ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependent visa help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dahlia21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Tier 4 dependent visa help

Post by Dahlia21 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Hi,
My husband has already applied and awaiting his Tier 4 visa( 1 year postgraduate masters) , i wanted to know exactly when should i apply as his dependent , should we wait until he travels and gets a tenancy agreement and a letter of enrollment or should i just apply when he gets his visa.
Also is it possible that my father sponsors me financially during my stay as a tier 4 dependent and if so he will write a letter stating that the money will be available to me and support it with a bank statement and an HR letter, giving that my father is not in the uk
the name on my father's bank statement is a bit different from the name on my father's passport regarding the spelling is it gonna be an issue? and if so is an affidavit of name good enough to fix it?
we are expecting the tier 4 visa within two weeks and the bank statement will be ready by Thursday 15/9 . is their any possibility for a refusal if i apply on 28/9 with the same bank statement issued on 15/9?
what are the necessary documents to prove our relationship we have a one year old son and we have been married for two years.
sorry for taking long, thank you in advance :D

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 dependent visa help

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:15 am

Dahlia21 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:30 pm
i wanted to know exactly when should i apply as his dependent , should we wait until he travels and gets a tenancy agreement and a letter of enrollment or should i just apply when he gets his visa.
Any time after he has his visa.
Dahlia21 wrote:
Also is it possible that my father sponsors me financially during my stay as a tier 4 dependent
No. Money must be in your name or the Tier 4 migrant's name.
Dahlia21 wrote:
what are the necessary documents to prove our relationship we have a one year old son and we have been married for two years.
Marriage certificate.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

mahbolla
Newly Registered

Post by mahbolla » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:12 am

Below are proofs we submitted for tier 4 dependent. We just received dependent visa today.My dependent applied a day after me.

1. Proofs for money available in dependent bank account for more than 28 days. Account statement with bank stamp and letter on bank letter head.

2. Marriage certificate, marriage photos, photos taken before and after marriage. Translation of our marriage invitation card and marriage card.

3. Travel tickets that we traveled together.

4. Dependent current job proofs -> Company offer letter, Job Certificate, 3 months pay slips.

5. Dependent TB Certificate.

6. Income Tax submission proofs for the past 2 years. ( dependent ).

7. Letter from main applicant to embassy .

8. Dependent cover letter.

9. Dependent study certificates.

10. Passport copy of main applicant.

Hope it is helpful..

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:24 pm

mahbolla wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:12 am
2. ... marriage photos, photos taken before and after marriage. Translation of our marriage invitation card and marriage card.

3. Travel tickets that we traveled together.

4. Dependent current job proofs -> Company offer letter, Job Certificate, 3 months pay slips.
6. Income Tax submission proofs for the past 2 years. ( dependent ).

7. Letter from main applicant to embassy .

8. Dependent cover letter.

9. Dependent study certificates.
None of these things are relevant.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Zaria
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaria » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:14 pm

I know a lot of students are facing issues with their visa delays. I applied for tier4 general student and my husband applied as my dependent on same day. Here is our case,
Course start date: 12th September 
Our application date :20 July
Our Biometrics and interview : 27 July
UKVI received our case : 4th August
I got my Application processed email: 21st August
I got my Tier 4 student visa : 29 August
So on 18 August my husband got email regarding delay in processing. 
We are still waiting for his decision. We called and emailed UKVI several times, they say your application has been escalated. 
My vignette sticker expires on 19th September. I can't travel alone. If I go alone before 19th and my husband's visa gets refused what will I do? In that case my university fee will not be refunded. There is no way i will stay in UK for a whole year or so without my husband. 
We are really disturbed and worried because of this whole process. Anyone else with same situation?  

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:26 am

Zaria wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:14 pm
If I go alone before 19th and my husband's visa gets refused what will I do? In that case my university fee will not be refunded. There is no way i will stay in UK for a whole year or so without my husband. 
We are really disturbed and worried because of this whole process. Anyone else with same situation?  
There is no reason to think his application will be refused. And even if it were, he could apply again.

Zaria
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaria » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:01 pm

Has this happened to anyone before? What are the chances his visa will be refused? Although our documentation is strong and we fulfilled all the requirements but still we have to be prepared for the worst. What is general ratio of student dependent visa refusals?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:11 pm

Zaria wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:01 pm
What are the chances his visa will be refused? Although our documentation is strong and we fulfilled all the requirements but still we have to be prepared for the worst.
Why are you thinking it will be refused?!
Zaria wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:01 pm
What is general ratio of student dependent visa refusals?
I think you have the wrong idea about how this works. There is no ratio, no quota of refusals, nor can a application be refused for no reason. If you meet the eligibility, you get the visa.

Zaria
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaria » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:14 pm

I get that there is no general quota or anything. It's just there is no way to be sure my husband will get a visa. And I have never traveled alone anywhere. What would you suggest in such situation?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:23 pm

Zaria wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:14 pm
It's just there is no way to be sure my husband will get a visa. And I have never traveled alone anywhere. What would you suggest in such situation?
I suggest that you stop creating problems where there are none, and relax.

