ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alterhase58
Germany

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:56 pm

msm86 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:07 pm
Hi guys,

I applied for my BC on May 2017. I sent it via NCS but now I am a bit concerning about one thing.

I sent letters from my employers that covers 4,5 years in the UK and then for the remaining period I sent payslips to prove I was working (sent 2 per year). Do you think it is fine?

I know I am still under the 6 months period but I could see some people who applied after me in May got already the letter. My status is: Awaiting a Decision since 02 Jun 2017.

thank you In advance
You should be ok - employment as such is not a requirement, you are not repeating the PR process - if the UKVI needs more information they will contact you
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

msm86
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by msm86 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:53 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:56 pm
msm86 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:07 pm
Hi guys,

I applied for my BC on May 2017. I sent it via NCS but now I am a bit concerning about one thing.

I sent letters from my employers that covers 4,5 years in the UK and then for the remaining period I sent payslips to prove I was working (sent 2 per year). Do you think it is fine?

I know I am still under the 6 months period but I could see some people who applied after me in May got already the letter. My status is: Awaiting a Decision since 02 Jun 2017.

thank you In advance
You should be ok - employment as such is not a requirement, you are not repeating the PR process - if the UKVI needs more information they will contact you
Thank you for the information. I am finding a bit odd because my case is very straight forward. Worked here for 6 years directly. single, no children. don't know why is taking longer.

gregzzz
Newly Registered

Post by gregzzz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:59 am

It's taking longer because the number of applications is much higher than before which created a backlog. Look at the timelines, people from late April are still getting their decisions, but few people who made their applications in early May are starting to get theirs.
The few people that got their decision quicker (i.e. late May) are outliers.

stillondedams
Newly Registered

Post by stillondedams » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi all
I believe we are doing great. Please i just need clarification on getting married during naturalisation process. applied in June, got married August, HO states you have to inform them if marital status changes during naturalisation, will i have to do this and how as i am a bit worried, i have only sent my driving licence to change name last week, i also intend to get my passport in my husband's name if naturalisation is approved, please kindly advise the steps i need to take on this or anyone who's done this before advise the outcome if all went well.

Apologies if this has been dealt with before on this forum, i lost track of the post, hence asking again.

Regards

djboys007f
Newly Registered
India

Post by djboys007f » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:39 am

I got email from home office yesterday that post was dispatched on 15th Sept,2017. Hopefully I should receive today or tomorrow. Lets see. HO people seem to be lazy when decision was made on 4sept 2017, and they are dispatching letter on 15th Sept,2017
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:03 pm
djboys007f wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:50 pm
Tin TIn did you got any letter? i got status changed to decided on 4 sept, no letter so far...called council ..they did not receive anything...
tintin13 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:14 am
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 am
Letter arrived this morning I have been approved . Cant explain the feeling. Wrong advice from 2 people had me doubting my decision . Shall call to book ceremony as soon as I am home.
I am pleased for you. A decision was made on 4th September and updated between 9th and 10th September for me. I called the council yesterday and they still haven't received anything yet. I am hoping my approval letter will be waiting for me too once I get back home today.
Just so you are aware , after I emailed about the delay on day 13 they replied the afternoon of the day I received my letter and they said the letter was posted 11th Sept. The letter was dated as the 4th Sept. So a week until posted. Then 3 days to arrive. Just a brown envelope with the 1 sheet of paper with approval details on . Hopefully you shall receive tomorrows post

tintin13
Newly Registered

Post by tintin13 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:06 am

They send the letter using 2nd Class post so you should actually receive your decision letter any moment from now. Keep us all posted. Best wishes!
djboys007f wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:39 am
I got email from home office yesterday that post was dispatched on 15th Sept,2017. Hopefully I should receive today or tomorrow. Lets see. HO people seem to be lazy when decision was made on 4sept 2017, and they are dispatching letter on 15th Sept,2017
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
djboys007f wrote:
Tin TIn did you got any letter? i got status changed to decided on 4 sept, no letter so far...called council ..they did not receive anything...
tintin13 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:14 am

I am pleased for you. A decision was made on 4th September and updated between 9th and 10th September for me. I called the council yesterday and they still haven't received anything yet. I am hoping my approval letter will be waiting for me too once I get back home today.
Just so you are aware , after I emailed about the delay on day 13 they replied the afternoon of the day I received my letter and they said the letter was posted 11th Sept. The letter was dated as the 4th Sept. So a week until posted. Then 3 days to arrive. Just a brown envelope with the 1 sheet of paper with approval details on . Hopefully you shall receive tomorrows post

