ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking advice for delay on citizenship application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iamok
Ireland

Re: Seeking advice for delay on citizenship application

Post by iamok » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:59 am

I think guys you are right. If we will get the approval for October then it has to be in the next 2 weeks at max otherwise we wait for the next ceremony. I am going to be skeptical and say the next ceremony would be in 2018 (I hope I am wrong!)

But I really do hope we all hear something in the next 2 week. It has been a long wait and I am mentally preparing myself for a longer wait now. Let's see how it goes!

Tatalo
Ireland

Post by Tatalo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:06 am

iamok wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:59 am
I think guys you are right. If we will get the approval for October then it has to be in the next 2 weeks at max otherwise we wait for the next ceremony. I am going to be skeptical and say the next ceremony would be in 2018 (I hope I am wrong!)

But I really do hope we all hear something in the next 2 week. It has been a long wait and I am mentally preparing myself for a longer wait now. Let's see how it goes!
Yeah, let's hope for the best! I personally think that they will have one extra ceremony this year. And I hope I'm right haha.

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:12 am

Tatalo wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:06 am
iamok wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:59 am

Yeah, let's hope for the best! I personally think that they will have one extra ceremony this year. And I hope I'm right haha.
I hope you are right too but I first hope that we all get approvals for October! :D

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:43 pm

OK guys. There is an important update for those who applied based on Irish Associations but they applied before 5 years of residency.

I applied based on Irish Associations (my son is Irish) after 4 years. As per law Minister can waive, at their absolute discretion, two years of residency requirement. I applied on 15 August 2016 and received 2nd stage letter in June 2017. I called them yesterday and I came to know that my application was sitting there and no proceedings are in progress as any application submitted before 5 years residency usually takes 2-3 years to be processed. So they will look at my application when the work load is decreased. Applications submitted after full residency requirements met (5 years normal and 3 years Irish Spouse) will get precedence.

So a bit of advice for all those who intend to apply based on Irish Associations but residency is less than 5 years to think twice before applying for naturalisation.

Thx

omarel
Palestine

Post by omarel » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:18 am

amwaraich wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:43 pm
OK guys. There is an important update for those who applied based on Irish Associations but they applied before 5 years of residency.

I applied based on Irish Associations (my son is Irish) after 4 years. As per law Minister can waive, at their absolute discretion, two years of residency requirement. I applied on 15 August 2016 and received 2nd stage letter in June 2017. I called them yesterday and I came to know that my application was sitting there and no proceedings are in progress as any application submitted before 5 years residency usually takes 2-3 years to be processed. So they will look at my application when the work load is decreased. Applications submitted after full residency requirements met (5 years normal and 3 years Irish Spouse) will get precedence.

So a bit of advice for all those who intend to apply based on Irish Associations but residency is less than 5 years to think twice before applying for naturalisation.

Thx
The fact that you called them and they actually picked up the line or you didn't hear "Sorry, the number you've dialled does not exist" is indeed interesting!

Did you call one of these numbers below?

Phone: +353 62 32500
LoCall: 1890 252 854

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:08 am

omarel wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:18 am

The fact that you called them and they actually picked up the line or you didn't hear "Sorry, the number you've dialled does not exist" is indeed interesting!

Did you call one of these numbers below?

Phone: +353 62 32500
LoCall: 1890 252 854
It is interesting indeed. I had been on my phone for more than 1 hour dialling over and over again until it was answered. You need to be extremely patient during this process. On 90% tries I heard busy tone and only 10% it actually rang but still no answer. But I never heard "Sorry, the number you've dialled does not exist".

I dialled +353 62 32500.

omarel
Palestine

Post by omarel » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:40 am

Nothing in the mailbox yet :( anyone else applied before Oct 2016 having same issue?!

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:43 am

omarel wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:40 am
Nothing in the mailbox yet :( anyone else applied before Oct 2016 having same issue?!

Received nothing as well, applied in Aug 2016. it looks that processing is so quick for some applicants and it is very very slow for others. I saw that some members applied last June and got approval for next ceremony.

nukes
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nukes » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Well I hope things are quicker in 2-3 years when I try.

quote=amwaraich post_id=1527909 time=1504107798 user_id=147945]

Thx
[/quote]

Tatalo
Ireland

Post by Tatalo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:18 am

Guys, a quick update. I have received my approval. Early September .
Applied in early November , based on 5 years residency non-eu.

Good luck everyone!

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:57 am

Hi All - Just a quick update. I got the approval letter today. Very happy! Below is my final timeline:

Application Based On: 5 years residence
Applied: October 2016
Acknowledgement: November 2016
Second stage letter: March 2017
Approval received on: 14 September 2017
Citizenship ceremony invitation: TBC

Best of luck to everyone waiting and thanks for all the support and updates.

