ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 investment Transfer to UK account

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Msh1234
Newly Registered
Iran

Tier 1 investment Transfer to UK account

Post by Msh1234 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:29 pm

Hello.

I just got Tier 1 200k visa and moved to UK.

Do I must transfer 200k from same account that my application approved?

What is matter at time of Extension about transfer funds to my UK account?

Reason is that I am Iranian and there is not possibility to transfer money direct from Iran to UK account.
However some exchange company in Uk doing tranfer legaly but from third party accounts.
Eg. From iran to Europe and from Europe to Uk .

Please Advice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 investment Transfer to UK account

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:42 pm

Not really. Open a personal bank account in the UK and bring your funds here first (via exchange, etc)
Then from your personal account, transfer it to your business account to invest
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Msh1234
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Msh1234 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:47 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:42 pm
them
Thanks for advice

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:04 am

Msh1234 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:29 pm
Hello.

Reason is that I am Iranian and there is not possibility to transfer money direct from Iran to UK account.
However some exchange company in Uk doing tranfer legaly but from third party accounts.

Please Advice.
As Zimba pointed out, there is no requirement that the money has to be from the same account.

However, I am curious. There is a requirement for the initial application that Rules.
- If you are making a fresh investment, and the money is not held in the UK, all of the funds required must be freely transferable to the UK and able to be converted to pounds sterling.

If the funds cannot be easily transferred now, how did you satisfy the above requirement ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Msh1234
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Msh1234 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:25 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:04 am
Msh1234 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:29 pm
Hello.

Please Advice.
As Zimba pointed out, there is no requirement that the money has to be from the same account.

However, I am curious. There is a requirement for the initial application that Rules.
- If you are making a fresh investment, and the money is not held in the UK, all of the funds required must be freely transferable to the UK and able to be converted to pounds sterling.

If the funds cannot be easily transferred now, how did you satisfy the above requirement?
Because the Banks in Iran doesn't have problem to transfer, however, banks in the UK do not accept direct transfer from Iran into the UK

Msh1234
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Msh1234 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Msh1234 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:47 pm
zimba88 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:42 pm
them
Thanks for advice
If exchange company transfer the cash into my Personal UK account. Do I need in advance contact HMRC or any related department? to have proof in future extension?

thank you

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi. Before transferring the money, let your bank knows that the money comes to your account from Dubai or any other accounts. Sometimes bank will be suspicious about the transfers and will not allow any transfer to or from account. It is better to let them know in writting. I am not sure about hmrc but I do not think so.

Msh1234
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Msh1234 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:15 am

zamaha wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:50 pm
Hi. Before transferring the money, let your bank knows that the money comes to your account from Dubai or any other accounts. Sometimes the bank will be suspicious about the transfers and will not allow any transfer to or from the account. It is better to let them know in writing. I am not sure about HMRC but I do not think so.
D
Here bank having no issue to receive money from Dubai, however from Dubai you cannot transfer cash under Iranian nationality.

I want to know that for Extension what kind of bank proof is required.
is that ok we transfer money under someone else into the UK than from that person to My personal Accounts? then to Company account

Tinu29
Newly Registered

Post by Tinu29 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:27 am

Hi , can you please share your application time line ?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:47 pm

At extension, you need to provide evidence of transfer from your personal account to business account. There is no need to show the money coming into your personal account
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Msh1234
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Msh1234 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:29 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:47 pm
At extension, you need to provide evidence of transfer from your personal account to business account. There is no need to show the money coming into your personal account
Ya others as well told me the same . Just need to go to the bank again and inform them about the cash which will be transferred into my account.

thx

Msh1234
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Msh1234 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Tinu29 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:27 am
Hi , can you please share your application time line ?
Just got my brp. had interview mid of May 2017. DEcision made mid of June. from Dubai Vfs center.

my first interview refused but second new application approved.