ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:12 pm

confused2017 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:09 pm
Hi,

I saw today an April 2017 applicant receiving approval through email rather than a letter, is this common?

Thanks!
The user in question had raised the delay query with HO, likely they responded to that but the user will still get a letter in the post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:12 pm
confused2017 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:09 pm
Hi,

I saw today an April 2017 applicant receiving approval through email rather than a letter, is this common?

Thanks!
The user in question had raised the delay query with HO, likely they responded to that but the user will still get a letter in the post.
Hello,

I guess I am that user :roll: .

I've emailed HO a few days ago as I got really frustrated and impatient that my application was processed for so long. The reply was "I can confirm that your application was approved 07 September 2017.
You will receive a ceremony invitation by post over the next 7-10 days.".

I guess there will be a letter confirming the approval and the ceremony invitation as well.

p.s 8 digit code is still set as "awaiting the decision".

confused2017
Newly Registered

Post by confused2017 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply user CR001 and user Mahasam for the answer!

May I please know which email you used to contact the HO?

Thank you :)

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:30 pm

confused2017 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:23 pm
Hi,

Hi,

I've used this email citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk .

And this template:

Full Name:
Case ID: (8 Digits)
Home Office Ref: (starts with A then 7 digits)
Date of Birth:
Address:

Asked kindly if there is any update as I have applied x months ago and was wondering if any decision was made as the online tracker is unreliable(and it is, as my case ID states its under the consideration).

Hope this helps.

confused2017
Newly Registered

Post by confused2017 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:37 pm

mahasam wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:30 pm
confused2017 wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

And this template:

Full Name:
Date of Birth:
Address:

Asked kindly if there is any update as I have applied x months ago and was wondering if any decision was made as the online tracker is unreliable(and it is, as my case ID states its under the consideration).

Hope this helps.
Many thanks for your reply and help, congratulations for your approval! :)

Saulman
inactive

Biometric enrolment for nationality

Post by Saulman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Hello everyone. There's something I'm a bit concern about during my application processing for citizenship. I received acknowledge letter and biometrics enrolment letter same dated they both dated 06/07/2017. Biometric done on the 10/07/2017. So until here it's normal. But I have been checking application status regularly from the link below . It says application statue updated on the 06/07/2017 that's same day when they send both letter above, my concern is this after biometric enrolment done one 10/072/2017 and they received it automatic, shouldn't my application status updated to 10/07/2017??? I'm worried if my biometric enrolment didn't go through?

Can anyone tell me what's your application status says and when updated ? Is it updated on the same date that your acknowledge rotten to you? Or updated after you done your biometric?

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... _ns/refno/

Thank you

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:56 pm

confused2017 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:37 pm
mahasam wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:30 pm
confused2017 wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

And this template:

Full Name:
Date of Birth:
Address:

Hope this helps.
Many thanks for your reply and help, congratulations for your approval! :)

Thanks! :)

I will keep posting updates when letters/passports etc. arrive.

I wish you luck with your app and hopefully, you will get your approval soon!

IcikePicike
Hungary

Re: Biometric enrolment for nationality

Post by IcikePicike » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Saulman wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 pm
Hello everyone. There's something I'm a bit concern about during my application processing for citizenship. I received acknowledge letter and biometrics enrolment letter same dated they both dated 06/07/2017. Biometric done on the 10/07/2017. So until here it's normal. But I have been checking application status regularly from the link below . It says application statue updated on the 06/07/2017 that's same day when they send both letter above, my concern is this after biometric enrolment done one 10/072/2017 and they received it automatic, shouldn't my application status updated to 10/07/2017??? I'm worried if my biometric enrolment didn't go through?

Can anyone tell me what's your application status says and when updated ? Is it updated on the same date that your acknowledge rotten to you? Or updated after you done your biometric?

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... _ns/refno/

Thank you
Mine says the same as before biometric, 'being considered' and the date hasn't changed.
I think there are only 3 stages and as far as I can see, it will only update to 'decided', there will be no other type of notification and they will not keep updating it for various dates as the application progresses.
It's probably best not to keep checking it.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:44 pm

Hello,
Any idea how does Home office works?
---Some times I see multiple getting approvals in a days and some times not a single approval for a week..So what happens during that week?
--Now a days the online system shows "decision pending" but people getting Email
--Sometimes they don't send approval letter for days .
I have a "calender" for my application...I have designed an alogorithum depending upon others application dates and approval dates..However looking at various threads , there is no pattern.

Is there ANY accountability?After paying 1200 GBP , they send letter by 2nd class post!!!.

I am not looking for an early judgement for my case, but atleast some insight on how UKVI works will be helpful..Its like buying a lottery and then praying.

funkeq
Newly Registered

Post by funkeq » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Hi guys
I applied on 18th of April 2017.
Decided on 22nd of August 2017.
After waiting for more than 10 working days, I called HO, they collected my details, I was told I will get a response within 5 working days, few hours later l received an email stating no record showing that on their system. Am confused now because is more than 10 working days now. Please anyone facing the same problem.

funkeq
Newly Registered

Post by funkeq » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:18 pm

funkeq wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:59 pm
Hi guys
Decided on 22nd of August 2017 on HO online tracker.
After waiting for more than 10 working days, I called HO, they collected my details, I was told I will get a response within 5 working days, few hours later l received an email stating no record showing that my case has been DECIDED on their system. Am confused now because is more than 10 working days now. Please anyone facing the same problem.

