ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa application delay experiences

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sam1990
Nepal

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Sam1990 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:44 pm

princeyumair wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:30 pm
Chischis12 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:25 pm
princeyumair wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Chischis12 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:05 pm
Please help me, I got told by embassy that my cas has been decided 2 days back yet I still haven't received any "decision" or collection mail until now. Is it a refusal sign? :(
Dont worry, I received decision eamil today, my friend received passport after 3 days of email, you will surely get this week and I am expecting mine this friday or next week.
Is your friend visa approved? I havent had the decision email yet. I just got informed about that from Embassy. Pls keep me update about your result...
yeah my friend visa approved and sure I will update, dont worry too much, your visa will be secured for sure :)
Can you please post what kind of decision made email you received? Was it from Shefo?

princeyumair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by princeyumair » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:47 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:44 pm
princeyumair wrote:
Chischis12 wrote:
princeyumair wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Dont worry, I received decision eamil today, my friend received passport after 3 days of email, you will surely get this week and I am expecting mine this friday or next week.
Is your friend visa approved? I havent had the decision email yet. I just got informed about that from Embassy. Pls keep me update about your result...
yeah my friend visa approved and sure I will update, dont worry too much, your visa will be secured for sure :)
Can you please post what kind of decision made email you received? Was it from Shefo?
Yeah received eamil from Sheifo, Decision has been made XXXXXXXXXXXXX.
My friend received same and got his visa already.

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:52 pm

princeyumair wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:47 pm
Sam1990 wrote:
princeyumair wrote:
Chischis12 wrote:

Was it similar to this? When was it dispatched?

Your Contact Centre enquiry: GWFxxxxxxxxx

Dear Ms. xxxxxxxx,

Regarding Visa Application: GWFxxxxxxxxx
For xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the status of your UK visa application.

The decision has been despatched on 15/09/2017 to the UKVI office where your passport is securely stored and they will send your passport, along with the decision, to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) where you submitted your application. The VAC will contact you as soon as your documents are ready for collection.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK.

REM

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:53 pm

princeyumair wrote:
Sam1990 wrote:
princeyumair wrote:
Chischis12 wrote:

How about collection email?? From vfs. Did you and your friend get it?

princeyumair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by princeyumair » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:52 pm
princeyumair wrote:
Sam1990 wrote:
princeyumair wrote:

Was it similar to this? When was it dispatched?

Your Contact Centre enquiry: GWFxxxxxxxxx

Dear Ms. xxxxxxxx,

Regarding Visa Application: GWFxxxxxxxxx
For xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the status of your UK visa application.

The decision has been despatched on 15/09/2017 to the UKVI office where your passport is securely stored and they will send your passport, along with the decision, to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) where you submitted your application. The VAC will contact you as soon as your documents are ready for collection.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK.

REM

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK
Yeah all same, but me and my friend received middle part different, my friend received same eamil but he got email little different. Check below

Email my friend received.

A decision has been made on your application and you should have already been contacted by the Visa Application Centre (VAC) where you applied to arrange to collect your documents however, if this is not the case, please let us know on by emailing us on VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Email received by me

The decision has been made on your application. This will be despatched to the UKVI office and will be sent to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) where you submitted your application in the next 2-3 working days. The VAC will contact you as soon as your documents are ready for collection.

Tittle, and other everything is exactly same as you.
my friend received that eamil coz he had already picked up his passport and after he got that email.

Zed178
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Zed178 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:41 pm

It seems I am the only one left undecided.
I just called the inquiry service and they told me a decision has not been made yet. They also escalated my case which means nothing I know :D
To all those who are happy, keep me in your prayers :)

mk21
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by mk21 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 pm

tariff214 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:40 pm
mk21 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:43 am
tariff214 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 am
Hi guys,

have been following these posts out of sheer exasperation..I applied mid August and planned on traveling by the 20th September, so that i could be there in time! well, its been much longer, and the home office has still not processed my visa...

so here goes:

Timeline:
14th August- Online application
18th August- Biometric and documents
28th August- Recall to rescan documents
4th September- 15 working days delay email
12th September- Email from Shefo to send all documents again
13th September- call to Call center to get application escalated

20 september- now... no update, application still awaiting a decision.

I'm furious that I had to submit ALL of my documents three times, twice through Gerry's and once through email. I mean, literally a month after I applied, i got an email saying please send all your documents again, meaning that they didn't have the basic info up until then to make their decision! This was after scanning documents twice, mind.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do I confirm that they have my documents now? Why are they not making a decision? Btw applied from Lahore, Pak so don't have tracking services available..
Hi,

This happened to me too. Here's my timeline:

3 August: Submitted my application
7 August: Went for my biometrics appointment
21 August: Got an email from the UKVI that my application is being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer
24 August: Got an email that I should re-scan two documents and send them through email
28 August: Got a call from VFS Global that I should come in the next day to re-scan all my documents again

I haven't heard anything about my application so far and my course starts in a couple of days. It has been 31 days now (7 weeks). I called the UKVI so many times (and wasted so much money) and my university called the UKVI as well and nothing happened. I applied for a standard (non-priority) because I actually believed their time estimations that a standard application takes 15-20 days.

