ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa application delay experiences

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mk21
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by mk21 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:36 am

Hi,

Does anyone know if the escalation actually helps?

mk21
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by mk21 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:43 am

tariff214 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 am
Hi guys,

have been following these posts out of sheer exasperation..I applied mid August and planned on traveling by the 20th September, so that i could be there in time! well, its been much longer, and the home office has still not processed my visa...

so here goes:

Timeline:
14th August- Online application
18th August- Biometric and documents
28th August- Recall to rescan documents
4th September- 15 working days delay email
12th September- Email from Shefo to send all documents again
13th September- call to Call center to get application escalated

20 september- now... no update, application still awaiting a decision.

I'm furious that I had to submit ALL of my documents three times, twice through Gerry's and once through email. I mean, literally a month after I applied, i got an email saying please send all your documents again, meaning that they didn't have the basic info up until then to make their decision! This was after scanning documents twice, mind.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do I confirm that they have my documents now? Why are they not making a decision? Btw applied from Lahore, Pak so don't have tracking services available..
Hi,

This happened to me too. Here's my timeline:

3 August: Submitted my application
7 August: Went for my biometrics appointment
21 August: Got an email from the UKVI that my application is being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer
24 August: Got an email that I should re-scan two documents and send them through email
28 August: Got a call from VFS Global that I should come in the next day to re-scan all my documents again

I haven't heard anything about my application so far and my course starts in a couple of days. It has been 31 days now (7 weeks). I called the UKVI so many times (and wasted so much money) and my university called the UKVI as well and nothing happened. I applied for a standard (non-priority) because I actually believed their time estimations that a standard application takes 15-20 days.

I also don't understand why they asked me to re-scan all the documents I have already scanned during my biometrics appointment a month ago? And why did it take them that long to ask me to re-scan them?

nadiaslsbl
Indonesia

Post by nadiaslsbl » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:08 am

Hi guys! Finally got my visa today! 8 weeks is the total of me waiting:") thank you so much for the moderators, people in this forum for helping me! I hope you get your visas soon!
At first i thought i was rejected.. because i got an immgration history.. last friday(15 sept) they called me for interview. I think once they interviewed you that means good news&you'll get ur visa soon. Goodluck!

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:55 am

nadiaslsbl wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:08 am
Hi guys! Finally got my visa today! 8 weeks is the total of me waiting:") thank you so much for the moderators, people in this forum for helping me! I hope you get your visas soon!
At first i thought i was rejected.. because i got an immgration history.. last friday(15 sept) they called me for interview. I think once they interviewed you that means good news&you'll get ur visa soon. Goodluck!
Congrats Nadiaslsbl..did you receive any email from Shefo saying that decision has been taken and your documents are dispatched?

omair9000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by omair9000 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:05 pm

I went for my biometrics and interview on 25 july and got the email that my application has reached the decision making center on 31 July. No communication after that from UKVI until today when I was really freaking out, I called them to inquire. They said my decision was still pending and I have to wait. Can someone please guide me on what to do? My course has started on Monday.

polishkap
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by polishkap » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Hey guys!
I’ve got the following timeline:
Application submitted:August 25th
Biometrics done:August 29th
ECO assigned :August 30th
Decision made:September 14th
Standard application
The only email I’ve received from UKVI was saying that they’ve received my application.
No decision email, nothing, I rang the UKVI and they said the decision has been made on the 14th, ai’ve then contacted my uni and they contacted UKVI and that the visa was issued on the 14th.
Today I got an email from my university saying that they’ve received my BRP, however, I still haven’t received my passport back.
I’ve applied from Saint-Petersburg, Russia, idk where my passport is!! TLS contact are not updating their website, they still say my application is under consideration. My course starts Monday, idk what to do!!!

