ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by Archer1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Mrchaany wrote:Employee six more months payslips
Two months business bank statements
Current appointment report
Accountant letter as they represent my business
Last year annual accounts
Business insurance

Congrats Mrchaany.
Did they ask you for all those documents or you got them with you just in case if they ask?
or if you have presented them all business related documents in the file and case officer have had checked them? Could you please tell a bit will appreciate that.
Regards,
__A
__A

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:43 pm

No asked me I just enclosed with my file.
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Mrchaany wrote:No asked me I just enclosed with my file.
Thank you very much.
__A

Ilr17
Newly Registered

Post by Ilr17 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:11 am

Hi all I want to share my experience in Sheffield Centre for Set(LR)

Arrived on 9:25. Appointment on 9:40.

Document collected on 9:45.

Finger prints and photo taken about 15 mins later.

Got approval letter on 11:10. No question asked.

Total less than 2 hours.

Document submitted: passport, photoes, application form, cover letter, degree certificate, life in the uk and basic supporting docs. Very simple package.

Overall speaking, it is a real premium service. Very happy. Thank you all for all your post. That is encouraging. Best wishes!

Sir Murphy
Mood:

Post by Sir Murphy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:43 pm

Many congratulations.

Sir Murphy
Mood:

Post by Sir Murphy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:38 pm

:D 1. Category - 10 Years Long Residence (ILR)
2. Number of Dependents - 0
3. Total Cost - £2,887
4. PEO Branch - Croydon
5. Documents Provided:-

-Application Form SET (LR) version 04/2017 -Appointment Booking Checklist -Payment Confirmation
-3 Passports (1 Current and 2 previous passports) -1 Tier 4 Biometric Residence Permit (BRP Card) -Home Office Letters -UK Degree Certificate and Transcripts -Life in the UK Test Letter -Travel Documents (Tickets and boarding pass ) -Covering Letter

Appointment: 6th of September, 2017 Time: 10:00 am

Summary Of Application Process:-
Entry to Lunar House at Croydon- 09:30am, Application Checked 09:45am, Case Registration 10:10am- 10:20am, Biometric Enrolment 10:20- 10:25am, Awaiting Consideration 10:25am- 12:48pm, Under Consideration 12:48pm- 13:48pm, Ready for Collection 13:50pm.

I wish you success in your application, my advice to all is to start preparation as early as possible and try to keep to the term and conditions of your current leave as though time never last but only though people. Life in the UK test was taking in January 2017, PSC appointment booked on 26th of July 2017 for 6th of September 2017 slot (42 days in advance). Application submitted 26 days early of qualifying period as my first entry to the UK was on the 2nd of October 2007, Original and photocopies of the above supporting documents was submitted. Special thanks to God Almighty for his mercies, with God all things are possible and please do not give up as your miracle is on the way. Many thanks to the moderator, the gurus and all the board members who contribute in one way or the other to the success of this application from Tier 4 to Indefinite Leave To Remain.

jay253
Newly Registered

Post by jay253 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:51 am

I have been reader of the forum every time I applied for my Tier-2 visa or renewal. So feel obliged to post the ILR story:

Appointment : 9:00am got there at 8:30
Case registration: 9:30am
Biometric: 10:00am
Under Consideration: 10:30am
Ready for collection : 11:30am (approved)

Documents provided:
1. Set (O)
2. 2 passport Pics
3. letter from current employer
4. letter from previous employer
5. 1 payslip (august)
6. 3 months bank statement
7. 4 P60s and one statement of earning
5. tenancy agreement and council letter as proof of accomodation

Immigration history:
1. Oct 12- November 13 - Employer X
2. Nov 13 to May 15- Employer Y
3. May 15 to now- Back to employer X

Concerns:
1. Had supplementary employment for 10 hours a week but with 2 other employers ( guidance doesnt specify number of employers only number of hours you can do on top)
2. monthly salary was rounded down by 33p so was getting underpayment of £4 over a year period- Had a letter from employer and their accountant to accept it was their error and they are in process of making the payment to compensate for it.

Good luck everyone

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:21 am

Did you show that you are doing 10 hours/week supplementary job in your application? Also, was the extra job had same SoC code and RLMT done?