I also don't understand why they asked me to re-scan all the documents I have already scanned during my biometrics appointment a month ago? And why did it take them that long to ask me to re-scan them?
Sorry to hear about your delay.. I also applied for standard non-priority service. I really wish I had applied for priority.

I have an update from today. I received an email from a different email ID (VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) asking for my documents again (fourth time, people!), as they did not find the email in their other inbox from the first time around (SheffieldDocsRequested.RestofWorld@fco.gsi.gov.uk). They have no documents linked to my application, and my visa status according to call center is still 'awaiting a decision'. I sent them a strongly worded email, and attached my documents again. This time I made sure to organize the documents in a better format. Perhaps that'll help with their incompetence. I have sent multiple requests that they confirm that they have received the documents, as that will give me some information on when they are actually prepared to make a decision on the application.

What university are you applying to? Mine have been fairly helpful, albeit a little slow at times.

I think the midweek productivity is hitting the UK today, as I received multiple emails from both my university and the Home Office after days of silence! Classic -you get what you want when you're not looking- scenario. Maybe you'll have better luck in the coming days too.

Thank you, I really hope we both hear good news soon!

That's the email they asked me to send the scanned documents to as well (SheffieldDocsRequested.RestofWorld@fco.gsi.gov.uk). I didn't receive any confirmation that they have received the documents so I called and then I was told that they do not respond to the email confirming that they received the scanned documents. I applied to Goldsmiths University, which university did you apply to? I'm not sure if I should call the university again to see if they can get in touch with the Home Office once more to rush them, or to just wait...

When you called to escalate the application, did they send you an email explaining what is happening with the application or update you? They told me after the escalation that I should receive an email with update on the progress of my application but nothing so far

tariff214
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tariff214 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:19 am

mk21 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 pm
tariff214 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:40 pm
mk21 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:43 am
tariff214 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 am
Hi guys,

have been following these posts out of sheer exasperation..I applied mid August and planned on traveling by the 20th September, so that i could be there in time! well, its been much longer, and the home office has still not processed my visa...

so here goes:

Timeline:
14th August- Online application
18th August- Biometric and documents
28th August- Recall to rescan documents
4th September- 15 working days delay email
12th September- Email from Shefo to send all documents again
13th September- call to Call center to get application escalated

20 september- now... no update, application still awaiting a decision.

I'm furious that I had to submit ALL of my documents three times, twice through Gerry's and once through email. I mean, literally a month after I applied, i got an email saying please send all your documents again, meaning that they didn't have the basic info up until then to make their decision! This was after scanning documents twice, mind.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do I confirm that they have my documents now? Why are they not making a decision? Btw applied from Lahore, Pak so don't have tracking services available..
Hi,

This happened to me too. Here's my timeline:

3 August: Submitted my application
7 August: Went for my biometrics appointment
21 August: Got an email from the UKVI that my application is being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer
24 August: Got an email that I should re-scan two documents and send them through email
28 August: Got a call from VFS Global that I should come in the next day to re-scan all my documents again

I haven't heard anything about my application so far and my course starts in a couple of days. It has been 31 days now (7 weeks). I called the UKVI so many times (and wasted so much money) and my university called the UKVI as well and nothing happened. I applied for a standard (non-priority) because I actually believed their time estimations that a standard application takes 15-20 days.

I also don't understand why they asked me to re-scan all the documents I have already scanned during my biometrics appointment a month ago? And why did it take them that long to ask me to re-scan them?
Sorry to hear about your delay.. I also applied for standard non-priority service. I really wish I had applied for priority.

I have an update from today. I received an email from a different email ID (VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) asking for my documents again (fourth time, people!), as they did not find the email in their other inbox from the first time around (SheffieldDocsRequested.RestofWorld@fco.gsi.gov.uk). They have no documents linked to my application, and my visa status according to call center is still 'awaiting a decision'. I sent them a strongly worded email, and attached my documents again. This time I made sure to organize the documents in a better format. Perhaps that'll help with their incompetence. I have sent multiple requests that they confirm that they have received the documents, as that will give me some information on when they are actually prepared to make a decision on the application.

What university are you applying to? Mine have been fairly helpful, albeit a little slow at times.

I think the midweek productivity is hitting the UK today, as I received multiple emails from both my university and the Home Office after days of silence! Classic -you get what you want when you're not looking- scenario. Maybe you'll have better luck in the coming days too.

Thank you, I really hope we both hear good news soon!

