ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax amendments and Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ksriramanarasimhan
Newly Registered

Tax amendments and Naturalisation

Post by ksriramanarasimhan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi,
I have made tax amendments in the past, in April 2016, that is 4 months before my ILR application (which was approved at PEO in August 2016).
The tax amendments were accepted by HMRC and it did not cause any issue for ILR. I am worried if it could cause any problem with naturalisation.

Naturalisation guide states something as below:

You must tell us if you have practised deception in your dealings with the Home
Office or other government departments (for example, by providing false information
or fraudulent documents). This will be taken in to account in considering whether you
meet the good character requirement. If your application is refused, and there is clear
evidence of the deception, any future application made within 10 years is unlikely to
be successful.

Do I need to mention about the tax amendment in my naturalisation application? Will my tax amendment result in my application being refused? Has this happened in the past?

The SA302 reflects the amended tax returns. For more than 2 years, I am in permanent employment and paying taxes though PAYE.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tax amendments and Naturalisation

Post by bruteforce » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:28 pm

have you practised deception in your dealings with the Home Office or other government departments?

ksriramanarasimhan
Newly Registered

Post by ksriramanarasimhan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:34 pm

No, never. But is tax amendment considered as a deception? I amended the tax for 1 year. 2013-14. Unfortunately I used the income from that period to extend my Tier 1 visa.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Tax amendments happen regularly, and will not have any bearing on naturalisation as long as you comply with the agreements you make with HMRC.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

virgotash

Post by virgotash » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:53 pm

You will be fine as far as you keep your commitments with HMRC. Don't over think.

ksriramanarasimhan
Newly Registered

Post by ksriramanarasimhan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Thanks everyone. Do I need to mention this particular tax amendment in the application?

virgotash

Post by virgotash » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:00 pm

As per my own understanding No. I think one member got his naturalisation last month who was in similar situation as you. I don't think he mentioned on his application. if you do a bit more research on previous posts probably up to 10 pages you will find it.

virgotash

Post by virgotash » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:04 pm

ksriramanarasimhan
Newly Registered

Post by ksriramanarasimhan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:19 am

Thank you very much for your help.