Thanks

Sir Murphy
Mood:

Post by Sir Murphy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:48 pm

No, I did not show any documents regarding employment.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:15 pm

Sir Murphy wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:38 pm
:D 1. Category - 10 Years Long Residence (ILR)
2. Number of Dependents - 0
3. Total Cost - £2,887
4. PEO Branch - Croydon
5. Documents Provided:-

-Application Form SET (LR) version 04/2017 -Appointment Booking Checklist -Payment Confirmation
-3 Passports (1 Current and 2 previous passports) -1 Tier 4 Biometric Residence Permit (BRP Card) -Home Office Letters -UK Degree Certificate and Transcripts -Life in the UK Test Letter -Travel Documents (Tickets and boarding pass ) -Covering Letter

Appointment: 6th of September, 2017 Time: 10:00 am

Summary Of Application Process:-
Entry to Lunar House at Croydon- 09:30am, Application Checked 09:45am, Case Registration 10:10am- 10:20am, Biometric Enrolment 10:20- 10:25am, Awaiting Consideration 10:25am- 12:48pm, Under Consideration 12:48pm- 13:48pm, Ready for Collection 13:50pm.

I wish you success in your application, my advice to all is to start preparation as early as possible and try to keep to the term and conditions of your current leave as though time never last but only though people. Life in the UK test was taking in January 2017, PSC appointment booked on 26th of July 2017 for 6th of September 2017 slot (42 days in advance). Application submitted 26 days early of qualifying period as my first entry to the UK was on the 2nd of October 2007, Original and photocopies of the above supporting documents was submitted. Special thanks to God Almighty for his mercies, with God all things are possible and please do not give up as your miracle is on the way. Many thanks to the moderator, the gurus and all the board members who contribute in one way or the other to the success of this application from Tier 4 to Indefinite Leave To Remain.

Congratulations!

Sir Murphy
Mood:

Post by Sir Murphy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:49 am

Many thanks.

RizwanMurtaza
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by RizwanMurtaza » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:49 am

Sir Murphy wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:49 am
Many thanks.
Hi mate, Just a quick question did you change you home address during tier 2 duration, if yes did you updated UKVI about it, I'm bit confused i have changed the address in 2015 but didn't notify UKVI (didn't know about it) as some people are saying you must need to notify with in month..
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:15 am

Blocked Username wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:49 am
Sir Murphy wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:49 am
Many thanks.
Hi mate, Just a quick question did you change you home address during tier 2 duration, if yes did you updated UKVI about it, I'm bit confused i have changed the address in 2015 but didn't notify UKVI (didn't know about it) as some people are saying you must need to notify with in month..
Thanks
Can you please stop spamming and posting your same question in each topic you find. It is not necessary when you already have topic where you are receiving advice already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jewel15
Newly Registered

Post by Jewel15 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Dear Sir Murphy, Congratulations! if you do not mind can you please share your covering letter with us..May God bless you.. Thanks

Sir Murphy
Mood:

Post by Sir Murphy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:51 pm

[quote=Jewel15 post_id=1533296 time=1505135366 user_id=143394]
Dear Sir Murphy, Congratulations! if you do not mind can you please share your covering letter with us..May God bless you.. Thanks.

Dear Jewel15,
Please find the sample of covering letter as requested. This is just a guide to write such that will be suitable for your application as there is no standard letter anywhere. I wish you all the best.
<<<<<<<<THIS LETTER MUST BE REDRAFTED BEFORE USE TO AVOID COPYRIGHT>>>>>>

XX XXXXXX XXXX,
XXXXXX,
XXXX XXX.
Xth XXXXXXXX, 2017
Xxxxx Premium Service Centre, Xxxxx Xxxxxx,
Xx Xxxxxxxxx Xxxx,
Xxxxxxx, XXXX XXX .

Dear Sir/Ma,

APPLICATION FOR INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN
My name is XXXX XXXXX XXXXX born on XXth of XXX 19XX with passport number XXXXXXXX and Residence Permit number XXXXXXXX. I hereby seize this opportunity to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK based on 10 years continuous long residence. I came to the United Kingdom on XXnd of XXX 20XX on Student Visa issued on XXth of XXXXX 20XX and my current Visa will expire on XXth of XXX 20XX.

Full UK Immigration History
Case ID Visa Type Date of Issue Expiry Date
XXXXXXXXXX Tier X Visa XX/XX/XXXX XX/XX/XXXX
XXXXXXXXXX XXXX X XXXX XX/XX/XXXX XX/XX/XXXX
XXXXXXXXXX XXXX X XXXX XX/XX/XXXX XX/XX/XXXX
XXXXXXXXXX Student Visa XX/XX/XXXX XX/XX/XXXX

Please, find completed SET (LR) application form, appointment booking checklist, payment confirmation and other supporting documents that will help to facilitate decision on my application.