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:18 pm

omair9000 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:05 pm
I went for my biometrics and interview on 25 july and got the email that my application has reached the decision making center on 31 July. No communication after that from UKVI until today when I was really freaking out, I called them to inquire. They said my decision was still pending and I have to wait. Can someone please guide me on what to do? My course has started on Monday.
Did you ask them to escalate your case..call them and ask them to mark it as urgent..Even I received decision made email on 19/09 after escalating my case.

omair9000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by omair9000 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:21 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:18 pm
omair9000 wrote:
Did you ask them to escalate your case..call them and ask them to mark it as urgent..Even I received decision made email on 19/09 after escalating my case.
I called them twice actually. The first time they said they'll escalate my case but I didn't hear anything from them for a week. Then I called again yesterday and they said the decision is still pending. I'm really worried. It's over 50 days now.

Maldv
Maldives

Post by Maldv » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:28 pm

94114384208 - vfs Colombo
Hope this helps.

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:29 pm

omair9000 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:21 pm
Sam1990 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:18 pm
omair9000 wrote:
I called them twice actually. The first time they said they'll escalate my case but I didn't hear anything from them for a week. Then I called again yesterday and they said the decision is still pending. I'm really worried. It's over 50 days now.
when did you escalate?
If 15 working days after escalation has already passed then ask them to escalate it again and mark it as urgent..Many members have got their decision in that way

tariff214
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tariff214 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:40 pm

mk21 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:43 am
tariff214 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 am
Hi guys,

have been following these posts out of sheer exasperation..I applied mid August and planned on traveling by the 20th September, so that i could be there in time! well, its been much longer, and the home office has still not processed my visa...

so here goes:

Timeline:
14th August- Online application
18th August- Biometric and documents
28th August- Recall to rescan documents
4th September- 15 working days delay email
12th September- Email from Shefo to send all documents again
13th September- call to Call center to get application escalated

20 september- now... no update, application still awaiting a decision.

I'm furious that I had to submit ALL of my documents three times, twice through Gerry's and once through email. I mean, literally a month after I applied, i got an email saying please send all your documents again, meaning that they didn't have the basic info up until then to make their decision! This was after scanning documents twice, mind.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do I confirm that they have my documents now? Why are they not making a decision? Btw applied from Lahore, Pak so don't have tracking services available..
Hi,

This happened to me too. Here's my timeline:

3 August: Submitted my application
7 August: Went for my biometrics appointment
21 August: Got an email from the UKVI that my application is being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer
24 August: Got an email that I should re-scan two documents and send them through email
28 August: Got a call from VFS Global that I should come in the next day to re-scan all my documents again

I haven't heard anything about my application so far and my course starts in a couple of days. It has been 31 days now (7 weeks). I called the UKVI so many times (and wasted so much money) and my university called the UKVI as well and nothing happened. I applied for a standard (non-priority) because I actually believed their time estimations that a standard application takes 15-20 days.

I also don't understand why they asked me to re-scan all the documents I have already scanned during my biometrics appointment a month ago? And why did it take them that long to ask me to re-scan them?
Sorry to hear about your delay.. I also applied for standard non-priority service. I really wish I had applied for priority.

I have an update from today. I received an email from a different email ID (VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) asking for my documents again (fourth time, people!), as they did not find the email in their other inbox from the first time around (SheffieldDocsRequested.RestofWorld@fco.gsi.gov.uk). They have no documents linked to my application, and my visa status according to call center is still 'awaiting a decision'. I sent them a strongly worded email, and attached my documents again. This time I made sure to organize the documents in a better format. Perhaps that'll help with their incompetence. I have sent multiple requests that they confirm that they have received the documents, as that will give me some information on when they are actually prepared to make a decision on the application.

What university are you applying to? Mine have been fairly helpful, albeit a little slow at times.

I think the midweek productivity is hitting the UK today, as I received multiple emails from both my university and the Home Office after days of silence! Classic -you get what you want when you're not looking- scenario. Maybe you'll have better luck in the coming days too.

