ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Would like to bring my iraqi partner with me to germany

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

scorpio1978
Newly Registered

Would like to bring my iraqi partner with me to germany

Post by scorpio1978 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:03 pm

I am going to be moving to live in Germany and would like my Iraqi partner to come with me. I am a British/ Trinidadian citizen. He does not have right to live in UK right now. He is concerned about how he will leave UK and get to Germany. Can he simply just get a flight with me to Germany or does he have to go back to Iraq first ? Can I have some advice about this please? Thank you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Would like to bring my iraqi partner with me to germany

Post by Wanderer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:27 am

scorpio1978 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:03 pm
I am going to be moving to live in Germany and would like my Iraqi partner to come with me. I am a British/ Trinidadian citizen. He does not have right to live in UK right now. He is concerned about how he will leave UK and get to Germany. Can he simply just get a flight with me to Germany or does he have to go back to Iraq first ? Can I have some advice about this please? Thank you
Germany doesn't recognise non-EU unmarried partners in local law therefore cannot under EU law, no matter how long they're been a couple.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

scorpio1978
Newly Registered

Post by scorpio1978 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 pm

So would be better to go after we are married? If we go as a married couple what process would I need to go through to bring him with me ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:30 am

scorpio1978 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 pm
So would be better to go after we are married? If we go as a married couple what process would I need to go through to bring him with me ?
it would be difficult to marry in the UK without risk of detention and deportation on the day as the authorities notify the UKVI of any impending marriages involving undocumented people.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....