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:27 pm

Just sent a follow-up email to HO. Despite the two previous emails stating that my application was approved and the ceremony letter will be with me "shortly" I still didn't receive it. It was two weeks(technically should send it tomorrow as it was approved on the website on 06/09) since the approval and no letter yet. I find it very annoying - waiting 5 months to get approved, then another X weeks to get the damn letter :x

djboys007f
Newly Registered
India

Post by djboys007f » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:12 pm

Just received the letter. Approved

tintin13 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:06 am
They send the letter using 2nd Class post so you should actually receive your decision letter any moment from now. Keep us all posted. Best wishes!
djboys007f wrote:
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
djboys007f wrote:

navinw

Post by navinw » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:24 pm

djboys007f wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:12 pm

tintin13 wrote:
djboys007f wrote:
eryilmazhilmi wrote:

Congrats djboys007f :-)
When did you applied your BC application?
We are still waiting for the feedback...
applied on 22-May

djboys007f
Newly Registered
India

Post by djboys007f » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:56 pm

thanks....I applied on 30 may 2017 by post...
navinw wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:24 pm
djboys007f wrote:

tintin13 wrote:
djboys007f wrote:

applied on 22-May

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:58 pm

djboys007f wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:56 pm
thanks....I applied on 30 may 2017 by post...
navinw wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:24 pm
djboys007f wrote:

tintin13 wrote:

applied on 22-May
To Both of you - Can we please NOT turn this topic in a timeline one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:40 pm

bhatti20 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:25 pm
It is taking up to 12-15 days from date updated decided not actually from date decided.
My case decided on 4-9-17
Updated to view on 9-9-17
Approval letter recieved today: 20-9-17 "dated 8-9-17"
Council letter arrived at the same time: 20-9017
This is NOT a timeline thread. Please post your timeline in the correct thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

googleit

Post by googleit » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 am

Hi

I just need an advice from experienced members here. I applied for Naturlisation few days ago and filled in all application form correctly. In employment history section I mentioned all previous and present employments but forgot to mention a part time job which I did in 2008 for 7 months as I couldn't remember al the information.

What should I do now ? Should I just wait as even if ukba confirms it's not a breach as I wasn't working illegal and one can't remember 10 years history

Any advice pls ?

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:14 am

googleit wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 am
Hi

I just need an advice from experienced members here. I applied for Naturlisation few days ago and filled in all application form correctly. In employment history section I mentioned all previous and present employments but forgot to mention a part time job which I did in 2008 for 7 months as I couldn't remember al the information.

What should I do now ? Should I just wait as even if ukba confirms it's not a breach as I wasn't working illegal and one can't remember 10 years history

Any advice pls ?
Hi,

I had an issue with travel dates - put dates I didn't actually leave the UK, that didn't affect the application. In addition actually related to you - HMRC employment records are different to dates I have in my contracts, funny enough some employers overlap and quite significantly i.e. months working for two employers (lol). My application was approved though.. If they will have questions then they will contact you regarding this, don't overthink too much.

p.s got email from local council stating that my certificate is with them, still no letter though

googleit

Post by googleit » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:32 am

Many thanks for your reply , this gives relief. I just didn't want to delay the process for a silly reason

eryilmazhilmi
Mood:
Turkey

Post by eryilmazhilmi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Now a British Citizen :) Ceremony 2 days ago . Private one . 8 minutes !!!!!! No local authority photographer and NO TEA AND BISCUIT afterwards. It felt like the woman who was doing the ceremony wanted to get on to her other job. She read through her speech and then I was given a sheet of paper with the Oath and pledge on which I read , Then she congratulated me on now being a British Citizen and played the National Anthem , and then said to my wife she could now take a photograph of me receiving my certificate next to the photo of the Queen and flags. 8 minutes for £195 :D I did get a Free Passport cover .
Suppose I went to get my Citizenship and that's exactly what I got very quickly . Good Luck to all awaiting decisions , I expect my passport should arrive some point next week as I used the JCAP service at time of application. Such a weight lifted with no further visa stress or giving money to the H/O

