ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ajitk1
BANNED

Re: Permanent Residence Card - Processing Time 2017

Post by ajitk1 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:53 am

Nellow wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:04 pm
Hello all member,
Ajitka1 Thanks for your comment on my question , you know what last time when you had arguments with one of the member I thought you may be a psycho . But now I am sure you are psycho case so you don’t worry about my questions Anyways once again good luck to you.
And
Thanks for those member who send me message privately and solve my problem.

2 EEA and 1 non EEA
My time line is :—-

Application submitted — 21 April 2017
Ho received application— 22 April 2017
Acknowledgement (via Email) — 09 May 2017
Biometric letter — 20 June 2017
Biometric done — 28 June 2017
COA — Never received
Decision— pending

Guys once I will heard anything from HO i will update you.
Dear Nellow,
This is not an agony aunt column where you constantly moan about your application. Others are plain fed up reading the same lines over 2 months (at least) You, your friend Arunacherry who thankfully has left, aksharm, all misuse this forum for your private agenda. This is for TIMELINE yet people like you ask for advice on what questions may be asked and how you should reply. For that you should go to a solicitor not irritate the others with your inanity. You are well aware that HO will not give you an answer until 6 months have elapsed since application yet you keep badgering people here.
Curious to know how you managed to get private messages when its prohibited here!!!!
Shows how you are misusing the system.

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:33 am

EEA Application as EU citizens 2 adults and 1 child

Application submitted online — 17 September 2017
Ho received application—17 September 2017
Acknowledgement (via Email) — 17 September 2017
Documents sent using Passport Returning Service and received by HO - 21 September 2017
Decision— pending

Surprisingly the checking website recognizes the case ID for all applicants and sows decision waiting as from 17th of September, the day I have submitted online, before they even got the documents.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:11 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:44 pm
venomby wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:36 pm
akshar wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:23 pm
Hi,

I need advice it is very urgent. I have BRP permanenet residence card. I changed my passpprt and it is different name to my BRP card and i want it to be same as it appears on my passport. Can I use the premium one day service ?????

No you cannot. Same day service is available for ILR not PR
The OP already has PR!!

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/replace
When i oppened this link it says you can also applt for replacements if there is change in name. Does it mean i can do premium service ?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 am

akshar wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:11 am
CR001 wrote:
venomby wrote:
akshar wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:23 pm
Hi,

I need advice it is very urgent. I have BRP permanenet residence card. I changed my passpprt and it is different name to my BRP card and i want it to be same as it appears on my passport. Can I use the premium one day service ?????
The OP already has PR!!

When i oppened this link it says you can also applt for replacements if there is change in name. Does it mean i can do premium service ?
BRPs are issued for applications under the UK Immigration Rules. They have same-day service.

PR Cards are issued under the EEA Regulations. They do not have same-day service. For replacement cards issued under the EEA Regulations, see Get replacement residence card.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Twine

Post by Twine » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:28 am

Nellow wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:06 pm
Twine wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:27 pm
Update ...yes, an actual post about timelines!

Timeline - Joint application for PR by EEA and non-EEA married couple

Application sent (online): 22/04/2017
Payment taken: 22/04/2017
Supporting documentation sent (mail): 24/04/2017
Confirmation email: 24/04/2017
Biometric letter received: 01/07/2017 (dated 27/06/2017)
Biometric details submitted: 03/07/2017
COA received: 24/07/2017

Requested return of passports: 19/09/2017
Online Status: 'Decided' since 21/09/2017 (Application status updated on 19/09/2017)

Documents received: Pending...
PR cards received: Pending...

Hi Twine,
I applied on 21st March 2017 . I still didn’t heard from HO ......... :( My refrance Number never got recognised. Anyone in this situation and if I will call to HO tomorrow what should I expect from them to ask me ... pls advise if possible.
Many Thanks
Hi Nellow,

Throughout this thread you have alternatively stated that you applied on 21 March and 21 April.