That's the email they asked me to send the scanned documents to as well (SheffieldDocsRequested.RestofWorld@fco.gsi.gov.uk). I didn't receive any confirmation that they have received the documents so I called and then I was told that they do not respond to the email confirming that they received the scanned documents. I applied to Goldsmiths University, which university did you apply to? I'm not sure if I should call the university again to see if they can get in touch with the Home Office once more to rush them, or to just wait...

When you called to escalate the application, did they send you an email explaining what is happening with the application or update you? They told me after the escalation that I should receive an email with update on the progress of my application but nothing so far
So when I escalated, I basically only complained that way more than 15 days had passed and nothing was happening. They logged the complaint. When the Home Office emailed next, it was with indirect reference to the inquiries I had made over the phone. But I didn't get a separate email about escalation in particular, or the progress of my case, from UKVI or the call center. They do say they'll send an email, but I haven't gotten any direct ones. Overall escalation doesn't always result in beneficial outcomes.

One way I got to chase the documents being sent- which makes me very nervous as you are sending them a. yourself b. over email and c. to an address that doesn't reply/confirm- was by explaining to an immigration adviser at uni (SOAS, btw) that UKVI keeps losing my documents. They have colleagues at UKVI and it helps for the uni to be in the loop as they stay on top of your case, and discuss it with relevant people. But mostly you're at the mercy of the Home Office to contact you, even if the uni, home office and call center all have communicated with each other on your case.

I'm basically back to square one now. Sent my documents, got a confirmation that they were received and linked to my app. Was told that they were "prioritising applications and that a decision will be made on my application as soon as possible". fml.

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:45 am

update...
Decision made on 19aug...waiting for passport collection email...But ky dependents are still waiting decision whyyyy😭

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:03 am

Razbi wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:45 am
update...
Decision made on 19aug...waiting for passport collection email...But ky dependents are still waiting decision whyyyy😭
Mine as well. Decided on 19 aug, havnt got email for collection. Share ur timeline plz? I'm starting to worry that I havnt got the email till today

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:13 am

Razbi wrote:
update...
Did you get decision made email from Shefo?

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:16 am

Chischis12 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:03 am
Razbi wrote:
update...
Mine as well. Decided on 19 aug, havnt got email for collection. Share ur timeline plz? I'm starting to worry that I havnt got the email till today
[/quote

Decision made on 19 August..thats over a month now..and you haven't got your passport back yet. :shock:

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:17 am

Sam1990 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:16 am
Chischis12 wrote:
Razbi wrote:
update...
[/quote

Decision made on 19 August..thats over a month now..and you haven't got your passport back yet. :shock:

Sorry its 19sept😬

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:18 am

Chischis12 wrote:
Razbi wrote:
update...
Its 19sept right?
hopw to get pp by monday

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:21 am

Razbi wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:18 am
Chischis12 wrote:
Razbi wrote:
update...
Its 19sept right?
hopw to get pp by monday
My decision was made on 15th september..still haven't got passport collection email from vfs..received sms from VFS saying that document was dispatched from BHC and is in transit on tuesday..

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:23 am

Sam1990 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:21 am
Razbi wrote:
Chischis12 wrote:
Razbi wrote:
update...
Its 19sept right?
hopw to get pp by monday
My decision was made on 15th september..still haven't got passport collection email from vfs..received sms from VFS saying that document was dispatched from BHC and is in transit on tuesday..
oh alright...you will get it soon..i hoping to get mine by monday...but i will call ukvi for my dependent's escalation..I cant leave my daughter behind:(

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:22 am

Razbi wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:23 am
Sam1990 wrote:
Razbi wrote:
Chischis12 wrote:

Its 19sept right?
hopw to get pp by monday
oh alright...you will get it soon..i hoping to get mine by monday...but i will call ukvi for my dependent's escalation..I cant leave my daughter behind:(
Yeah typo i mean 19. How to get pp by monday? I havnt had collection email. When is your course date and latest enrollment?

123qwerty
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by 123qwerty » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:42 am

Seems like most who were waiting here received their decisions. It's getting quieter. I caved and called UKVI, still waiting a decision. Feeling worse than ever, shouldn't have bloody called.

@sam1990, congratulations! Hope you'll receive your passport this week.

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:53 am

Chischis12 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:22 am
Razbi wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:23 am
Sam1990 wrote:
Razbi wrote:

Its 19sept right?
hopw to get pp by monday
Yeah typo i mean 19. How to get pp by monday? I havnt had collection email. When is your course date and latest enrollment?
most of the fellows get their pp within 4 days after decision is made...thats an assumption may b i get it later...my course has already started on 18 and last date is 6 oct

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:16 am

Is there any of you who still waiting decision since JULY?? Pls answer

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:33 am

123qwerty wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:42 am
Seems like most who were waiting here received their decisions. It's getting quieter. I caved and called UKVI, still waiting a decision. Feeling worse than ever, shouldn't have bloody called.

