ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success story(10 year long residency )

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ryancathmore
Newly Registered

Success story(10 year long residency )

Post by ryancathmore » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:37 pm

Good evening
today was my appointment at a premium service and with the grace of almighty Allah my visa for indefinite leave got approved .

I have been a silent reader of this forum for so many year,but for some reason I fogot the password of my account and with my best efforts I could not retrieve my account.
came in uk 2007. my main concern was break in continuity of long term residence because i have stayed out of country in 2012, for more than 240 days in one go. but i had exceptionally compassionate circumstances.my father passed away and i had fallen sick over seas. i was admitted in hospital and thenw as told to have bed rest for 3 months. i had all the documents and thanks to Allah, today i got my indefinite with in 2 and half hour.
my case was complex. one of my visa got rejected in past then i had to spend a year in courts. lost appeal in first tribunal and then my partner completed her 10 years and we withdraw her appeal for the permission of upper tribunal and submit a new case for ilr and i my self applied as her spouse. and then it got approved.

i have strong believe if you have genuine case you should go to the premium service with all the relevant documents and you will get indefinite.

thank you very much for all the help i received on this forum

best regards

ryancathmore
Newly Registered

Re: Success story(10 year long residency )

Post by ryancathmore » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:31 pm

I have a question, now that I have ilr on long term residence, and my last visa was spouse of a British national, when I will be able to apply for the citizenship.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:52 am

ryancathmore wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:31 pm
I have a question, now that I have ilr on long term residence, and my last visa was spouse of a British national, when I will be able to apply for the citizenship.
Are you currently married to (or in a civil partnership with) a British citizen?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ryancathmore
Newly Registered

Post by ryancathmore » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:36 am

Hi, yes I'm still married to her, my previous visa was spouse and I was due for an extension 4 of oct 2017.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:36 am

as soon as u receive your ilr brp.
U need to make sure u have not been out of uk for certain days max, as listed in nationality requirement, which is different to ilr requirement.

ryancathmore
Newly Registered

Post by ryancathmore » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:03 am

Thank you for the reply. I spoke with a lawyer and he said I still need to wait 1 year before applying for citizenship.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:04 am

unless u are a spouse of a british national

ryancathmore
Newly Registered

Post by ryancathmore » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Yeah she is naturalised British national. Thank you. Very much for the help, much appreciated.

ryancathmore
Newly Registered

Post by ryancathmore » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:59 am

I can still apply for citizenship as soon I received my BRP residence card,even tho my wife is naturalised British national and not born here am I still eligible. I have spent more than 240 days out of country in 2012 because of compassionate circumstances there can be any problem in naturalisation for me. Thanks in advance