ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony booking - Other council

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mikmoo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Ceremony booking - Other council

Post by Mikmoo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:25 pm

My local council do not have online booking system can I try some other councils web site to see if I'm able to book. If I am able to book online to some other council website does that mean my application is approved?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ceremony booking - Other council

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Has your application been approved??

You can only book a ceremony at your council where your certificate will be. You cannot just book online at any council to attend a ceremony there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

blacklabel69

Re: Ceremony booking - Other council

Post by blacklabel69 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:59 am

Thanks CR001 for moving this to a separate topic. I didn't want to respond in the updates thread.

Hey Mikmoo, you would have mentioned if you want to have the ceremony in your local council or a different council in your application. You can only book at that council.

I only mentioned this idea of checking for impatient/curious people like me whose applications are in 'DECIDED' status only (and has not changed back to AWAITING DECISION like it did for some people) and whose letters were being sent via the slowest possible postal route.

All said, you MUST NOT book a ceremony until you know for sure that your application has been approved i.e. you have the approval letter in hand.