ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa application delay experiences

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rathodpr
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Rathodpr » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:06 am

Everyone who applied in July will get their visas in next 2 days.

mahbolla
Newly Registered

Post by mahbolla » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:11 am

My spouse is yet to receive passport. Today, we called UKVI and it seems dependent visa decision is already made on 7th Sept ( even my decision was made on 7th sept ). But we are not sure why it was not sent along with my passport. We are hoping some time this week.

My spouse applied for visa one day after I applied. Could that be reason for delay???

Sushant69
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sushant69 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:12 am

Rathodpr wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:06 am
Bless you Rathodpr. How are you so sure?

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:26 am

Rathodpr wrote:
Fingers crossed🙏🏻
i was refused in 2015 for uk dependent amd last year usa visit visa..I dnt know if i will b able to get my visa...so stressed now

Gelarehk
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Gelarehk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:54 am

Sam1990 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 am
Any July applicants got their decision recently??
Not yet!!!

saif94
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saif94 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:58 am

Ill be going to Uni of sheffield. had biometric on 11th August. Got initial mail of application recieved on 20th August. Got 2nd mail on 26th August saying it will exceed 15 days. On 28th got call feom VAC for re-scanning. CAS status changed to USED on 8th September. Called UKVI on 11th to check application status and finally they said that my case is decided. Wondering when ill grt passport. My flight is on 16th. Pray for me guys

Gelarehk
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Gelarehk » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:59 am

Rathodpr wrote:
How do you know? Soooooo desperate I am....

CalistaCherrie
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by CalistaCherrie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:27 am

gayatri wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:36 am
CalistaCherrie wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:35 am
gayatri wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:43 pm
Hi guys,

I have been trying to call my uni to get them to contact UKVI and check if my CAS has been used but they never pick up! Emailed them instead, they took a day to reply just to send me a data confidentiality form saying they cant contact UKVI on my behalf without this. So I filled it and sent it back to them but again, no reply. They were telling me I could always do late registration.

Is anyone here from Uni of Sheffield? Which phone number are you using and which email? Because they don't seem to be cooperative at all with me..
I'm from TuoS too. u can check whether or not your cas is used by logging into MUSE, open pre registration task, and check your CAS document. you can see your status from there. Hope this helps!
Thank you! I did that, my CAS was used yesterday so hopefully will be getting a decision soon. Have you got your visa yet?
My cas was used as of 1 september. No, i have not gotten my visa yet, sadly

saif94
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saif94 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:32 am

CalistaCherrie wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:27 am
gayatri wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:36 am
CalistaCherrie wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:35 am
gayatri wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:43 pm
Hi guys,

I have been trying to call my uni to get them to contact UKVI and check if my CAS has been used but they never pick up! Emailed them instead, they took a day to reply just to send me a data confidentiality form saying they cant contact UKVI on my behalf without this. So I filled it and sent it back to them but again, no reply. They were telling me I could always do late registration.

Is anyone here from Uni of Sheffield? Which phone number are you using and which email? Because they don't seem to be cooperative at all with me..
I'm from TuoS too. u can check whether or not your cas is used by logging into MUSE, open pre registration task, and check your CAS document. you can see your status from there. Hope this helps!
Thank you! I did that, my CAS was used yesterday so hopefully will be getting a decision soon. Have you got your visa yet?
My cas was used as of 1 september. No, i have not gotten my visa yet, sadly
Used CAS doesnt mean your case is decided, it just means they have started to work on your application. Better call UKVI and check status of your visa

nadiaslsbl
Indonesia

Post by nadiaslsbl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:17 pm

Rathodpr wrote:
Really????? How did you know about this?

princeyumair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by princeyumair » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:26 pm

I had called UKVI but it's beeen 2 days they didn't charged my credit card, could that be a problem? I am being worried, even I have balance in my account.

Alishba555
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alishba555 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 am
Any July applicants got their decision recently??
No :(

nadiaslsbl
Indonesia

Post by nadiaslsbl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:37 pm

if there are any indonesian students who have visa delay problems let me know.. i can invite you to a group of visa delay students in indonesia

mahbolla
Newly Registered

Post by mahbolla » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
mahbolla wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:33 am
I got my T4 visa today. I applied for standard visa on 19th July from Hyderabad - India.