Supporting Documents:
• 3 X Xxxxx Passports (1 current and 2 previous)
• 2 X Passport Photographs
• 1 X Tier X Biometric Residence Permit Card
• 4 X Photocopies of Previous Visa
• 5 X Home Office Letters
• 1 X Life in the UK Test Pass Letter
• 3 X UK University Degree Certificates & Transcripts
• 2 X Travel Documents

Continuous Residence: -
Start Date: Monday, XXnd xxxxx 20xx -Exit from Xxxxx stamped on page xx of Passport No Xxxxxxxx - Entry to the UK stamped on page Xx of Passport No Xxxxxxxx
Application Date: Friday, xxth Xxxxxxx 2017.

Therefore, I have lived in United Kingdom for continuous 9 Years 11 Months and 13 Days based on my arrival at Xxxxxx Airport on XXnd of Xxxxxx 20XX. The period of my continuous residence is 3,620 days from date of entry and date of submission of this application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the United Kingdom. I have also travelled out of the UK twice within the period of my continuous residence, a combined total number of xx days as stated below: -
1. Holiday- Atlanta, USA: XX Days From: Monday, XXth XXX 20XX
To : Sunday, Xth XXXX 20XX - Entry and Exit to USA stamped on page X of Passport XXXXXXXXXXX
- Entry back to the UK stamped on page XX of Passport XXXXXXXXXXX

2. Holiday- Paris, France: XX Days From: Tuesday, Xth XXX 20XX
To : Thursday, XXth XXXX 20XX
- Entry and Exit to France stamped on page X of Passport XXXXXXXXX - Entry back to the UK stamped on page XX of Passport XXXXXXXXXXX

Finally, I certify that all the information and documents provided to support this application is correct to the best of my knowledge.

Kind Regards,

Xxxxxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxxx.
Telephone: xxxxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxx.com

robinpaul78
Mood:

Post by robinpaul78 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:47 pm

Applied ILR for my wife and daughter (Tier 1 General dependents). I had got my ILR in June this year.
Booked PEO at Croydon for Saturday 9/09/2017

Appointment: 10:00am got there at 9:45am
Case registration: 10:30am
Biometric: 11:00am
Under Consideration: 2:15pm
Ready for collection : 3:00pm (approved)

Documents provided:
1. Set (O)
2. 2 passport Pics (each)
3. One covering letter from sponsor (me)
4. Original Marriage Certificate
5. Original Non-UK Birth Certificate for my daughter
6. Original Life in the UK Passing Certificate
7. NARIC Proof of Degree + Proof of English Language
8. Cohabitation proof (4 years council tax bills, couple of mortgage-in-principle from different banks, proof of electoral registration for 3 years, NHS letters addressed to parents of my daughter)

Concerns I had:
1. My wife had moved to UK in June 2008 and had a valid UK visa continuously (renewed three times) without any break. All renewals were done outside of UK. So every visa was an Entry Clearance. Hence was unsure if the continuous residence clause was an issue.
2. She was outside of the UK for more than 1100 days in the last 9 years with one absence of more than 900 days continuously.

sreekan2

Post by sreekan2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi, my Ilr was approved last Thursday
at Croydon. It was 10 year route. Can someone please tell me, how long does it take for the brp to arrive?

Bianca27
Newly Registered
Gabon

Post by Bianca27 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:49 pm

The day finally arrived for me after 10 years in the country. :D I am so happy to say that my ILR application was approved earlier this week. I have been reading this forum for the past 5 years and have found so much valuable information. It is only fair that I also share my experience.

Premium Appointment: 9.30am Croydon, got there 15mn early
Case registration immediately on arrival
Biometrics 1st attempt: 10.05am
Biometrics 2nd attempt: 10.25am
Waiting for consideration: 10.30am
Under Consideration: 11:30am
Ready for collection : 12.30pm

Documents provided: Set (LR)
1. 2 passports
2. Application form
3. Online payment confirmation and checklist
4. Degree certificate
5. Life in the UK Certificate
6. 2 photographs

Summary of my visa:
Student visa: 4 years
PSW: 2 years:
Tier 2 General: 6 months
Tier 2 Dependent: 3.5 years

What I found:

I was a Tier 2 dependent for the past 3 years and went to the premium centre twice during these times as my partner renewed his visa and also changed employers.
I always thought that our Tier 2 applications were straightforward (working for a large investment bank) but on each occasion, we booked a morning appointment and always ended up spending 6 or 7 hours at the premium centre.
I was expecting the same treatment for my SET (LR) application but was very surprised that the decision was made in exactly one hour. In fact, I went to have lunch outside and when I came back I was told that I had been called several times to collect my approval letter and documents.
SET(LR) is definitely one of the most straightforward application.

