ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa application delay experiences

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mjaan

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by mjaan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:09 am

Guys I got an email that the process visa application is recieved at UK visa application centre on 15/09 .
I know this means that the case is processed but i wanted to know how long it takes before vfs would contact me for collection , keeping in mind that today is Friday and we have weekend ahead.

nabeelhussain92

Post by nabeelhussain92 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:14 am

mjaan wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:09 am
Guys I got an email that the process visa application is recieved at UK visa application centre on 15/09 .
I know this means that the case is processed but i wanted to know how long it takes before vfs would contact me for collection , keeping in mind that today is Friday and we have weekend ahead.
This means they are asking you to come and collect your passport from VFS.

This is your collection email. Which city did you apply from?

mohsinsfc
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohsinsfc » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:20 am

mjaan wrote:
Can you share your timeline

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:25 am

nabeelhussain92 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:14 am
mjaan wrote:
This means they are asking you to come and collect your passport from VFS.

This is your collection email. Which city did you apply from?
Application centre Islamabad
Biometrics 11/07
Acknowldgement email 15/07

Gee708
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Gee708 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:33 am

My timeline from Nigeria.

August 4- online application

August 8- biometrics and interview

August 9- Application Received by UK Visas & Immigration

August 25- application has not been straightforward

August 30- email for a second interview for 1st of September

August 31- call for second interview which was supposed to be the next day.

September 02- unfortunately decision can't be made in 15 days email.

Standard Application.

Maldv
Maldives

Post by Maldv » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:44 am

@Bolivar did you get message to collect passport?? Ukvi told decision is made but vfs didn't contact yet :(

Sushant69
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sushant69 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:49 am

Can someone help us unlucky ones their approx timelines after the extra documents are requested.

17th July : Biometrics
27th July : eCO mail
31 August : Cas used
Course start date : 11th Sept now extended by uni to oct 2nd.
Request to Submit birth certificate : 14th Sept

I just can't sleep. Anyone with similar experience.
Any expectations? Will I be able to make it? This is so unfair- if they wanted some documents why they asked after two months?

Maldv
Maldives

Post by Maldv » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:50 am

Someone you could pls provide me assistance. Decision was made yesterday, how long do you think before vfs will contact me? Extremely anxious.

Maldv
Maldives

Post by Maldv » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:52 am

@sushant69 you will make it. It means that they are working on your application. Many are getting now. Just a matter of time. But you will make it.

AMS9324
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by AMS9324 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:48 am

Just got an email from Sheffield a while ago saying

"Thank you for your enquiry

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we are unable to make a decision on your application within our usual timescale.
Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your application and that your passport is ready to be collected. Staff at the visa application centres or contact centres have no influence on cases and cannot provide any further advice so we recommend you do not attend or call the contact centre.
We understand this will be frustrating to you and regret any inconvenience caused.
I can see that you have missed your induction week and have asked the appropriate entry clearance team if it is possible to complete your assessment
Thank you for your understanding.
If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
FRG

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

Since it's from Sheffield and not the enquiry service, hopefully I'll get a decision soon

jayadamsara
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by jayadamsara » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:23 pm

Did the UKVI took maximum 15 days to process the visa for sri lankans or did they take more than dat ? I applied for priority service ?

Rathodpr
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rathodpr » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:24 pm

Maldv wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:50 am
Someone you could pls provide me assistance. Decision was made yesterday, how long do you think before vfs will contact me? Extremely anxious.
I also calles the UKVI n i was told the decision was made yesterday. Please let us know how long it takes to get the passport after this?

jayadamsara
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by jayadamsara » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:28 pm

AMS9324 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:48 am

Due to it being our busiest period, I am afraid we are unable to make a decision on your application within our usual timescale.
Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre until you have received written confirmation that a decision has been made on your application and that your passport is ready to be collected. Staff at the visa application centres or contact centres have no influence on cases and cannot provide any further advice so we recommend you do not attend or call the contact centre.
We understand this will be frustrating to you and regret any inconvenience caused.
I can see that you have missed your induction week and have asked the appropriate entry clearance team if it is possible to complete your assessment

Kind Regards
FRG

www.GOV.UK

Since it's from Sheffield and not the enquiry service, hopefully I'll get a decision soon
Hi , can you tell me when did u apply for visa ? , Im from SL too and they said they will take 15 days to process my visa, I applied for priority service.

AMS9324
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by AMS9324 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:32 pm

jayadamsara wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:28 pm
AMS9324 wrote:

Kind Regards
FRG

www.GOV.UK

Hi , can you tell me when did u apply for visa ? , Im from SL too and they said they will take 15 days to process my visa, I applied for priority service.
Hi, well I had my biometrics on the 7th of July and it's been so long. But a few of my friends and a few others on the forum got their decisions starting from last Friday. When did you apply?

jayadamsara
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by jayadamsara » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:37 pm

AMS9324 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:32 pm
jayadamsara wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:28 pm
AMS9324 wrote:

Kind Regards
FRG

www.GOV.UK

Hi, well I had my biometrics on the 7th of July and it's been so long. But a few of my friends and a few others on the forum got their decisions starting from last Friday. When did you apply?
29th Aug, I called them and they said they have extended priority processing for 15 working days... Ive already gone 13 working days :( !! But Im not sure whether they will give it by 19th Sep which is 15 working days for me .. My course start date is 25th and I dont know what to do :(

Maldv
Maldives

Post by Maldv » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Guys I just received the following email from my uni:

Thank you for your email, I am responding on behalf of xxxxx. I have checked the application for the requested student and can confirm that the students visa has now been issued as of the 13/09/2017. The student should receive correspondence shortly with regards to the collection of their documents.