Timeline:

Applied - 19th july
ECO Mail - 31st July

Got message and call from VFS today. No email from UKVI.
Did you try using the tracker..had any luck with the GWF numbers. Please update
tracker does not work

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:43 pm

nadiaslsbl wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:37 pm
if there are any indonesian students who have visa delay problems let me know.. i can invite you to a group of visa delay students in indonesia
Suggest you read the forum rules and NOT post ANY form of links to 3 party/social media/whatsapp/external groups inviting people to join.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:11 pm

Rathodpr wrote:
what makes you say that ?

nadiaslsbl
Indonesia

Post by nadiaslsbl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:56 pm

TIER 4
Total applications received: 12,717
Non straightforward applications received: 482
Straightforward applications received: 12,235
Number of completed within service: 12,186
Number of uncompleted within service: 531
UPDATED ON 24 AUGUST
Got his info from this link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ugust-2017

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:12 pm

nadiaslsbl wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:56 pm
TIER 4
UPDATED ON 24 AUGUST
Wooooo that's some information
That means remaining cases are mostly non-straightforward .. Although I never recieved a non straightforward email but seems like I'm one in that 482.
Hold on tho , today is 11 septmber , and this data is from 24th augast ,I'm sure they would have processed remaining applications by now ..

Maldv
Maldives

Post by Maldv » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:29 pm

But what about those who did not receive the not straightforward mail??

Mugatiya26
Sri Lanka

Post by Mugatiya26 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:50 pm

nadiaslsbl wrote:
TIER 4
UPDATED ON 24 AUGUST
Lies, and more Lies. Most of us didnt receive non straightforward emails, and none of the applications from my country were completed within service. Especially the july ones

Maldv
Maldives

Post by Maldv » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:55 pm

@Mugatiya26 not to mention more than 1000 delayed applications from Hong Kong. Disgusting how they continue to lie about this.

excal
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by excal » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread and would like to share my experience in the hope it would help others.

I applied for Tier 4 from VFS Jakarta, paid for priority service. Timeline:
16th Aug : submitted documents and biometrics
17th Aug : received email from shefo, being prepared for consideration by ECO
27th Aug : got a call from VFS asking to re-scan my documents, did that the same day (it's a Sunday btw)
8th Sep : got passport collection email
11th Sep : passport collected with visa inside, dated 6th September

Document scanning: I brought originals and copies with me, but the officer asked to scan my copies only. The reason being she was afraid if the scanning process would damage my originals (i.e. jammed). I asked her twice to confirm if it's ok not to scan originals and twice she assured me. So, for those who are worried, I can say having the copies scanned is ok (from my experience, at least)

Rescanning: the lady who called me said "your docs might not be completely scanned (i.e. missing pages) so we are just making sure we have the complete version, just in case". I confronted the VFS officer why it would take them 10 days to realise those "missing scans", and if my 10 days wait had been in vain... all she could do was to put the responsibility on UKVI, with the classic "we are just an application centre". To make it worse, 3 days after I rescanned the docs, they sent me an email asking for (another) re-scan! I visited VFS and the officer said "nothing's wrong, your document is complete. Perhaps the system has just sent the email now". So, I think it's a good idea to always have your mobile on in case they call, as their system takes days to send an email.

Decision: I got no email from UKVI informing a decision had been made. On 8th Sep I called my university and they contacted the UKVI to ask about my application. Turns out a decision had been made and "your documents will be at the visa application soon". Hours later, I received the collection email from VFS (it was 10 PM!). It was a Friday, so I could only collect on the following Monday. The decision is dated 6th Sep, so took about 2 days to arrive (or for them to finally send me an email? I can't say)

I had a bad experience with VFS Jakarta. For my previous visa application, they did not send me any email (and I know at least 4 people who also experienced this). I emailed the enquiry service (it was free back then) and they confirmed a decision had been made. Then I came to VFS in person and asked them to check. They scanned my barcode and said "it's not here yet". I didn't give up, I asked them to look for it manually behind the counter and guess what? Plot twist. There was my passport, with the visa dated 5 days prior. Funny thing, technology.

