ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duration of Stay Meaning on Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uktierone

Return on UK Long Term Visitor Visa

Post by uktierone » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:17 am

Hello Experts

I need an advice on long term UK Visitor Visa (2 Years).

As I understand the visitor on this visa cannot be in the UK for more than 6 months (in a single visit).

Please can you confirm once they have returned to home country after the first visit of 6 months when can they again come back to the UK ?

Is there a kind of cooling need to be given between visits ?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Return on UK Long Term Visitor Visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:36 am

They cannot be spending more time in the UK in a 12 month period than they are spending in their home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

uktierone

Post by uktierone » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:04 am

Thank you CR001 for your prompt response.

Just another question on this, assuming they travel to UK (as part of first visit) for 4 months and then go back to home country for 2 weeks. Can they then again return to UK (as part of 2nd Visit) for another 2 months ?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:12 am

They can probably expect to be questioned coming back for 2 months so soon after staying for 4 months. You must remember that they can be refused entry if the IO believes they are using a visitor visa to 'live' in the UK and are not 'genuine visitors'.

4 months is not 'visiting' and can be seen as 'residing'.

They would have had to provide extensive evidence of ties to home country and this can become questionable if their circumstances are not as declared on their form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

uktierone

Duration of Stay Meaning on Visit Visa

Post by uktierone » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Hello Experts

I have recently got a long term visit visa(2 years) for my parents. Though the visa is valid for 2 years but it says 'Duration of Stay' as 180 days.

Do this mean total duration allowed for 2 years is 180 Days or is it for a single trip ?

Regards

Casa

Re: Duration of Stay Meaning on Visit Visa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:25 am

180 days in a single visit. However, your parents shouldn't spend more time in the UK in a 12 month rolling period than they are spending in their home country.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

uktierone

Post by uktierone » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:40 am

Thank you Casa for confirming this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 am

uktierone wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:09 pm
Hello Experts

I have recently got a long term visit visa(2 years) for my parents. Though the visa is valid for 2 years but it says 'Duration of Stay' as 180 days.

Do this mean total duration allowed for 2 years is 180 Days or is it for a single trip ?

Regards
I have merged your topics. You were already given advice about this last week, not sure why you are repeating the same question. Also, please keep all your questions on the same application in a single topic (this one).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:57 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 am
uktierone wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:09 pm
Hello Experts

Regards
I have merged your topics. You were already given advice about this last week, not sure why you are repeating the same question. Also, please keep all your questions on the same application in a single topic (this one).
Because the OP didn't get the answer he wanted!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....