ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please HELP: Home Office requests - ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

residents
Newly Registered

Please HELP: Home Office requests - ILR

Post by residents » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Dear all,

I am applying for ILR and I have received a letter from the HO requesting some further documentation and I am seeking for help and advice to a request that seems idiotic.

Before this, I need to clarify that I was paying rent to my landlord on a monthly basis via a standing order from my Halifax bank account to her Natwest account. The tenancy contract was included in the application file, of course, together with a confirmation from my landlord that I am her tenant, stipulating the rent amount, etc.

However this is what I got from the caseworker:

"In order to help us consider the case please provide:
Documentary evidence, provided by Natwest, explaining the nature of the £amount standing order payment from your halifax account."

What the hell is that supposed to mean? How could I get this info from a bank account that is not even mine? And the bank will not give you and will not know what that amount represents anyway. Is this some technical mumbo-jumbo that I don't understand? What do you think I need to provide?

Thanks.

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:14 am

Hmm..

I would have thought that if the standing order mentions the landlord's details and matches the rent stated in the tenancy agreement, then it would be evident that this is a rent payment.

Some options in the meantime:

1. Get a written letter of confirmation from the landlord that this is rent.
2. Get a letter from the bank via the landlord that they can't or won't verify what the standing order is for.
3. Ask the casework exactly what s/he needs to know and based on your rate of success re the above, ask if there is any other information you could provide that would serve the same function.
Oh, the drama...!

softboy
Newly Registered

Post by softboy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:24 am

Resident, can you let us know what category of ILR you applying under?