@sam1990, congratulations! Hope you'll receive your passport this week.
Thank you..I called VFS and they have no idea when the passport will arrive at their office..I received sms from VFS that the documents have been dispatched from BHC India on tuesday..Seems like I will get it by next week.

I don't trust these calling center..I called them on 15/09 and 18/09 and was told my application is still awaiting a decision but it was already decided on 15/09...I received decision made email from Shefo on 19/09.

Rondoali
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rondoali » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:15 am

Zed178 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:02 pm
Rondoali wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:56 pm
Zed178 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:40 pm
Rondoali wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:52 pm
Hey everyone!

As i mentioned earlier, I did not receive any mails or sms after by biometrics/interview was completed at the VFS Hyderabad, India centre on 12th September under priority. Today is the 8th working day. I had contacted my uni yeserterday regarding CAS status and they said its USED.

So today I called UKVI to enquire about everything. I asked why I did not receive any updates (not even acknowledgement mail) after my interview was done, the lady said it can happen and that my status is "awaiting decision". Then I said I applied under priority which means 3-5 days i should receive my decision to which she replied that we generally take 7-15 days maximum.

Now my question is, when my CAS status is used then that must mean a decision has been made right? Why did the lady then say still "awaiting decision".

Please someone give me an insight into this. I really worried as course start date is 25th Sept on my CAS. I have asked for an extension but i hope I receive it before 25th.
My CAS has been used since the beginning of September, and i haven't gotten my visa yet. CAS being used means a caseworker has started working on your case, they would either make a decision within two/three days or your case would be not straightforward.
Don't start worrying yet :)
Beginning of September? :O what happened after that?

So I should be expecting a decision within 2 3 working days? Hopefully it'll be straightforward. All my documents are genuine and perfect i think. I was thinking of calling them again on Friday but I dont know whether its worth calling. It hurts to pay so much for a single call even after paying for priority visa. What's you advice? How should I proceed from here?
We don't know what makes an application not straightforward. I thought mine was :)
I paid for priority but they told me it's not straightforward after 17 working days :)
Anyway, hopefully you will hear something by the end of this week. If you don't maybe give them a call or have your school email them.
Everyone's case is different so don't get discouraged by my scenario!
Damn I hope mine is straightforward. Im supposed to be travelling today :(
Which city did you apply from?
Your case is really disheartening. 17 days after paying for priority? That is shocking! Do you have any idea about your current status?

omair9000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by omair9000 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:02 am

Chischis12 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:16 am
Is there any of you who still waiting decision since JULY?? Pls answer
Yess! Biometrics on 25 july and received by ECO on 31 july. After that, nothing. Called to escalate, still nothing. Really upset amd worried. Classes started on 18 September. I have even paid full fee.

Zed178
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Zed178 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:49 am

Rondoali wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:15 am
Zed178 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:02 pm
Rondoali wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:56 pm
Zed178 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:40 pm

My CAS has been used since the beginning of September, and i haven't gotten my visa yet. CAS being used means a caseworker has started working on your case, they would either make a decision within two/three days or your case would be not straightforward.
Don't start worrying yet :)
Beginning of September? :O what happened after that?

So I should be expecting a decision within 2 3 working days? Hopefully it'll be straightforward. All my documents are genuine and perfect i think. I was thinking of calling them again on Friday but I dont know whether its worth calling. It hurts to pay so much for a single call even after paying for priority visa. What's you advice? How should I proceed from here?
We don't know what makes an application not straightforward. I thought mine was :)
I paid for priority but they told me it's not straightforward after 17 working days :)
Anyway, hopefully you will hear something by the end of this week. If you don't maybe give them a call or have your school email them.
Everyone's case is different so don't get discouraged by my scenario!
Damn I hope mine is straightforward. Im supposed to be travelling today :(
Which city did you apply from?
Your case is really disheartening. 17 days after paying for priority? That is shocking! Do you have any idea about your current status?
I applied from Istanbul, Turkey.
I just got an email from the VAC that a decision has been made :) super excited!
Trust me and have your school email or call them it is the best way!
Don't loose hope!

sewanlewan
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by sewanlewan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:50 am

Finally got news from my admissions officer today

My timeline:

August 15: Online App
August 18: Biometrics and Interview
September 1: Email that is being prepared for consideration by an ECO
September 7: Email saying I need to submit my TB test document (Which I already did during biometrics)
September 7: Emailed my TB test scanned copy 5 mins after the email
September 8: 2 emails (Sorry for the delay and non straightforward)
September 21: Email from my admissions officer saying my CAS has been processed and I will be receiving my visa very soon.

Will update you guys on how it goes and when I actually receive my visa. Classes started on the 18th so I will need to rush and get a flight ticket ASAP