If the date is the former (March), then the Home Office have probably received your application exactly six months ago today. You could try to contact them on Monday with copies of your submitted documentation to hand to answer any questions posed. I have no idea what will be asked as I am not a lawyer or immigration expert in any shape or form. But (assuming that you provided all the necessary information with your application and your situation is genuine) this process is just a formality and all you can do is wait.

If the date is the latter (April), then you need to relax for the next month or so and only consider contacting the Home Office on Monday 23 October.

Keep positive,
Twine

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:25 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 am
akshar wrote:
CR001 wrote:
venomby wrote:
The OP already has PR!!

BRPs are issued for applications under the UK Immigration Rules. They have same-day service.

PR Cards are issued under the EEA Regulations. They do not have same-day service. For replacement cards issued under the EEA Regulations, see Get replacement residence card.

With all due respects to the moderator Casa, I think its time we stop indulging persons like the original poster.
This is Time LIne. NOT for premium service availablity etc. This poster will question every response he receives. When told he will have to reapply he says since he received only one month ago why should he reapply. He claims its minor. A name change is minor!!!!! If the issue of name change is minor why is he making it a major issue here? Casa gave him the link and he wants additional details!!! I dont believe Casa is an immigration advisor or else she would have provided more details. So the rest he has to do himself. Call HO or go to a solicitor. He cant be allowed to send 4 posts a day asking the same question.
Others have advised him and he has objections to the response. Why is this nuisance being pampered?
Do you not respect other users who dont want to read gibberish and cross questioning? Why cant he go to gov.uk where we all go and look for the information he wants. He wants someone to tell him that he can apply via premium service. He can just go ahead and apply instead of asking us for a week now. Simon here informed that PR is different from ILR but he continues to cross examine someone trying to help. No one here is his personal advisor. They are only able to tell you what they have experienced.

Rocky199
Newly Registered

Post by Rocky199 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi All
Ea +non eu applied online for pr=6/06/2017
confirmation=7/06/2017
biometric for non eu=31/07/2017
coa for non eu=13/08/2017
pr for eu and non eu all documents received=22/09/2017
decided on =15/09/2017
Thank you and Best of luck...take care

fanthara
Newly Registered

Post by fanthara » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:33 pm

UPDATE: Online pplications for 2 eea nationals and 1 non-eea national (married couple and child)

applications sent: 06/05/2017
Payment taken: 06/05/2017
Confirmations of online applications received: 08/05/2017
Supporting documents posted: 09/05/2017
Biometrics letter reiceived: 13/07/2017
Biometrics sent: 14/07/2017
CoA: 26/07/2017 (dated 22/07/2017)
Application status: DECIDED on 11/09/2017
PR received: 22/09/2017 (dated 16/09/2017)

Now I haven't received my husband's and son's passports (or PRs) and documents yet. Is this normal? In the letter with my PR says I should have received a letter with the answer but I never received it.

Another thing that I am confused about is that my PR (non-eea) has an expiration date! I thought permanent residence meant PERMANENT! Can anyone explain me that?

One more thing, with this PR in hands, how long I should wait to apply for citizenship? 1 year from the date of PR or 1 year from the date of application received as I have seen before.?

Many thanks!

quernica
Newly Registered

Post by quernica » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:17 pm

fanthara wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:33 pm

Another thing that I am confused about is that my PR (non-eea) has an expiration date! I thought permanent residence meant PERMANENT! Can anyone explain me that?

One more thing, with this PR in hands, how long I should wait to apply for citizenship? 1 year from the date of PR or 1 year from the date of application received as I have seen before.?

Many thanks!

It is a PR card but it lasts 10 years, you need to renew it before it expires therefore I would apply for citizenship next year.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... rd_renewal

In order to renew or get a replacement permanent residence card you will
need to make a fresh EEA4 application with a covering letter explaining
why you need a replacement or renew the certificate. The evidence of
residency covering the period from when the permanent residence card was
issued and when you make a fresh application will need to be supplied.

citizenships; 1 year from the date of PR

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:58 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 am
akshar wrote:
CR001 wrote:
venomby wrote:
The OP already has PR!!