EEA National
Bulgaria

Post by EEA National » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:23 pm

funkeq wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:59 pm
Hi guys
Decided on 22nd of August 2017.
After waiting for more than 10 working days, I called HO, they collected my details, I was told I will get a response within 5 working days, few hours later l received an email stating no record showing that on their system. Am confused now because is more than 10 working days now. Please anyone facing the same problem.
Who was the sender of the email? Maybe try this email citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Good luck

bhatti20
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by bhatti20 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:14 am

Hi:
I applied on 12-4-17 and my application status updated to decided last night (decided on 4-9-17).
I sent them email on the same day 4-9-17 it was decided. I do not know whether my email has worked.
Please pray for my approval letter.

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:28 pm

bhatti20 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:14 am
Hi:
I applied on 12-4-17 and my application status updated to decided last night (decided on 4-9-17).
I sent them email on the same day 4-9-17 it was decided. I do not know whether my email has worked.
Please pray for my approval letter.
I got an email confirming by a CCST - Nationality Group CW/Officer that my application was approved on 07/09, Online checking service says that it was decided on 06/09. I hope she didn't make a mistake and I actually got it :)

Ilr_in_2016

Post by Ilr_in_2016 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:11 pm

Dear Helpful Experts,

Appled Joint naturalisation and passport via NCS on 6th of April.

Had given biometric on 26th of April. No further communication from Home Office.

Status remains as "Awaiting Decision".

This is more than 5 months and no communication.

Should I be worried ??? Is it advisable to contact UKVI via email for any updates?

Best Regards, MaiSaran

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Ilr_in_2016 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:11 pm
Dear Helpful Experts,

Had given biometric on 26th of April. No further communication from Home Office.

Should I be worried ??? Is it advisable to contact UKVI via email for any updates?

Best Regards, MaiSaran
In the sense of this meaning that your application is more or less likely to be accepted, no you should not worry. The processing times for April applicants are all over the place. Some people on this forum have had luck e-mail the Home Office to ask about their applications (see the previous few pages of posts).

To be fair to the Home Office, they do say that standard processing times for naturalisation applications can take up to 6 months. Still most people get decisions before then, and it seems that they are responsive to April applicants who contact them, so it can't hurt to try.

Ilr_in_2016

Post by Ilr_in_2016 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:10 am

When contacted via phone today and on providing my case reference number, the ukvi contact center staff said, the case has been considered and is awaiting decision (like a text book response in line with the online status checker :shock: ) and said if there is no query it is a good sign and asked me to wait until the standard 6 months timeframe.

deefox
Newly Registered

Post by deefox » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:25 am

Please which of the numbers did you call? thanks .

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:08 pm

I called up UKVI number :0300 123 2253..I am told that the standard time line is 5 to 6 months because of heavy workload..I should NOT expect any update before 5 months...
I applied on 15/May/2017, so expect result by 15th Oct

tintin13
Newly Registered

Post by tintin13 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Hello all

I wonder if anyone knows how long it takes the HO to send their decision through to the Council after the online status has been updated to decided?

robtek
Newly Registered

Post by robtek » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:21 pm

As we know the naturalisation process make take up to six months. I wonder what are the procedures followed by caseworker after the receipt of naturalisation application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:27 pm

robtek wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:21 pm
As we know the naturalisation process make take up to six months. I wonder what are the procedures followed by caseworker after the receipt of naturalisation application?
They do various checks with many different government departments etc, your immigration history, absence history, police records, insolvency register etc. Was there something specific you are wanting to know or just asking in general?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

robtek
Newly Registered

Post by robtek » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:27 pm
robtek wrote:
They do various checks with many different government departments etc, your immigration history, absence history, police records, insolvency register etc. Was there something specific you are wanting to know or just asking in general?
Just general but if you know exact steps would be nice to know.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:57 pm

robtek wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:48 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:27 pm
robtek wrote:
Just general but if you know exact steps would be nice to know.
We don't work for HO and have no knowledge of their internal processes and extent of what they do or in what sequence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

funkeq
Newly Registered

Post by funkeq » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:06 pm

Tea_Rocket wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:47 pm
Ilr_in_2016 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:11 pm
Dear Helpful Experts,

Best Regards, MaiSaran
In the sense of this meaning that your application is more or less likely to be accepted, no you should not worry. The processing times for April applicants are all over the place. Some people on this forum have had luck e-mail the Home Office to ask about their applications (see the previous few pages of posts).

To be fair to the Home Office, they do say that standard processing times for naturalisation applications can take up to 6 months. Still most people get decisions before then, and it seems that they are responsive to April applicants who contact them, so it can't hurt to try.

I will advise you to move on with other stuff in your life, I know it is difficult but wait till around 6 months.
Let me share case with you:
Applied on 18th of April 2017
Decided on 22nd of August 2017 online tracker.
After waiting for 10 working days, I called HO, they took my details and was I told I will get response within five working days, few hours later l received an email stating no record showing that on their system. Still showing DECIDED on govt official website at of today.