ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Devin
Pakistan

FLR (M) Question

Post by Devin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi
I am posting this question on my friend's behalf. I tried to search the forum but could not find clear answer as there are so many different categorise and scenarios. I apologise if these questions have already been asked or if it’s incorrect forum.
Question 1:
My friend is married to British citizen and got FLR (M) visa recently. Solicitor told her that she cannot stay out of the country for more than 28 days. She wants to travel for 4 weeks now and then probably another 4 weeks in Feb.
Are there any travel restrictions on FLR (M) visa? Would really appreciate if you could put me in the right direction to find this in the guidance.
Question 2:
Would she qualify for ILR on the basis of 10 years rule if she is currently on FLR(m)?
Your help is highly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) Question

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:47 pm

Question 1:
My friend is married to British citizen and got FLR (M) visa recently. Solicitor told her that she cannot stay out of the country for more than 28 days. She wants to travel for 4 weeks now and then probably another 4 weeks in Feb.
Are there any travel restrictions on FLR (M) visa? Would really appreciate if you could put me in the right direction to find this in the guidance.
There are NO travel restriction or absence limits. The solicitor is talking crap or smoking his socks.
Question 2:
Would she qualify for ILR on the basis of 10 years rule if she is currently on FLR(m)?
Depends on her immigration history and absences etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Thank you for clarification. 28 days rule given by solicitor did not sound right.

She has been in UK legally for 8 years. She has never been absent for more than 7 weeks continuously. Her current leave FLR(m) is for 2.5 yeara so she will complte her 10 years before her current leave expeires. Solicitor told her that she cannot apply fir ILR under 10 years rule as her leave under current category will not count. To be honest it did not make any sense to me at all. Solicitor is probably making his own rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:12 pm

Solicitor told her that she cannot apply fir ILR under 10 years rule as her leave under current category will not count.
What a load of toddlywash!! Suggest do not use this solicitor if he cannot even get the basics right. I hope your friend did not pay for this appalling advice.

ALL visa categories count towards ILR long residence, including visit visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Devin
Pakistan

Post by Devin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:07 pm

She did :cry: but at least she got her visa. Thank you for your help.