Zaria
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zaria » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:27 pm

You don't understand. My vignette will expire on 19 September. If my husband's visa does not arrive in time, what should I do? Should I just go alone?? Why can't they just decide for student as well as dependent at same time?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:31 pm

Zaria wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:27 pm
You don't understand. My vignette will expire on 19 September. If my husband's visa does not arrive in time, what should I do? Should I just go alone?? Why can't they just decide for student as well as dependent at same time?
*If* that happened you could go alone with him following when he gets his visa, or you could postpone your travel until he gets his visa, if your course start date allows that. If you chose the latter, you would need to apply for another vignette, as explained here:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3915

Dahlia21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Dahlia21 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:34 am

so if it is not possible for my father to sponsor me for a tier 4 dependent visa can he write me a gift deed with the money being available to me if applicable?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Dahlia21 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:34 am
so if it is not possible for my father to sponsor me for a tier 4 dependent visa can he write me a gift deed with the money being available to me if applicable?
No. You are making it very complicated. He just needs to give you (or the Tier 4 migrant) this money upfront.

Dahlia21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Dahlia21 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:16 am

Thank you so much for your fast reply :) one last question (sorry for the amount of questions i have asked so far) But is the priority service available for a tier 4 dependent application from outside of the uk?
Thanks again :)

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:21 am

Dahlia21 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:16 am
Thank you so much for your fast reply :) one last question (sorry for the amount of questions i have asked so far) But is the priority service available for a tier 4 dependent application from outside of the uk?
Thanks again :)
Where you applied it from? Yes try to use priority service so your application will be put in the front of queue. You need to provide afidavit for the spelling mistake. I used this too because of my mum spelling mistake. Everyone said its important to give details (affidavit)

Dahlia21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Dahlia21 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:00 am

Thank you :D i will apply from Egypt , my husband's tier 4 application was priority but i read that the priority and premium services for tier 4 dependent is only within UK is it true?

Dahlia21
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Dahlia21 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:09 am

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:46 pm
Dahlia21 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:34 am
No. You are making it very complicated. He just needs to give you (or the Tier 4 migrant) this money upfront.
ok thank you very much he already gave us the money and it is in the tier 4 migrant's account we r currently in the 28 days waiting rule. but what about the source of the deposits we just made because my father gave us the money in cash and we deposited in the account? would they refuse me because of the unclear source?
sorry for the long questions :) you've been of great help
thanks in advance

Jkv1991
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jkv1991 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:10 pm

[hello sir,
My wife applied for January intake,for tier 4 dipendent wich one is good to apply for visa with same time with applicant or after she get visa. Plz reply me

hkbkn
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by hkbkn » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:50 pm

I already granted my visa, and I am in the UK now. I am a government sponsored student, and I got a letter of sponsorship. I want to use that letter as evidence of my dependant's maintenance requirement. My uni said it looks ok but it still can be a problem. They say letter should cleary state that some of the money is allocated to use of dependant.

This is my letter. Is it appropriate to get a dependant visa?

To Whom It May Concern

We are providing evidence of support in the form of financial guarantee, whose time period and amount is specified:

Name of Applicant: XX
Date of Birth: XX
His Husband: XX
Length of Sponsorship: 12 Months
Amount of Support: XX GBP

Note: Amount of support is enough for tuition fee+my maintenance requirement+my husband's maintenance requirement. Only doubt is that the letter doesn't clearly state that some of the money is allocated to my husband.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:55 pm

The requirement is explained in the immigration rules, Appendix E paragraph (n):

(n) If:
(i) the Relevant Points-Based System Migrant is a Tier 4 (General) Student who has official financial sponsorship ..., and
(ii) this sponsorship is intended to cover costs of the Relevant Points-Based System Migrant’s family member(s),
the applicant must provide a letter of confirmation from the Tier 4 (General) Student’s official financial sponsor which ... confirms that the sponsorship will cover costs of the applicant in addition to costs of the Relevant Points-Based System Migrant.

If you are not happy that your letter does this, I advise you ask your sponsor for a new letter that does.

hkbkn
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by hkbkn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:55 pm

We are married for 5 years and have a three year old son. We will submit an international marriage and birth certificate as evidence. My university advisor said I must also add an evidence to show that we live in the same address to show that our marriage is subsisting. I cannot do this because I am in the UK since last month. Is this a big problem? Do I really have to submit a document that shows we lived in the same address?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:44 am

hkbkn wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:55 pm
Do I really have to submit a document that shows we lived in the same address?
There is no specific requirement to include it, but if someone has been living apart from their spouse for a while it is important that there is no doubt that the marriage is still ongoing and subsisting. I assume this is why your adviser has suggested showing evidence that you were living at the same address before you left for the UK. It is good advice.

I normally advise they also include some evidence of ongoing contact since coming to the UK, for example evidence of contact through email or social media. Not a big dossier, just confirmation that all is normal, and that the student has not simply left their spouse.

While this may seem obvious to the applicant, given that the spouse is applying for a visa to join them, it is a requirement that the marriage is ongoing and subsisting so it is wise to show evidence of this.

Jkv1991
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jkv1991 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:40 am

Jkv1991 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:10 pm
[hello sir,
My wife applied for January intake,for tier 4 dipendent wich one is good to apply for visa with same time with applicant or after she get visa. Plz reply me

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:49 am

Jkv1991 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:40 am
My wife applied for January intake,for tier 4 dipendent wich one is good to apply for visa with same time with applicant or after she get visa.
Either. It just depends on your plans.