stressful moments!
Hello there. I've been through same situation as well.

I received email from my uni on 6th of September.

I received an email from the Home Office and your case was passed to the Entry Clearance Officer, you should get a decision soon.

The meaning of using CAS by entry clearance officer is that your CAS was passed for decision. As soon as it shows that the CAS has been used, it means a decision has been made.

Now I thought once Application passed to ECO , it will take max a day to made a decision for ECO. But up till now I've not heard from UKVI yet.

I called UKVI last night to check my status and operator told me that my application is still awaiting for decision. I emailed my university today and asked wheather my CAS has been used or not.

I got the reply.

There are no more updates to date apart from what its being assessed by the ECO.

As explained, there is a backlog on applications, hopefully you will receive a response soon.

It's really frustrating and stressful for me. My course start date is 25th of Sep. I thought we could exchange any updates .
I don't know why it's taking too long. Do ask ur university if the CAS is still assigned or been used.

Amei
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amei » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:18 pm

KuldeepKB wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:15 pm
Not yet. 😌

OlgaCC2
Newly Registered
China

Post by OlgaCC2 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Amei wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:16 pm
OlgaCC2 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:55 pm
Hey guys,

I have been reading this thread during last week and am also in a similar situation.
My course starts on 18th September and below is my timeline:

11th August: Online Application
18th August: Biometrics taken in Madrid, Spain with Priority Visa Service
21th August: E-mail informing that my Application had arrived to UKVI and ready for consideration by an ECO.
3rd September: Called UKVI about application status, they said it was still under process and that I had to wait for the 15 working days.
Today I got an e-mail from my Uni, stating that my application has been passed on for review by an ECO, and that I should get an answer soon. (Hopefully the decision can be made this week)

I recommend contacting your uni because they can have more direct information.
Hope all goes well and good luck to everyone during these stressful moments!
Hello there. I've been through same situation as well.

I received email from my uni on 6th of September.

I received an email from the Home Office and your case was passed to the Entry Clearance Officer, you should get a decision soon.

The meaning of using CAS by entry clearance officer is that your CAS was passed for decision. As soon as it shows that the CAS has been used, it means a decision has been made.

Now I thought once Application passed to ECO , it will take max a day to made a decision for ECO. But up till now I've not heard from UKVI yet.

I called UKVI last night to check my status and operator told me that my application is still awaiting for decision. I emailed my university today and asked wheather my CAS has been used or not.

I got the reply.

There are no more updates to date apart from what its being assessed by the ECO.

As explained, there is a backlog on applications, hopefully you will receive a response soon.

It's really frustrating and stressful for me. My course start date is 25th of Sep. I thought we could exchange any updates .
I don't know why it's taking too long. Do ask ur university if the CAS is still assigned or been used.
Yes, it is really frustrating and the worst is that there are no many things we can do besides waiting.
I also thought passing my application to an ECO would mean maximum one day for decision to be made.

I hope they have in mind our course start dates. I had to give up on my planned accommodation in London since I couldn't tell my landlord when I would be arriving :roll: .

KuldeepKB
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by KuldeepKB » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:27 pm

Amei wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:18 pm
KuldeepKB wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:15 pm
Not yet. 😌
when you applied and did you contact your university?

June95
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by June95 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi everyone,
I got my biometrics done on 8th august an since then haven't heard back from UKVI.

Can anyone guide me that who should I email from university to check My CAS status?
As i emailed the admin department and they were like i have still got time as enrolment time is till 20th october. And i cannot wait this long.
This is all so frustrating.