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:17 pm

eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:18 pm
Now a British Citizen :) Ceremony 2 days ago . Private one . 8 minutes !!!!!! No local authority photographer and NO TEA AND BISCUIT afterwards. It felt like the woman who was doing the ceremony wanted to get on to her other job. She read through her speech and then I was given a sheet of paper with the Oath and pledge on which I read , Then she congratulated me on now being a British Citizen and played the National Anthem , and then said to my wife she could now take a photograph of me receiving my certificate next to the photo of the Queen and flags. 8 minutes for £195 :D I did get a Free Passport cover .
Suppose I went to get my Citizenship and that's exactly what I got very quickly . Good Luck to all awaiting decisions , I expect my passport should arrive some point next week as I used the JCAP service at time of application. Such a weight lifted with no further visa stress or giving money to the H/O
Pity, group ceremony is such a nice and moving (and long) experience.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:17 pm
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:18 pm
Pity, group ceremony is such a nice and moving (and long) experience.
Just got my private ceremony booked on Monday. If I had my application being approved in 2-3 month I may appreciate all the experience group ceremony brings. I waited long enough and at this moment just wish to deal with this formality and move on :|

Tgunner
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by Tgunner » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:16 am

Tgunner wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:24 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tgunner wrote:My residence permit ran out in Dec 2008. My application to renew was refused which then led to the appeal and ultimately the dismissal of the appeal in late 2009. Then I applied for EEA family member which was granted in October 2010. I'm sure I was issued a long COA with a right to work. Because I took employment in 2009. My lawyer mentioned judicial review which would have extended section 3c but I can't remember if he went ahead with it.
Judicial review does not extend section 3C. Only if your JR is successful if HO made an error, will the period of overstay be overlooked. Trust me, you would have known if he went ahead with JR because it is a very expensive process through the courts.

Extended family members who apply for a EEA EFM residence card have no automatic rights under the EEA regulations and don't usually get a COA with right to work.
Thanks for your advise, I patiently await the outcome of my application. I will update the forum of the decision
As I promised to update you when I get a decision. My application has been approved. Use my case as a reference although this forum is helpful it’s important not to overly rely on the advise you receive on here. I’m still thankful for this forum it has calm my anxiety down in places and made me worry in places too

navinw

Post by navinw » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi All,

Wanted to check if any of you have applied for UK naturalization in the month of MAY and heard further feedback other than "Awaiting a decision" :-(

It's been 4 months for me today but no further update or communication :-(

tia

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:35 pm

navinw wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:15 pm
Hi All,

Wanted to check if any of you have applied for UK naturalization in the month of MAY and heard further feedback other than "Awaiting a decision" :-(

tia
Waited 5 months to get the decision :D. Judging by May applicants updates - you will get your reply within new week or so 100%.

navinw

Post by navinw » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:46 pm

mahasam wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:35 pm
navinw wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:15 pm
Hi All,

tia
Waited 5 months to get the decision :D. Judging by May applicants updates - you will get your reply within new week or so 100%.
Fingers Crossed.... :-)
been checking online status regularly, but not changing at all @-(

fanthara
Newly Registered

Post by fanthara » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi everyone,

First time posting on this forum as I have just received my NON EEA PR card as a family member of an eea national. I am a bit confused as to when I can apply for British naturalisation. I have seen that we can apply 1 year after holding a PR card but also they count the date of the application for PR. Is that true? I'll be applying alone (my eea national will apply only after me). I applied for our PR on may 2017 and received the PR card on september 2017. So am I eligible to apply from may 2018 or september 2018?

Many thanks.

navinw

Post by navinw » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:20 pm

fanthara wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:18 pm
Hi everyone,

First time posting on this forum as I have just received my NON EEA PR card as a family member of an eea national. I am a bit confused as to when I can apply for British naturalisation. I have seen that we can apply 1 year after holding a PR card but also they count the date of the application for PR. Is that true? I'll be applying alone (my eea national will apply only after me). I applied for our PR on may 2017 and received the PR card on september 2017. So am I eligible to apply from may 2018 or september 2018?

Many thanks.
There should be the date on the PR card, from which date it is applicable.
Basically that date is the decision date and 1 year from there....you can apply for BC

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:29 am

navinw wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:20 pm
fanthara wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:18 pm
Hi everyone,

Many thanks.
There should be the date on the PR card, from which date it is applicable.
Basically that date is the decision date and 1 year from there....you can apply for BC
Pleae do not give incorrect advice. The date that PR is ATTAINED is NOT the same as the date on the PR card. Non EU family members automatically attain PR after 5 years residence. The card is simply a confirmation of the status they already have attained under the EEA/EU rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)