ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tinek
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Tinek » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:11 pm

europehelpme wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:59 am
Alexkowalski87 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:35 am
europehelpme wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:47 am
The processing guide timeframe on the home office site outlines in May 100% of applicants were processed within 30 working days in my city.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y

It appears alot of people here have been waiting 100+ days. For those of you who have been waiting 100+ days, did you apply in cities which have guide timeframes of 90 and 120 days? Or have some of you been waiting 100+ days even in the cities which have a 30 day timeframe?

I hope this is not the case...
Just forget what it says on UKVI website, even if it says 5 working days and when you call them up telling the fact it states only 5 working days, they do have a reason - "that was for May 2017".

Basically, the only thing requires at this stage is - WAITING!
I understand this but it would still be helpful to know if those that are waiting 100+ days if they are from cities which had higher processing times in May.

I applied in a city which outlined 100% were processed in 30 days in May 2017. If others who have applied in cities with shorter processing times (15 days/30 days) have waited 100+ days I am just going to request my passport to be sent back.
My wife applied from a city that had 15 days for 100% applications. First application rejected (she forgot to add all paperwork) within 3 weeks, as it should be. Second application, sent just after, still in processing. 14 weeks just passed yesterday (70 working days) and after 2 escalations, MP pressuring, complaints etc. we're still waiting. Nothing seems to be helping... If we knew we'd have never applied for it and used another route. :/

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:51 pm
Alexkowalski87 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:34 pm
europehelpme wrote:
I understand this but it would still be helpful to know if those that are waiting 100+ days if they are from cities which had higher processing times in May.

I applied in a city which outlined 100% were processed in 30 days in May 2017. If others who have applied in cities with shorter processing times (15 days/30 days) have waited 100+ days I am just going to request my passport to be sent back.

Mate, no one can tell anything. Few applications are being reviewed right on time or maybe little later by the UKVI but majority application still under "consideration" - as per them, when I called them.

If you are lucky, you will get a news after the processing time ends, if no - you ought to just wait.
No point getting into a debate with user 'europehelpme' also known on the forum as 'confusedandsad'. He doesn't always take advice even though he demands answers. He was given extensive advice (6 pages worth and 113 replies) on his options as user 'confusedandsad' of applying within the UK and outside the UK, including possible delays and still chose to leave the UK to apply thinking it will be quicker.

eea-route-applications/eea-spouse-visa- ... l#p1510505

eea-route-applications/status-of-applic ... l#p1527024
That is a little bit harsh. And I don't remember any of you outlining there were delays relative to the processing timeframes when applying outside of the UK.

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:59 pm

Guys, when you called the Sheffield Visa Center, you did provide with your debit/credit card, once you finished with your call, on your bank statement, what is the name of the company/organisation which charged you for the call?

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Yogitea wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:26 pm
Hi Merzit,

I hope you are well.

If you are spanish that could interest you and help you.

"By the EU regulations,a union citizen and his/her family member has the freedom of movement rights within the eu as long as the sponsor(eu citizen)is travelling together with them.By the eu regulations all eu countries should facilitate entry to eu citizens and their family members as long as they can prove their family ties(eg marriage certificate,joint tenancy,joint bank accounts etc).
Meanwhile,in the case of uk, your family member will get the EEA family stamp which is valid for 6 months at the port of entry and he/she can later proceed to apply for residence card for a family of a union citizen if the EEA sponsor is living in the uk as a qualified person(worker,self employed,self sufficient person or student with a comprehensive health insurance cover).
The only challenges are that you non EEA spouse might have difficulty in convincing employers and other relevant authourities that they as a direct family member of an EEA citizen have the right to work in the uk.The residence card is only a confirmation of an existing right under the eu laws.
Hope this little information would be of help."

So if you parternship lives in Spain go their and come back with him/her..Job done. Then Apply for Resident permit card if he/she is not EU citizen...

All the best

Hello
Hope you are good too.
Im married with my husband (not europe) and everyone tell me with the resicende spanish he can travel to England, but no. If he try go to wngland with me, the police put him back to Spain, because the residence spanish, italian, france or ANY europe isnt working right now for England, fot that he need apply for the Visa. I dontyreally know but just because english people are very dearly beloved about Albanian people. So, here still waiting 84 days for Visa.

Alanakudz
Newly Registered

Post by Alanakudz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:40 am

Hello All!
Did anybody contact an immigration lawyer? Maybe they would know what to do?
It's just unbelievable hot ling it takes..

Polly0621
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Polly0621 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:36 am

Hi Talita,

Thank you!
I sent them an email today because today is the 30th working day. Visa Processing Times in their website for Manila says 30 working days. Anyway, I got a reply after an hour saying they can escalate my issue. Hopefully they will reply soon with something positive.

Polly
TalitaZ wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:37 pm
Polly0621 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:30 am
Hi TalitaZ,

I applied for EEA FP in VFS Manila last August 10. I received the 'not straightforward' email last August 30. I noticed that you escalated your application 4 days after the 'not straightforward email'. How do I "escalate"?

