ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Russian Tier 4 Student Visa REJECTED!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Entrezo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Russian Tier 4 Student Visa REJECTED!

Post by Entrezo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:31 pm

Hi all

My girlfriends visa was rejected in July. We are now looking for advise on what to do please. Little bit of back story.. Met almost exactly one year ago. She's been over to the UK on 4 tourist visas (2 were before she met me). We've met in Europe many times and I went to Russia to meet her family in June.

The visa was rejected due to 'false documents' being used in supporting her job and 'discrepancies and inconsistencies in your application'.

She went through the usual process of going through an agency in Moscow to assist, but it turns out this wasn't enough.

Now, I have two questions:
1. Whats the implication of a rejected visa such as this? (Theres mention of any further application being rejected for a minimum of 10 years)
2. What do we do next? We obviously still want to be together in the UK with her studying English.

Any help, no matter how big or small would be greatly appreciated in this frustrating and confusing time.

Many thanks in advance

Rob

vinny

Re: Russian Tier 4 Student Visa REJECTED!

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:12 am

Were there false documents?

If she was refused under 320(7A), then she faces a 10 year ban under 320(7B), unless exempted under A320, or if she can successfully refute any false documents allegations, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Entrezo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by Entrezo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:50 pm

They were exaggerated. Not fake but not entirely true. Would this affect the application of another visa such as a spouse visa?

Ta

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:56 pm

Entrezo wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:50 pm
They were exaggerated. Not bad quality but not entirely true. Would this affect the application of another visa such as a spouse visa?

Ta
So they were false documents or false statement of facts. Yes it can affect other visas. Have you clicked on all of vinny's links he has provided?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:32 pm

Dodgy docs are all too common in Russia, normal way of life over there.

I doubt the applicant can recover from this. My partner is from Russia and originally came over on a Student visa in 2004, but we made sure everything was 100% squeaky clean as even back then Russia had this reputation for let's say being less than free with the truth.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Entrezo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by Entrezo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:26 pm

False statement of facts. She and her mum (sponsor) have jobs but they dont meet the requirements.

I can see it from both sides, embassy doing her job etc etc. But she has nothing to hide but falls short on the monetary side of the visa greatly. Seems so harsh, but then i guess this is a it?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:05 pm

So how was she going to afford the £11-21k pa for term fees even if the subterfuge had worked?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Entrezo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by Entrezo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:52 am

Maybe I got the title of the course wrong. But it was a intermediate English Language course that cost roughly £4k for 11months studying. She could afford this via savings