Good luck everyone!

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:54 am

1mm1bunny wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 9:28 am
PEO Croydon for ILR
Appointment 12:20pm
Leaving after 6:30pm
it's long but the actual consideration time (displayed on screen) is only about 1 hour.
I chose Friday because i think caseworker may have a slightly better mood;)
Documents were prepared by solicitor and in absolutely neat/orderly condition.
a minor change of circumstance (salary increase) was reported on SMS 5 months late (yes, it's really late), but this was mentioned in cover letter, employment letter clearly.
Be upfront, don't try to be clever with HO. And HO appreciates you being honest with them. In my case, no questions asked.
BTW, food in the cafe not impressive...
Hi,

congrats on your ILR. I am in a very similar situation.

My employer too reported my pay rise about 6 months late. Can you please let us know what your employer wrote in the cover letter for this?

rdave
Newly Registered
India

Post by rdave » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:23 pm

After spending a lot of time on this website gaining useful information I feel it is only right for me to share my experience. I applied after completing 5 years and 5 months on T2 General. I have applied bit late because I was on maternity during my 5 years completion time.
1. Category. Tier 2 General
2. Number of dependents. 1
3. Total cost. 5772 GBP or close
4. PEO branch. Liverpool

5. Main Documents provided.
My Documents
Payslips (3 most recent)
Bank statement (3 months)
Letter from current employer on pay, SOC, 'required for the foreseeable future'.
Letter from Employer on absence
Letter from Employer on Salary slip (We have online salary slip)
Master's degree certificate
LITUK pass cert
Current passports
Current BRP
2 passport photographs
Evidence of my own property
Council Bill

Depend
Payslips (3 Months)
Life in UK
IELTS pass certificate
Marriage certificate
Bank statement with joint name
UK born Son birth certificate

The only question they were ask regarding to why we are not submitting application for my son and we told no need to. We going through MN1
Overall, it was a pleasant experience. Staff including security staff were very friendly. Total time was 90 mins from start to finish. Appoinment on 2 and finish at 5.

nithin.kriz
Mood:

Post by nithin.kriz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Many thanks to the Gurus for all the inputs.

Today my ILR was granted. BRP is on its way. Just wanted to share my experience

1. Category: SET(LR)
4. PEO branch: Cardiff
5. Documents provided:
SET(LR) Form
Appointment & Payment printout
Passport : 2 (Old expired and new)
BRP cards: 1
Photographs: 2
Life in the UK test: 1
UK Masters Degree Certificate for English language requirement
+ Letter from university confirming award of degree (dont think this is necessary, but included it anyway)

1 set of photocopy for all the above original documents provided (included each page of the old expired passport which contained all the immigration stamps during travel) - I included this in the last minute as I almost missed it being mentioned in the form towards the end on the summary checklist page.

Total absence in 10 year period: 340 days
Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: None

Experience: I arrived at 10:15 am for a 10:30 am appointment. Application +original docs and photocopies collected at reception around 10:25. Biometrics done at 11:00 am and decision letter received around 12:25 pm. Extremely satisfied with the overall experience.

Also, i would like to think my case was quite straight forward with two years of student visa at start, followed by PSW and three tier 2 visas (2 employers). All applications were on time and approved without any breaks or refusals.

Now awaiting BRP and starting to prepare my wife's application for FLR(M).

davidbeckham
Newly Registered

Post by davidbeckham » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:43 am

After spending a lot of time on this website gaining useful information I feel I feel that I have to share my experience. I applied after completing 5 years and 3 months on T2 General for me and my wife. I will apply for my kids using MN1 form
1. Category. Tier 2 General
2. Number of dependents. 1 (wife)
3. Total cost. 5774
4. PEO branch. Croyden

5. Main Documents provided.
My Documents
SET(o) Form
Payslips (6 most recent)
P60 (last 6 years)
Bank statement (3 months) Online statement stamped at branch
Letter from current employer on pay, SOC, 'required for the foreseeable future'.
Letter from Employer on absence
Absence sheet to make it easy for them to calculate the absence
Master's degree certificate
LITUK pass cert
Current passport
Old passport
Current BRP
2 passport photographs
Police Cetrificate
Marriage Certificate
Birth certificate for my 3 kids (all born in UK)