TIA
TalitaZ wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:06 pm
Hi all,

I wanted to share my good news, my husband received his EEA FP last Thursday!
It took around 7 weeks, so I can't even imagine what it must feel like at 60-90 days!
I am Dutch, he is Indian and we applied from Dusseldorf, this is our timeline:

June 27 - applied in Dusseldorf
July 14 - 'not straightforward' email
July 18 - case escalated
August 14 - received email from Decision Making office in reply to escalation
August 15 - decision made email
August 17 - passport returned with EEA FP

We contacted UKVI every few days and escalated our case several times as my husband's Schengen Visa expired on August 1st so he was stuck in Netherlands illegally. My MP and Solvit also contacted them and on August 14 I finally received an email with regards to the escalation, basically saying they could not give us a timeframe but they would forward the info to the clearance officer team. Apparently that did help as the decision was made the same day. I think we were 'lucky' that his current Visa had expired to speed things up.
He now has a 17 day overstay on his Schengen Visa but the immigration officer at Amsterdam airport was very nice and did not put it in the computer system and he was not fined.

I hope you all get good news soon. You are in my thoughts!
Talita
Hi Polly,

You can call them to escalate. I called them the moment I receive the 'not straightforward' email because my husband's Schengen visa would expire on August 1st so he needed his passport back. They emailed me 2 days later with some more questions, asking reason for escalation etc. and it was escalated the next day. I did call or email them almost daily though. Once escalated they need to respond within 15 working days. Don't ask them to escalate again before the 15 days are over or your escalation goes back into the queue and time just starts again from day 1. It's really annoying.

Details to contact them are here:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... uk/english

Telephone: 00 44 203 481 1736
Monday to Friday, 24 hours
Calls cost £1.37 per minute on top of your standard network charges.

By email
Email UK Visas and Immigration. (see link on the website)
Emails enquiries cost £5.48. You won’t be charged for any follow-up emails about the same enquiry.

Good luck!
Talita

baig5035
BANNED
Pakistan

Post by baig5035 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:47 am

Alexkowalski87 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 pm
TalitaZ wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:09 am
europehelpme wrote:
Alexkowalski87 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:35 am

Just forget what it says on UKVI website, even if it says 5 working days and when you call them up telling the fact it states only 5 working days, they do have a reason - "that was for May 2017".

Basically, the only thing requires at this stage is - WAITING!

Hi,

I applied from Dusseldorf in June, processing times for May were 98% in 15 days / 98% in 30 days / 100% in 60 days. Our application took 35 working days (but with an escalation and a LOT of pressure from MP, Solvit etc. as my husband's Schengen Visa had expired)
I know someone else who also applied from Dusseldorf and still didn't have any Visa after the 60 working days had passed, so I guess you just can't tell. It's so frustrating.

Good luck!
T
Precisely, if you dont have a decent reason, there is no way to be granted a visa.
but what happened after a lot of pressure did you get visa? and kindly its a informative forum explain clearly.

Willyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Willyboy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:56 am

baig5035 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:47 am
Alexkowalski87 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 pm
TalitaZ wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:09 am
europehelpme wrote:

Hi,

I applied from Dusseldorf in June, processing times for May were 98% in 15 days / 98% in 30 days / 100% in 60 days. Our application took 35 working days (but with an escalation and a LOT of pressure from MP, Solvit etc. as my husband's Schengen Visa had expired)
I know someone else who also applied from Dusseldorf and still didn't have any Visa after the 60 working days had passed, so I guess you just can't tell. It's so frustrating.

Good luck!
T
Precisely, if you dont have a decent reason, there is no way to be granted a visa.
but what happened after a lot of pressure did you get visa? and kindly its a informative forum explain clearly.
If he says his application took 35 days, it clearly means he got the visa. It's also clear from the context.

Willyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Willyboy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:02 am

Alanakudz wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:40 am
Hello All!
Did anybody contact an immigration lawyer? Maybe they would know what to do?
It's just unbelievable hot ling it takes..
Hi Alanakudz, I did but was very unhappy with the lawyer who dealt with my case. She made no mention of long processing times for EEA family permits but simply asked me instead why I wasn't applying for a spousal visa under UK immigration rules. However, my father called them again the other day and was told by somebody different that EEA family permit applications are taking at least 2 months at present, sometimes 3 or longer as a lot of the ppl on this forum can attest to...

elvita
Newly Registered
India

Post by elvita » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:45 am

HI All,

Online Application: 16th March 2017
Biometrics: 22nd March 2017
SMS recieved saying the Documents have been forwarded to UKVI ON 23rd March 2017
its been almost 6 Months I have been waiting for a reply on my application, its totally disturbing and frustrating that there has been no reply on my application but it has so noticed that many of the people like me are waiting for the reply .
There has been neither an email nor a text message about the application being processed .
after emailing them so many times still there was no proper answers to my questions.
calling them is totally useless because the person who speaks to you have no clue about what we are talking and there will be specific script given to them and they communicate the same to each and every calls they get.
Totally dissapointed!! there should be atleast an update on the application and my passport is still with them, for which im scared that they might loose it

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm

^ what country did you apply in? Why did you submit biometrics? I didn't submit biometrics as part of my application. Is there a reason why you did? Did I miss something?

sidkapure
India

Post by sidkapure » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi All,
On Exact 120 working day, I got the Visa.

