ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa (Exceptional Talent) - Application

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mspawar
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa (Exceptional Talent) - Application

Post by mspawar » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi Team,

How much time generally they take to make a decision about endorsement?

tyty123
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Visa (Exceptional Talent) - Application

Post by tyty123 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:50 am

It normally takes 8 weeks. Have you applied through fast track?

KingEddy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by KingEddy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:03 am

Hello guys,

I'm new here and I just need answers to some questions regarding the tech nation exceptional talent visa fast track option.

1. Am I to make the application on the tech city website or the home office website
2. I'm finding it difficult to know the 10 supporting documents to submit. I know I have to submit two recommendation letters, my CV. Am I to submit the original of my credentials or just the photocopy. Am I also to submit papers I have presented in conferences and original of proposals of apps I have helped my various employers developed.
3. Am I to immediately send these documents to the home office or wait after Tech city has endorsed me before I send the documents
4. Do I just apply on the tech city website, print out what I have applied and send to the home office along with my documents or am I to apply for stage one again on the home office website.

I know the questions are many bit please I will be grateful if someone answers them

Thank you

mspawar
Newly Registered

Post by mspawar » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:05 am

PFB my timelines:

1) 7th Jul - Started my online application on technationvisa.com
2) 17th Jul - Started application on visas-immigration.service.gov.uk
3) 01st August - Submitted online application for endorsement
4) 01st August - Shipped application kit and documents from Pune, India using FedEx
5) 03rd August - Received email from Home Office stating they have received application in Home Office, Sheffield. They referred application to TechCity immediately.

---- wait --- wait --- wait --- wait---

6) 23rd August - Received email from TechCity with endorsement letter
7) 24th Aug - Started and submitted online Phase 2 VISA application (visa4uk.fco.gov.uk)
8) 29th Aug - Visa appointment (biometric and document scanning). Only passports were retained by VFS Global, Pune India (I opted for standard package instead of priority/super priority)
9) 29th Aug - SMS from VFS Global stating they have forwarded my application to UKVI
10) 05 Sep - Email from UK Decision Making Centre stating they have received my online application

---- wait --- wait --- wait --- wait---

11) 13th Sep - I called their number for status. Ans: It's been discussed
12) 15th Sep - Received email from UK Decision Making Centre - stating there could be delay

---- painful wait ---- painful wait ---- painful wait ---- painful wait

13) 19th Sep - I called their number for status. Ans: It's been discussed
14) 20th Sep - SMS and email from VFS that hey have received processed application
15) 21st Sep - DTDC courier arrived
16) Decision - Visa granted for 5 years and 4 months. Passport stamped for 30 days.
I now need to travel to UK within that 30 days to collect BRP

mspawar
Newly Registered

Post by mspawar » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:23 am

tyty123 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:50 am
It normally takes 8 weeks. Have you applied through fast track?
Thanks. I have been waiting since long time. Finally I have been granted this Visa.