Rondoali
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rondoali » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Hey everyone!

As i mentioned earlier, I did not receive any mails or sms after by biometrics/interview was completed at the VFS Hyderabad, India centre on 12th September under priority. Today is the 8th working day. I had contacted my uni yeserterday regarding CAS status and they said its USED.

So today I called UKVI to enquire about everything. I asked why I did not receive any updates (not even acknowledgement mail) after my interview was done, the lady said it can happen and that my status is "awaiting decision". Then I said I applied under priority which means 3-5 days i should receive my decision to which she replied that we generally take 7-15 days maximum.

Now my question is, when my CAS status is used then that must mean a decision has been made right? Why did the lady then say still "awaiting decision".

Please someone give me an insight into this. I really worried as course start date is 25th Sept on my CAS. I have asked for an extension but i hope I receive it before 25th.

qxporya
Newly Registered
Andorra

Post by qxporya » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:01 pm

I just received my VISA.
here is my timeline. I applyed for Priority Visa

September 11: Biometric and Interview.
September 16: received email that says " Your case is not straightforward. It takes longer than usual"
September 18: Second Interview at the VFS.
September 20: Visa was granted.

Thank you all for your guidance and advices.

Zed178
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Zed178 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Rondoali wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:52 pm
Hey everyone!

As i mentioned earlier, I did not receive any mails or sms after by biometrics/interview was completed at the VFS Hyderabad, India centre on 12th September under priority. Today is the 8th working day. I had contacted my uni yeserterday regarding CAS status and they said its USED.

So today I called UKVI to enquire about everything. I asked why I did not receive any updates (not even acknowledgement mail) after my interview was done, the lady said it can happen and that my status is "awaiting decision". Then I said I applied under priority which means 3-5 days i should receive my decision to which she replied that we generally take 7-15 days maximum.

Now my question is, when my CAS status is used then that must mean a decision has been made right? Why did the lady then say still "awaiting decision".

Please someone give me an insight into this. I really worried as course start date is 25th Sept on my CAS. I have asked for an extension but i hope I receive it before 25th.
My CAS has been used since the beginning of September, and i haven't gotten my visa yet. CAS being used means a caseworker has started working on your case, they would either make a decision within two/three days or your case would be not straightforward.
Don't start worrying yet :)

Rondoali
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rondoali » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Zed178 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:40 pm
Rondoali wrote:
Hey everyone!

My CAS has been used since the beginning of September, and i haven't gotten my visa yet. CAS being used means a caseworker has started working on your case, they would either make a decision within two/three days or your case would be not straightforward.
Beginning of September? :O what happened after that?

So I should be expecting a decision within 2 3 working days? Hopefully it'll be straightforward. All my documents are genuine and perfect i think. I was thinking of calling them again on Friday but I dont know whether its worth calling. It hurts to pay so much for a single call even after paying for priority visa. What's you advice? How should I proceed from here?

Zed178
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Zed178 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:02 pm

Rondoali wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:56 pm
Zed178 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:40 pm
Rondoali wrote:
Hey everyone!

Beginning of September? :O what happened after that?

So I should be expecting a decision within 2 3 working days? Hopefully it'll be straightforward. All my documents are genuine and perfect i think. I was thinking of calling them again on Friday but I dont know whether its worth calling. It hurts to pay so much for a single call even after paying for priority visa. What's you advice? How should I proceed from here?
We don't know what makes an application not straightforward. I thought mine was :)
I paid for priority but they told me it's not straightforward after 17 working days :)
Anyway, hopefully you will hear something by the end of this week. If you don't maybe give them a call or have your school email them.
Everyone's case is different so don't get discouraged by my scenario!

nabeelhussain92

Post by nabeelhussain92 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:03 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:21 am
nabeelhussain92 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:26 pm
Sam1990 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:55 pm
Anybody here who got their decision recently got the following email:

Your Contact Centre enquiry: GWFxxxxxxxxx

Dear Ms. xxxxxxxx,

Regarding Visa Application: GWFxxxxxxxxx
For xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the status of your UK visa application.

