ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr approved after 9 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

marcnath

Re: Final Tire 1 Ent ILR documents list

Post by marcnath » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:00 am

The most important thing in the mail you received from UKVI is

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material.

As i set out in my last response, I agree with Zimba in that you can apply for ILR 28 days before 15/10. No disputes on that.

The link Zimba provided clearly says that is the only required condition for a successful application. The email you received says otherwise.

I personally agree with the newer letter.

Applying for ILR when the existing visa does not cover the full 5 year period carries a very small risk. If the CW processes your application before the 15th, they would have to reject the application as you only complete 5 years of lawful stay on the 15th, as per my reading of the immigration rules.

It is highly unlikely the application will be processed that fast so I would not worry about it, but as the UKVI letter said - you need to know about it and it is your responsibility.

If I were in your place, I would do what I said in my last post. Apply for ILR closer to the visa expiry date and delay the biometrics to make as sure as possible that my application will not be processed before the 15th. It does not eliminate the risk but makes it almost zero.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:51 am

If I were in UKVI, probably I would also officially advise OP to apply for extension as OP is not completing 5Y but as an applicant I was on the exact same situation and never thought (still do not think) that there was any chance to refuse on this ground.

T1G guaranteed: 23-06-2011
extension (2013) with expiry date: 13-06-2016 (applied around 24 days before expiry but decision made within 2 weeks, so was short for 10 days for 5Y).
Applied for ILR- 01-06-2016 (same day service and approved).
I believe anything below 28 days is fine (extension application is must only if the shortfall is more than 28 days).

luqmanzaheer

Post by luqmanzaheer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:41 am

Thanks guys for all of your feedback

I agree you all and this makes sense after my current leave expire on 07/10/17 section 3c starts which obviously will starch my current leave until decision. So by this Yes I am sure i am eligible for ILR application I am going a head for that on the date of 29/09/2017 just before expiry of my current leave and for safer side i will try to give BIO metric after or close to 15/10/17 so will see what happen. Hopefully will get positive response thanks guys you guys are real starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

luqmanzaheer

Post by luqmanzaheer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:05 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:00 am
The most important thing in the mail you received from UKVI is

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material.

As i set out in my last response, I agree with Zimba in that you can apply for ILR 28 days before 15/10. No disputes on that.

The link Zimba provided clearly says that is the only required condition for a successful application. The email you received says otherwise.

I personally agree with the newer letter.

Applying for ILR when the existing visa does not cover the full 5 year period carries a very small risk. [u]If the CW processes your application before the 15th[/u], they would have to reject the application as you only complete 5 years of lawful stay on the 15th, as per my reading of the immigration rules.
Dear as you are answering your own feed back section 3c covers me after current leave expire then on what basis CW can refuse me ? lets assume i sent application in time and my current leave expire and now 3c kick start i am still "holding same status" and me leave is valid and immigration rules says you can apply ILR 28 before reaching 5 years? how and on what grounds CW can refuse I am not understanding your this point?
It is highly unlikely the application will be processed that fast so I would not worry about it, but as the UKVI letter said - you need to know about it and it is your responsibility.

If I were in your place, I would do what I said in my last post. Apply for ILR closer to the visa expiry date and delay the biometrics to make as sure as possible that my application will not be processed before the 15th. It does not eliminate the risk but makes it almost zero.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:13 pm

luqmanzaheer wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:05 pm
marcnath wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:00 am

Applying for ILR when the existing visa does not cover the full 5 year period carries a very small risk. [u]If the CW processes your application before the 15th[/u], they would have to reject the application as you only complete 5 years of lawful stay on the 15th, as per my reading of the immigration rules.
Dear as you are answering your own feed back section 3c covers me after current leave expire then on what basis CW can refuse me ? lets assume i sent application in time and my current leave expire and now 3c kick start i am still "holding same status" and me leave is valid and immigration rules says you can apply ILR 28 before reaching 5 years? how and on what grounds CW can refuse I am not understanding your this point?
I'll admit I am not very sure about this myself. It can be confusing even to me as I think about it. The challenge is that the immigration rules require you to have 5 years of valid leave. Section 3C gives you valid leave day by day. So on the 10th of October, for example, you have valid leave only until 10th. On 12th, you have valid leave until 12th. But you need valid leave until the 15th to be eligible for ILR. And, in your case, that happens only on the 15th.
That is my interpretation which may still be wrong.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:35 am

Hi
Did you ultimately go for extension?

luqmanzaheer

Post by luqmanzaheer » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:26 pm

sm12 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:35 am
Hi
Did you ultimately go for extension?
Ya I am going for ILR because I think section 3c will cover this 7 days shortfall

luqmanzaheer

need help i am very confuse

Post by luqmanzaheer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Dear friends;
I sent my ILR application under Tire 1 ent 6 moth ago with my wife as dependent. I am still waiting for decision and i need to travel next month for business meeting i dont know how i can get decision before this date. i got one option WHICH is 10 year long residency
but how i can vary this what is procedure because i dont have passports how i can fill form without passport information?
what about my wife application? what kind of form do i need to fill for her flrm or flr(fp) do i need to fullfill any income criteria for my wife visa? am i able to get visa same time when i get ilr?
please help me i am very confuse

seasky
BANNED

Re: need help i am very confuse

Post by seasky » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:22 pm

You are unfortunately fallen in the trap of T1e that does not allow travel in extension or ILR, if that was a two week process one could manage but we see often one year processes. Many business export and other international activities (that is good for the UK!) and need a lot of travel so a complete illogical fallacy of the t1e route (I did not read anywhere that it is meant for only local businesses)

I assume you mean vary to ILR(LR) and do it in premium route and will leave others to answer as I have no experience in LR. I will just say this that I managed to get my ILR in 4 weeks by pushing my DIT contacts so if you do a lot of international trade consider that.

marcnath

Re: need help i am very confuse

Post by marcnath » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:42 pm

luqmanzaheer wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:11 pm
Dear friends;
I sent my ILR application under Tire 1 ent 6 moth ago with my wife as dependent. I am still waiting for decision and i need to travel next month for business meeting i dont know how i can get decision before this date. i got one option WHICH is 10 year long residency
but how i can vary this what is procedure because i dont have passports how i can fill form without passport information?
what about my wife application? what kind of form do i need to fill for her flrm or flr(fp) do i need to fullfill any income criteria for my wife visa? am i able to get visa same time when i get ilr?
please help me i am very confuse
As seasky pointed out, you can request for expedited processing. Send in a request with documentation of the business meeting - customer letters, conference details, etc. If you can get organisation such as DIT to support, that helps (you need to have had a relationship with them)
There are number of posts in this forum on people who have varied their application to ILR(LR). In almost all the cases, they did not make the decision on the same day. The applicants went back it took weeks to get the decision anyway.
Here are some examples:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/variied-tier ... 49866.html
indefinite-leave-to-remain/vary-entrepr ... 70-40.html
indefinite-leave-to-remain/switched-to- ... 45656.html

luqmanzaheer

Ilr approved after 9 months

Post by luqmanzaheer » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Just like to Thank first Allah and after to this forum and it's members for valued information I found here. I received my brp today and hopefuly will receive dependents brp and documents by tomorrow. Thanks guys

regularuser
India

Re: Ilr approved after 9 months

Post by regularuser » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:07 pm

Congratulations

Did you receive ILR under Tier 1 Ent or ILR LR ?

luqmanzaheer

Re: Ilr approved after 9 months

Post by luqmanzaheer » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:48 pm

Under tire 1 ent 50000 route