It might not be the same everywhere, but at least for those applying in Jakarta, if you are sure a decision has been made but you haven't got collection email after 2 days, you might want to try paying VFS a visit. Just be nice and put on a smile and talk in a friendly tone. Even for my current application, I think the only reason I got the collection email (at 10 PM!) was because I called my university and they called UKVI. Or perhaps all this waiting game has made me cynical.

Good luck for everyone who are still waiting!

nadiaslsbl
Indonesia

Post by nadiaslsbl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:43 pm

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:50 pm
nadiaslsbl wrote:
TIER 4
UPDATED ON 24 AUGUST
Lies, and more Lies. Most of us didnt receive non straightforward emails, and none of the applications from my country were completed within service. Especially the july ones
Are you saying that the info from that link which is from gov.uk is a lie?

nadiaslsbl
Indonesia

Post by nadiaslsbl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:46 pm

excal wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:58 pm
Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread and would like to share my experience in the hope it would help others.

I applied for Tier 4 from VFS Jakarta, paid for priority service. Timeline:
16th Aug : submitted documents and biometrics
17th Aug : received email from shefo, being prepared for consideration by ECO
27th Aug : got a call from VFS asking to re-scan my documents, did that the same day (it's a Sunday btw)
8th Sep : got passport collection email
11th Sep : passport collected with visa inside, dated 6th September

Document scanning: I brought originals and copies with me, but the officer asked to scan my copies only. The reason being she was afraid if the scanning process would damage my originals (i.e. jammed). I asked her twice to confirm if it's ok not to scan originals and twice she assured me. So, for those who are worried, I can say having the copies scanned is ok (from my experience, at least)

Rescanning: the lady who called me said "your docs might not be completely scanned (i.e. missing pages) so we are just making sure we have the complete version, just in case". I confronted the VFS officer why it would take them 10 days to realise those "missing scans", and if my 10 days wait had been in vain... all she could do was to put the responsibility on UKVI, with the classic "we are just an application centre". To make it worse, 3 days after I rescanned the docs, they sent me an email asking for (another) re-scan! I visited VFS and the officer said "nothing's wrong, your document is complete. Perhaps the system has just sent the email now". So, I think it's a good idea to always have your mobile on in case they call, as their system takes days to send an email.

Decision: I got no email from UKVI informing a decision had been made. On 8th Sep I called my university and they contacted the UKVI to ask about my application. Turns out a decision had been made and "your documents will be at the visa application soon". Hours later, I received the collection email from VFS (it was 10 PM!). It was a Friday, so I could only collect on the following Monday. The decision is dated 6th Sep, so took about 2 days to arrive (or for them to finally send me an email? I can't say)

I had a bad experience with VFS Jakarta. For my previous visa application, they did not send me any email (and I know at least 4 people who also experienced this). I emailed the enquiry service (it was free back then) and they confirmed a decision had been made. Then I came to VFS in person and asked them to check. They scanned my barcode and said "it's not here yet". I didn't give up, I asked them to look for it manually behind the counter and guess what? Plot twist. There was my passport, with the visa dated 5 days prior. Funny thing, technology.

It might not be the same everywhere, but at least for those applying in Jakarta, if you are sure a decision has been made but you haven't got collection email after 2 days, you might want to try paying VFS a visit. Just be nice and put on a smile and talk in a friendly tone. Even for my current application, I think the only reason I got the collection email (at 10 PM!) was because I called my university and they called UKVI. Or perhaps all this waiting game has made me cynical.

Good luck for everyone who are still waiting!
Hello! I also applied at jakarta. Do you have any advice for me? i've been waiting for 7 WEEKS!!! course starting in 4 days:( highly depressed.. please tell me what to do...

KuldeepKB
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by KuldeepKB » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:31 pm

nadiaslsbl wrote:
TIER 4