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:10 am

Tatalo wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:18 am
Guys, a quick update. I have received my approval. Early September .
Applied in early November , based on 5 years residency non-eu.

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations! :)

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:57 pm

Congratulations for you both@Tatalo and iamok

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:02 am

Any update/s from you @syjem?
What's your current nationality, if I may ask?

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:57 am

My time line
Applied: September 2015 based on spouse of Irish
Thr was mix up in my application and thy claimed that we were not married 3 years at the time of application which is incorrect.
Recived a letter: April 2017 had to re apply

Applied: 4th may 2017
Recived a acknowledgedment and return of passport, and they requested more documents: 20th May
Sent of all documents:4th June.
Recived a letter requesting additional document: 29th June
Sent back all documents 18th July.
Haven't heard from them since not even an acknowledgement letter but got confirmation by phone that thy recieved the documents.
I called Thursday to see what was happening with my application. Was told a letter was sent out "yesterday" which was Wednesday.
Still haven't recieved that letter
??????
Anyone any advice?

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Post by chels » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:39 am

Cz2015 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:57 am
My time line
Thr was mix up in my application and thy claimed that we were not married 3 years at the time of application which is incorrect.

Recived a acknowledgedment and return of passport, and they requested more documents: 20th May
Haven't heard from them since not even an acknowledgement letter but got confirmation by phone that thy recieved the documents.
I called Thursday to see what was happening with my application. Was told a letter was sent out "yesterday" which was Wednesday.
??????
Anyone any advice?
I recently had a letter from INIS dated the 7th of September (a Friday) which I received in my post box on the 12th (a Wednesday) so I think you will likely receive your letter in the next day or so (slow Irish postal service). The letter I received was my 2nd stage letter (applied January 2017) and I haven't received an approval letter yet but I am still hopeful that my happen in time for the ceremony as I've noticed a few people getting 2nd and approval letters very close together! Best of luck!

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:50 am

chels wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:39 am
Cz2015 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:57 am
My time line

??????
Anyone any advice?
I recently had a letter from INIS dated the 7th of September (a Friday) which I received in my post box on the 12th (a Wednesday) so I think you will likely receive your letter in the next day or so (slow Irish postal service). The letter I received was my 2nd stage letter (applied January 2017) and I haven't received an approval letter yet but I am still hopeful that my happen in time for the ceremony as I've noticed a few people getting 2nd and approval letters very close together! Best of luck!

Thank you for the reassurance hopefully I get it tomorrow. Best of lucky hopefully you're approval is on it way ☺️

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:27 pm

hey
did any body receive any update from citz office?

oct2016
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by oct2016 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:22 pm

i applied october 2016 and received second stage letter febraury 2017. i called today and they said your file has been prepared for minister and waiting his decision but no time frame and no guarantee for next ceremony. any idea please?????

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:01 am

oct2016 can you tell us what category under you applied I-e are you Eu citz, spouse of Irish Citz, work permit or spouse of Eu Citz

oct2016
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by oct2016 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 am

spouse of irish citz got my second stage in feb as well. any advice ?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:31 am

well no one can predict although if its submitted to the minister strong possibility that you may be included in the oct ceremony.

oct2016
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by oct2016 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Mal111 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:31 am
well no one can predict although if its submitted to the minister strong possibility that you may be included in the oct ceremony.
ya for sure. they told me in june that it is prepared for submission and yesterday they said it has been prepared and waiting decision. its such a bezzare system.
btw any one applied in october and waiting decision ?

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Post by chels » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:50 pm

oct2016 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 pm
Mal111 wrote:
ya for sure. they told me in june that it is prepared for submission and yesterday they said it has been prepared and waiting decision. its such a bezzare system.
Sounds like the advanced stage to me - I sure hope you get your approval letter any day now and make it to the ceremony, you really have been waiting a while!

(Also I am hopeful because if you get approval then it would mean they're still sending out approvals this close to the ceremony which would be great news as I was starting to think the approval run was finished for this ceremony)

oct2016
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by oct2016 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:26 pm

chels wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:50 pm
oct2016 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 pm
Mal111 wrote:
Sounds like the advanced stage to me - I sure hope you get your approval letter any day now and make it to the ceremony, you really have been waiting a while!

(Also I am hopeful because if you get approval then it would mean they're still sending out approvals this close to the ceremony which would be great news as I was starting to think the approval run was finished for this ceremony)
i think once its in advanced stage, it means its ready for ministerial decsion but when the decision is out its never known. the woman told me that it is not guranteed i will get decision before cermony but my gut tells me that will be one last batch of approval coming out next week. keep the fingers crossed frndz!