That means i have to fill in the application 85 pages again and pay the fee plus waiting 6 months again :( :( :( i hace recently received my brp permanent residence card and now all stresses..

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:02 pm

Ajitik1 you talk too much rubbish. With respect to the forum I dont say anything bad words but you i dont know what you are! Get the hell out of here.

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:19 am

akshar wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:02 pm
Ajitik1 you talk too much rubbish. With respect to the forum I dont say anything bad words but you i dont know what you are! Get the hell out of here.
akshar, you are the one who talks rubbish here!!!! This is a time line forum, yet you have for the last week, been asking about change of name. Earlier you were instructed by the moderator to start your own thread and after failing to get a response you keep posting your matter as if users in this forum are here to serve you.
We are not interested in your matter. Too bad the moderator is being too flexible and letting you continue to post what is your private and personal topic here.
You have been posting this topic for over a month with a break of 2 weeks. Now you have restarted. Even after people share their knowledge you post questions. Nobody here wants to know about your topic and respond out of kindness but you are taking advantage.
BTW the last phrase is rude and bad words!!!! This is not your personal friends zone.

Badis
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Badis » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:26 am

Badis wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:50 am
Hello CHARLES T
we are in the same route dear.
I am non EEA family married to an (Irish,british) citizen after 5years of marriage.
I did apply for PR. My timeline as fellow:
Application sent on: 23/08/2017
Application recieved: 24/08/2017
Payment taken on:25/08/2017
I wish everything's goes well for both of us. I think at the moment HO are so busy also don't need to get stress as they can process our application without update us by letters or email, know as well that our application can take up to 6months and half we keep hopefully dear any update I will post it ASAP :P
Hello guys quick update
Email confirmation with ID case on 19/09/17
Biometric letters received on 21/09/17
Biometric done on 21/09/17
Online statue : awaiting
Wish things goes alright and faster too.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:00 pm

ajitk1 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:19 am
akshar wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:02 pm
akshar, you are the one who talks rubbish here!!!! This is a time line forum, yet you have for the last week, been asking about change of name. Earlier you were instructed by the moderator to start your own thread and after failing to get a response you keep posting your matter as if users in this forum are here to serve you.
We are not interested in your matter. Too bad the moderator is being too flexible and letting you continue to post what is your private and personal topic here.
You have been posting this topic for over a month with a break of 2 weeks. Now you have restarted. Even after people share their knowledge you post questions. Nobody here wants to know about your topic and respond out of kindness but you are taking advantage.
BTW the last phrase is rude and bad words!!!! This is not your personal friends zone.
Okk. I dont like arguing with women. It is not in my character.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:30 pm

akshar wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:00 pm
I dont like arguing with women. It is not in my character.
Careful with such language, which may be perceived as sexist. Everybody is equal on these forums. On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

@AjitK1, the moderators did try policing the timeline threads to make them stick to timelines. But it was way too much work. Remember that the moderators are unpaid volunteers who give up their time to help others out. At the end of the day, discipline must come from within, not be imposed from outside.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

akshar
- thin ice -

Post by akshar » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:03 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:30 pm
akshar wrote:
Careful with such language, which may be perceived as sexist. Everybody is equal on these forums. On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

@AjitK1, the moderators did try policing the timeline threads to make them stick to timelines. But it was way too much work. Remember that the moderators are unpaid volunteers who give up their time to help others out. At the end of the day, discipline must come from within, not be imposed from outside.
Secret simon, But this Ajitk1 always abuses talks negatively on this forum. People have question and ask here obviously they want help and advice. But this Ajitk1 is arguing with everyone here. I humbly suggest to block this person.