Got email in the morning picked up in the afternoon.

What a relief.

Good luck All.

Sid

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:09 pm

hi sid,
congratulations ,, :D

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:14 pm

sidkapure wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:05 pm
Hi All,

What a relief.

Good luck All.

Sid
Congratulations.

Did you apply from a country with a 100% in 120 day guide timeframe?

sidkapure
India

Post by sidkapure » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Thanks Tufail. :)

I applied from Mumbai and it said 12 weeeks maximum first. Then 90 Days maximum. But I received on 120th Day.

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:35 pm

Where did it say 12 weeks first? Did it say 12 weeks as at May17 then they just changed it to 90days or did it have 12 weeks as at an earlier date?

baig5035
BANNED
Pakistan

Post by baig5035 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:10 pm

europehelpme wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:14 pm
sidkapure wrote:
Hi All,

What a relief.

Good luck All.

Sid
Congratulations.

Hi Sid,
Congratulations,,,,,,,,i am on today exactly 120 working days and still waiting with hope.

You are lucky Sid,,,,,,What should i do escalate 2 times ring up several times nothing could help yet just i sent email to Local MP let see if they will any help.

Good luck to all best wishes to everyone.

sidkapure
India

Post by sidkapure » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:26 pm

baig5035 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:10 pm
europehelpme wrote:
sidkapure wrote:
Hi All,

What a relief.

Good luck All.

Sid
Congratulations.

Hi Sid,
Congratulations,,,,,,,,i am on today exactly 120 working days and still waiting with hope.

You are lucky Sid,,,,,,What should i do escalate 2 times ring up several times nothing could help yet just i sent email to Local MP let see if they will any help.

I Escalated 5 times, did the same. I sent various emails to complaints dept. as well. I sent to MP as well twice. He didn't reply after second time. Then I sent email to Some directors of UKVI. Got email address form home office website.

I don't know what worked but it just did.

Hope you get it soon.

Sid.

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:32 pm

sidkapure wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:26 pm
baig5035 wrote:
europehelpme wrote:
sidkapure wrote:
Hi All,

What a relief.

Good luck All.

Sid

Congratulations.

Hi Sid,

I Escalated 5 times, did the same. I sent various emails to complaints dept. as well. I sent to MP as well twice. He didn't reply after second time. Then I sent email to Some directors of UKVI. Got email address form home office website.

Hope you get it soon.

Sid.

Hello Sid, Congrats. I also applied from Mumbai and I have completed 125 days still they say it is awaiting decision. Escalated thrice.

Do post here the exact email you got about decision.

All the best to you.

Regards,
Byron

baig5035
BANNED
Pakistan

Post by baig5035 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:40 pm

sidkapure wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:26 pm
baig5035 wrote:
europehelpme wrote:
sidkapure wrote:
Hi All,

What a relief.

Good luck All.

Sid
Congratulations.

Hi Sid,

Hope you get it soon.

Sid.
I wait 4 months no any contact to ukvi after i start sending and calling my stupid lawyer said every time when i said contact to them oh no wait six month dont touch after will contact.

Anyways please provide the all email address here which you use to contact to ukvi r regard visa it will help for all those including me who still fighting for decision. Thanks

Mihai
Newly Registered

Post by Mihai » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:14 pm

Congrats Sid, wish you all the best :)
On 11th of October i will reach 120 working days, hope will not take longer then that. Good luck guys

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:49 am

sidkapure wrote:
Hi All,

What a relief.

Good luck All.

Sid
Hey Sid
Thanks great news. M happy for you.
Hopefully I will hear something soon too. We have similar timeline and applied from the same city.

Regards

Irfan

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:59 am

sidkapure wrote:
Hi All,

What a relief.

Good luck All.

Sid
Hey Sid

Have you tried using the tracking service with ur vfs reference number? Did it show on it once you got the email?

Can you also give me the email address of the director for UKVI whom you have emailed.

My MP has stopped replying to my emails and I don't think she can do much. I have already escalated twice. Also wrote complain on UKVI website, got reply after month stating I don't have any special case for the escalation. SOLVIT is working on the case but at very slow pace.

Thanks in advance

Irfan

Regards.

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:10 am

Congratulations sid.. best wishes for ur future.
It's 114th working day for my husband's application hopefully they give soon. And hopefully they give soon to everyone who is waiting for more then 100 days. Mostly if they take long I think they approves the visa if they do very quickly mostly they refuse I guess. Have tried everything but nothing helped to make decision faster so Just keep on waiting and hopefully they ll do soon.

drasl123
Newly Registered
Maldives

Post by drasl123 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:01 am

CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSS
:D :D :D :D
sidkapure wrote:
Hi All,

What a relief.

Good luck All.

Sid