The decision has been despatched on 15/09/2017 to the UKVI office where your passport is securely stored and they will send your passport, along with the decision, to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) where you submitted your application. The VAC will contact you as soon as your documents are ready for collection.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK.

REM

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK
Yes I received the exact same email on 13th Sep.
Got Passport collection email on 15th Sep.

Right now I am in UK Alhumdulillah.
Congrats both of you @nabeelhussein92 and rathodpr..
Sorry for asking too many questions but do you guys mind telling me on what date the document was dispatched as stated in the email. Also did they mention your VAF no. anywhere in the email..just worried as in my previous emails from Shefo they mentioned my VAF no in the subject line of the email..
This is the email I got on 13th Sep:-

SUBJECT: Your Contact Centre enquiry: GWF*********

Dear Mr. XYZ,

Regarding Visa Application: GWF*********
For Full Name

Thank you for your enquiry.

The decision has been despatched on 13/09/2017 to the UKVI office where your passport is securely stored and they will send your passport, along with the decision, to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) where you submitted your application. The VAC will contact you as soon as your documents are ready for collection.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK.

Kind Regards,

REM

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

nadiaslsbl
Indonesia

Post by nadiaslsbl » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:03 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:55 am
nadiaslsbl wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:08 am
Congrats Nadiaslsbl..did you receive any email from Shefo saying that decision has been taken and your documents are dispatched?
Nope. Not at all. But the uk embassy in my country told me that it's on the way to vfs jakarta

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Please help me, I got told by embassy that my cas has been decided 2 days back yet I still haven't received any "decision" or collection mail until now. Is it a refusal sign? :(

princeyumair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by princeyumair » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Chischis12 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:05 pm
Please help me, I got told by embassy that my cas has been decided 2 days back yet I still haven't received any "decision" or collection mail until now. Is it a refusal sign? :(
Dont worry, I received decision eamil today, my friend received passport after 3 days of email, you will surely get this week and I am expecting mine this friday or next week.

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:25 pm

princeyumair wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Chischis12 wrote:
Dont worry, I received decision eamil today, my friend received passport after 3 days of email, you will surely get this week and I am expecting mine this friday or next week.
Is your friend visa approved? I havent had the decision email yet. I just got informed about that from Embassy. Pls keep me update about your result...

princeyumair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by princeyumair » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Chischis12 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:25 pm
princeyumair wrote:
Chischis12 wrote:
Is your friend visa approved? I havent had the decision email yet. I just got informed about that from Embassy. Pls keep me update about your result...
yeah my friend visa approved and sure I will update, dont worry too much, your visa will be secured for sure :)

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:33 pm

princeyumair wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:30 pm
Chischis12 wrote:
princeyumair wrote:
Chischis12 wrote:
yeah my friend visa approved and sure I will update, dont worry too much, your visa will be secured for sure :)
I got non straightforward email on 15th september but didnt get interviewed and now my case is decided.. im so worried.. :( when was your biometric day? And do you know if theres anyone facing same thing like me?

princeyumair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by princeyumair » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:37 pm

Chischis12 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:33 pm
princeyumair wrote:
Chischis12 wrote:
princeyumair wrote:

I got non straightforward email on 15th september but didnt get interviewed and now my case is decided.. im so worried.. :( when was your biometric day? And do you know if theres anyone facing same thing like me?
Well, me and my friend both haven't got any non Straight email, and I had applied by 21st July.

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:39 pm

princeyumair wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:37 pm
Chischis12 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:33 pm
princeyumair wrote:
Chischis12 wrote:

Well, me and my friend both haven't got any non Straight email, and I had applied by 21st July.
Did you get decided email from visa sheffo / ukvi? Have you got the collection email?