Depend
Cohabiting proof (last 5 years)
Life in UK
English language certificate from Trinity College

Overall, it was a pleasant experience. Staff including security staff were very friendly, however, it took longer than expected. Arrived at 10:15, checked in the reception and then waited till 11:30 for case registration and then went out for shopping and lunch and came back at around 2 but has to wait till 16:30 when we were told that application was successful, no question asked and i believe it depends on presentation (file preparation and organization). Spend and some and effort to prepare you case and have a legend on top of the file to guide the case worker through your documents. Good luck all.

lockwork
Newly Registered

Post by lockwork » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:36 pm

1. Category: SET(LR) -- 10 years lawful residence
2. Number of dependents: 0
3. Total cost: £2,887
4. PEO branch: Croydon
5. Documents provided:
  • SET(LR) Form
  • Checklist (print-out from the appointment confirmation email)
  • Fee confirmation (print-out from the payment confirmation email)
  • Current passport
  • Previous passport
  • Police registration certificate
  • Biometric residence permit
  • Two identical photos (name and date of birth written on the back)
  • Life in the UK Pass Letter
  • UK higher education degree certificate
  • 1 copy of each of the above (except for the first three, and the photos). For passports, the photo page, and all pages that included any vignettes / stamps from the Home Office (UKVI) or immigration officers at the borders.
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: N/A
7. Any Additional Comments: Appointment was at 9:00, went in at 8:30, left just after 12:00. I am no expert, but I believe it helps towards a quicker process to put only the required documents and their photocopies in the file. By all means bring all sorts of other documents with you if you think they may be needed -- if they are they will call you and you can present them.
My immigration summary (roughly):
  • Student -- 4.5 years
  • Post-Study Work Visa -- 2 years
  • FLR(M) -- 3.5 years

Skydiver007
Newly Registered

Post by Skydiver007 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:35 am

Hi Members
First of all thanks for your valuable contributions
I Got my ILR BRP yesterday below is timelime and details
Visa Type T2 G
ILR Type : 5 year continues period on T2 G
ILR Application Date : 16 Sep 2017
Centre : Corydon
Number of Applicants : 1 Main 3 Dependents (me , wife and two kids under 16)
Fee paid : ~12k
Token Time : 08:20 AM
Biometrics: 09:30 AM
Re_call for one of biometric: 09:50 AM
Collection of Results: 01:20 PM (Successful) No questions or explaination asked :D
Documents Submitted:
1. Set(o) filled
2. 2+6 fotos
3. 3 month pay slips
4. 3 month bank statements + last month transictions printed on paper via online portal stamped by bank (pay and rent highlighted)
5. 5 P90
6. 3 letters (cover + slalry letter from employee + absence letter from employee)
7. LIUK (main + dependent)
8. IELTS expired ( for main as per forum Q&A) :idea:
9. SELTS for wife pass as B2
10. Merrage certificate
11. 2 birth certificates for kids
12. 1 council tax showing name of both (me +wife) only last year
13. Rent agreement showing name of both (me +wife) only last year
14. Poll card for last election showing name of wife
15. Her driving licence
16. 4 BRPs
17 All passport new + expired (total 9)

Any question do ask, i had lot of other documents as backup but thankfully they didn't ask for anything e.g 5 year counsil tax , 5 year bank statement , 12 months stemped pay slips etc.

Thanks

dahuja
Newly Registered

Post by dahuja » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:55 pm

Dear all,

I had a premium appointment today at Liverpool for ILR based on LR. The appointment went very smoothly and I was granted the ILR.

Appointment for SET(LR)

Reached PEO - 12.25
Appointment Scheduled - 13.00
Called for Document Collection - 13.05
Documents confirmed to be in order - 13.20
Called for Biometrics - 13.35
Case submitted for consideration - 13.45
Decision given - 15.30

No questions asked.

The documents I submitted were -
Application form SET(LR), Appointment Confirmation form, Two Passports (covering 10 years), BRP, LIUK, PhD and MSc degrees from UK, Marriage certificate and birth certificate for my son.

I had a concern re: an extra 3 hours of employment that I had done with a different employer (other than my Tier 2 sponsor) so I submitted a letter from my T2 sponsor as well as from the other employer confirming that the role was within my remit.

I did not submit any other extra documents even though I had my payslips, HMRC documents, bank statements with me for pretty much the whole 10 years. I asked the lady who took the documents and she said that I should only submit what has been asked.

Overall, a good experience!! and finally, the stress of appointment is gone. :D :D

Now on to MN1 for my son and FLR(M) for my wife.