ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second Interview

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kingkhann
Newly Registered

Second Interview

Post by kingkhann » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:46 pm

Today I got email for Non-straightforward case, after an hour i got an email for second interview schedule for friday. They have called me twice but i have missed as my cell was on charge.

Can anyone please advice, is this a bad sign? Did anyone get visa on second interview?

What sort of questions they can ask?

In the email they mentioned that "ECO will have conducted background checks and reviewed all the documents. and will give you the opportunity to explain why any discrepancies or provide further information in the form of the interview"

Please advice, I am worrying now.... in tense

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Re: Second Interview

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:28 pm

kingkhann wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:46 pm
Today I got email for Non-straightforward case, after an hour i got an email for second interview schedule for friday. They have called me twice but i have missed as my cell was on charge.

Can anyone please advice, is this a bad sign? Did anyone get visa on second interview?

In the email they mentioned that "ECO will have conducted background checks and reviewed all the documents. and will give you the opportunity to explain why any discrepancies or provide further information in the form of the interview"

same questions which was ask in first interview in detail.
why uk
why this course
why this uni
all names of modules
your previous education
gap between studies
what u been doing in those time period
living
where u gonna live
how far from uni
which bus goes to that uni
how much is the fare
financial
who's gonna fund you
what they do

try to answer all the uni questions yourself . Don't just say my friend study there and he told me and friend friend friend. Conduct your own background, why u choose this uni , modules , select modules that gonna help u focus on your career ahead. try to tell him the names with career plans.

GoodLuck

uskhan
Newly Registered

Post by uskhan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:59 am

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:28 pm
kingkhann wrote:

why uk
why this course
why this uni
all names of modules
your previous education
gap between studies
living
where u gonna live
how far from uni
how much is the fare
financial
who's gonna fund you
what they do

try to answer all the uni questions yourself . Don't just say my friend study there and he told me and friend friend friend. Conduct your own background, why u choose this uni , modules , select modules that gonna help u focus on your career ahead. try to tell him the names with career plans.

GoodLuck
Did they call you for second interview? how was it? Did you get your decision? and also when you get your decision after 2nd interview?

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:08 am

uskhan wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:59 am
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
kingkhann wrote:

why uk
why this course
why this uni
all names of modules
your previous education
gap between studies
living
where u gonna live
how far from uni
how much is the fare
financial
who's gonna fund you
what they do

GoodLuck
Did they call you for second interview? how was it? Did you get your decision? and also when you get your decision after 2nd interview?
No i wasn't called but my friends did n all got visas

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:44 am

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
why uk
why this course
why this uni
all names of modules
your previous education
gap between studies
living
where u gonna live
how far from uni
how much is the fare
financial
who's gonna fund you
what they do

GoodLuck
They asked same questions from my sister during her second interview on 7th September and she is still waiting for the visa while her classes start on 25th Sep.

Regards.

uskhan
Newly Registered

Post by uskhan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:35 am

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:08 am
uskhan wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
kingkhann wrote:

why uk
why this course
why this uni
all names of modules
your previous education
gap between studies
living
where u gonna live
how far from uni
how much is the fare
financial
who's gonna fund you
what they do

GoodLuck
I thought you mentioned somewhere that you get decision? Have you contacted your uni?

uskhan
Newly Registered

Post by uskhan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:36 am

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:08 am
uskhan wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
kingkhann wrote:

why uk
why this course
why this uni
all names of modules
your previous education
gap between studies
living
where u gonna live
how far from uni
how much is the fare
financial
who's gonna fund you
what they do

GoodLuck
How long yours friends second interview were? either its short interview 5-10min or long call 30-50min? and when they get decision after second interview?

uskhan
Newly Registered

Post by uskhan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:37 am

ashehzi wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:44 am
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
why uk
why this course
why this uni
all names of modules
your previous education
gap between studies
living
where u gonna live
how far from uni
how much is the fare
financial
who's gonna fund you
what they do

GoodLuck
They asked same questions from my sister during her second interview on 7th September and she is still waiting for the visa while her classes start on 25th Sep.

Regards.
How long second interview was? short interview 5-10min or detailed interview 30min++ ?

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:57 pm

uskhan wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:37 am
ashehzi wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
why uk
why this course
why this uni
all names of modules
your previous education
gap between studies
living
where u gonna live
how far from uni
how much is the fare
financial
who's gonna fund you
what they do

GoodLuck

Regards.
How long second interview was? short interview 5-10min or detailed interview 30min++ ?

30-40 mins interview. Visa after 3 weeks.

kingkhann
Newly Registered

Post by kingkhann » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:57 pm
uskhan wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:37 am
ashehzi wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
why uk
why this course
why this uni
all names of modules
your previous education
gap between studies
living
where u gonna live
how far from uni
how much is the fare
financial
who's gonna fund you
what they do

GoodLuck

Regards.

30-40 mins interview. Visa after 3 weeks.
Surprisingly, they scheduled interview for tomorrow and they called me today for the second interview. and it was 38 min long interview. It was sort of recap of first interview.

Most of the questions were exactly same as were asked in the first interview.
The only detail they asked was about my previous visa application history why refused UK visit visa and why you applied to other EU country? and when that visa was issued and what was the expiry date... etc and why you got that visa (nothing directly related to my UK Visa student visa). and also this time they were more specific and in detail like what's your Accommodation fees, how much is your current salary, what you will do once your visa expire. What's your father salary, where he work, and how many family member are dependent on him, your mother work?

Most of the questions were straight forward.

It all went v well, my last date to start course is 25 Sept as mentioned in CAS letter (tough today Uni has email and extended this date to 13 Oct due to genuine reason i.e. delay with UK visa process across the world). Let's hope i hear positive news!

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:56 pm

Have you all got your visa? Let me know pls thanks

NomanRafique
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by NomanRafique » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:29 pm

Hello guys I want to tell you all that I got my visa and 3 days ago and I'm planning to travel next week to the UK.Thank you so much guys.May you all will get your visas soon.

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:32 pm

kingkhann wrote:

Did you get the passport?

kingkhann
Newly Registered

Post by kingkhann » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:16 am

Razbi wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:32 pm
kingkhann wrote:

Did you get the passport?
Yes, this morning i got call from Gerry to collect passport and got my passport with VISA.

My Timeline:

Online Application: 20 July 2017
bio-metric: 26 July
Acknowledgement email: 3 August
After few calls for escalation, got non-straighforward email: 13 Sept
Got unexpected 2nd Interview call but I missed as cell was on charge and didn't notice the call
Got 2nd Interview email: 13 Sept (Same day as no straight forward email). 2nd Interview was scheduled for 15 sept
2nd Interview call: 14 Sept 2017 (it was scheduled for 15 Sept)
I gave call to UKVI on 16 Sept for update,they advised me that Decision being made and status updated on 15 Sept.
Got Call for passport collection: 19 Sept
Collect passpost on 19 and VISA GRANTED