Does it mean that my visa is granted???? I cannot believe it I need confirmation :o

Irysik
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by Irysik » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Hey, everyone, who is still here and waiting for their permits. I have good news, I collected my passport this morning with a permit in it:)
The decision was made on August 16th, the arrival day in the permit - 11 September; passport arrived yesterday. More than 4 weeks I have been waiting for the docs to be returned. I hope that I am the only one with such period of wait. I hope that July applicants are processed or almost been processed.
My school started on September 11th, received the extension till 25th... it is time to speed up:)
Wishing everyone to get their docs ASAP!
... and personal THANK YOU for the moderator and whoever made this forum - it helped me during those sleepless nights searching for the info on the process.
Good luck to everyone!!!

nabeelhussain92

Post by nabeelhussain92 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:05 pm

I applied for my UK Tier 4 General Student visa from Karachi Pakistan.

Timeline:
24th July: Online Application
27th July: Biometrics/Interview/Documents Scanning
4th August: Email from Shefo; Application received at UKVI and is being prepared for consideration by ECO.
18th August: Email from Shefo; Sorry we couldn't make a decision in 15 working days and it will take longer.
04th September: Called UKVI for the first time and they escalated the case.

Called UKVI several times and contacted my university too. Always got a reply saying that your case has been escalated.

13th September: Email from Shefo: The decision has been despatched to the UKVI office on 13th Sep and you will soon be contacted by the VAC.
15th Sep: Email and sms from VAC at around 3pm to collect my passport.
15th Sep: Collected my passport with the visa Alhamdulillah

Course start date: 18th September

nadiaslsbl
Indonesia

Post by nadiaslsbl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:27 pm

nabeelhussain92 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Timeline:
4th August: Email from Shefo; Application received at UKVI and is being prepared for consideration by ECO.
18th August: Email from Shefo; Sorry we couldn't make a decision in 15 working days and it will take longer.

Called UKVI several times and contacted my university too. Always got a reply saying that your case has been escalated.

13th September: Email from Shefo: The decision has been despatched to the UKVI office on 13th Sep and you will soon be contacted by the VAC.

Congratulations!!! btw, did you receive a not straightforward email?

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Maldv wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Thank you for your email, I am responding on behalf of xxxxx. I have checked the application for the requested student and can confirm that the students visa has now been issued as of the 13/09/2017. The student should receive correspondence shortly with regards to the collection of their documents.

Does it mean that my visa is granted???? I cannot believe it I need confirmation :o
Your university have clearly mentioned that the student visa has been issued which definitely means granted. What kind of confirmation you need?

nabeelhussain92

Post by nabeelhussain92 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:51 pm

nadiaslsbl wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:27 pm
nabeelhussain92 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Timeline:

Congratulations!!! btw, did you receive a not straightforward email?
No!
no more emails or calls. Only what I have mentioned.

khozam

Post by khozam » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:45 pm

At last some news for me.

My case has been decided today. I called UKVI and they told me about this.

Can anyone tel me whether UKVI can tell the visa decision (granted/rejected) on phone?

Well I am hopeful to collect passport in coming week - Fingers crossed now..!!

Desmondang62
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Desmondang62 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:56 pm

sewanlewan wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:51 am
Desmondang62 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:51 am
My timeline from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia (Priority service)

August 16 - Online Application

August 18 - Biometrics and Interview

August 18 - ECO email under consideration

August 29 - Do enquiry about status of visa application which shows under processing

September 7 - Phone call from VFS global asking for redoing biometric

September 14 - Email asking for my TB test certificate (even if I already gave it during scanning)

I have missed my course start date on 11th September and my latest arrival date is 27th Sep. I'm really depressed by the inefficiency of the visa application process.
I have the exact same time line as you except it was standard, same interview date as well. I also received an email last week asking for my TB certificate even if I already submitted it. Have you tried calling them recently and asking about your visa status?

I have made a phone call at afternoon today and they gave a standardised answer that my application is still under processing.

richieclear
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by richieclear » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:19 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:43 pm
Maldv wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Your university have clearly mentioned that the student visa has been issued which definitely means granted. What kind of confirmation you need?
Sam, at long last..... hmmmmm. Happy for you. can u give us the breakdown, when u did your bios and stuff. i should be getting mine then. :lol:

iqra Aziz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by iqra Aziz » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:37 pm

anyone who applied b/w 6-9 august???