ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received no Emails After Posting Application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RedTapeIsBad
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Received no Emails After Posting Application

Post by RedTapeIsBad » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:43 am

Hey guys,

I am a Tier 4 priority applicant applying from NZ. I did my biometrics last Wednesday and posted my supporting documents on the same day and the post tracking says that my passport and docs were sent to the address on Thursday.

However, I have received no email or anything from anyone since those days. I mentioned in my application that my travel date to go to the UK is the 25th of September, next Monday. Taking into account that my application is a priority one, do you think it will be possible for me to receive my documents by Friday?
Is it normal to not receive any emails?

Thanks

123qwerty
Newly Registered
Singapore

Re: Received no Emails After Posting Application

Post by 123qwerty » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:14 pm

You should receive an email to say that your application is under consideration by an ECO. It's likely to come from Shefo. Alternatively, call your Uni and check on the application status.

Given that I've been waiting on priority service since 14th August...but every case is different, and it's from a different country after all.

Fingers crossed, hope you'll get your visa soon.

RedTapeIsBad
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by RedTapeIsBad » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:12 am

123qwerty wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:14 pm
You should receive an email to say that your application is under consideration by an ECO. It's likely to come from Shefo. Alternatively, call your Uni and check on the application status.

Given that I've been waiting on priority service since 14th August...but every case is different, and it's from a different country after all.

Fingers crossed, hope you'll get your visa soon.
Wow, I wonder what is taking so long. And are you sure that my uni will have info on my visa that I won't have? Won't they be just as clueless?

And do you know what is dragging your application? Surely they should get a move on since uni is literally starting in a few days for a lot of students!

frodo25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by frodo25 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:55 am

you should contact ukvi and ask them about this.

my dates:

15th sept: submitted application and biometrics
15th sept: application despatch confirmation message
18th sept: email from ukvi that my application is being prepared for consideration

my application is standard. my uni starts on 25th sept and my university has informed me that i can join at most by the 13th of october.

RedTapeIsBad
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by RedTapeIsBad » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am

frodo25 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:55 am
you should contact ukvi and ask them about this.

my dates:

15th sept: submitted application and biometrics
15th sept: application despatch confirmation message
18th sept: email from ukvi that my application is being prepared for consideration

my application is standard. my uni starts on 25th sept and my university has informed me that i can join at most by the 13th of october.
Thanks for the advice. I called them up and they said that it is still awaiting a decision.

As for why I didn't get an email, I'm guessing it could have something to do with the fact that New Zealand is so small so maybe they cut some corners here and there when undertaking NZ applications.

Good luck with yours!