Afalimar11
- thin ice -
Morocco

Post by Afalimar11 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi all
This is my time line
Applied joined application for PR non European and European married for 5 years
Apllied via solicitor
20 July 2017
Bio still waiting nothing yet
Been a while now hopefully next week some good news
Good luck

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:47 pm

akshar wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:03 pm
secret.simon wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:30 pm
akshar wrote:

Secret simon, But this Ajitk1 always abuses talks negatively on this forum. People have question and ask here obviously they want help and advice. But this Ajitk1 is arguing with everyone here. I humbly suggest to block this person.
Simon you are described as a "Guru". As much as you are absolutely right about moderators, the forum will descend into chaos if there is not even a bit of control.
This arrogant akshar has been for a minimum of 5 months, posting queries that dont belong here. He refuses to obey moderators requests. You cannot go wherever you desire and ask your questions. Then counter question the responses. If one wants help go to a solicitor. Dont argue here. Read his posts. He writes like he has a right to a response and EXPLANATION. Earlier he even wrote criticizing people for not responding to his queries. I have always maintained that a certain amount of flexibility is necessary but getting 4 posts a day about something not relevant to the users of THIS forum should not be tolerated.
You are right what can a decent person accept from a bigotted Muslim middle eastern misogynist? His attitude towards women is betrayed here. And so is the typical arrogance of an Arab.
Guru Simon can you advise me how you would treat some arrogant pushy person who does not know the meaning of discipline, but thinks other users of this forum are availabe at his beck and call? Never seen a more annoying poster as akshar
Last edited by ajitk1 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:56 pm

Afalimar11 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:40 pm
Hi all
This is my time line
Applied joined application for PR non European and European married for 5 years
Apllied via solicitor
20 July 2017
Bio still waiting nothing yet
Been a while now hopefully next week some good news
Good luck
Dear Afalimar!
2 months and nothing yet!!! Applied through a solicitor!!
Are you certain your application has been posted by the solicitor?
It certainly does not appear to be so.

Afalimar11
- thin ice -
Morocco

Post by Afalimar11 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Thanks for the reply but I just put this as a time line that's all don't need some one to stress me out
I am sure he applied
Guess people are lucky to get it sooner I am not

jbutterfly
Newly Registered

Post by jbutterfly » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:02 am

Hi,
I've applyied in the end of January this year. Sent all documents, payment has been taken... Till now got nothing. Neither my doucemnts back or resident card... Had tryed everything to get them back but I got a feeling I will not receive it back. I come from Poland - I start to think that is the main reason I have been treated that way... Well... Good luck everyone.

007RAHEEL

Post by 007RAHEEL » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:14 am

jbutterfly wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:02 am
Hi,
I've applyied in the end of January this year. Sent all documents, payment has been taken... Till now got nothing. Neither my doucemnts back or resident card... Had tryed everything to get them back but I got a feeling I will not receive it back. I come from Poland - I start to think that is the main reason I have been treated that way... Well... Good luck everyone.
It’s all because of Brexit I think but don’t loose hope.
Write to this email id you will get response in 20 days mention your case id home Office reference date of application.
complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Also try to contact you local mp they are quite helpful.
Keep me updated too.

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:27 am

007RAHEEL wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:14 am
jbutterfly wrote:
Hi,
Write to this email id you will get response in 20 days mention your case id home Office reference date of application.

Keep me updated too.
Let us not make it an us v/s them issue. The case workers dont target any nationality specifically. They are ostensibly processing cases impartially and Ive not heard of any specific country being discriminated against. It is frustrating yes!!!
The fact is after 8 months if you dont get a response there is something seriously wrong and the first thought is it could be lost in the post.
Kindly try the complaints email and alongside approach your local MP. This seems to be the most appropiate action to take.

jbutterfly
Newly Registered

Post by jbutterfly » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:44 pm

ajitk1 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:27 am
007RAHEEL wrote:
jbutterfly wrote:
Hi,

Keep me updated too.
Let us not make it an us v/s them issue. The case workers dont target any nationality specifically. They are ostensibly processing cases impartially and Ive not heard of any specific country being discriminated against. It is frustrating yes!!!
The fact is after 8 months if you dont get a response there is something seriously wrong and the first thought is it could be lost in the post.
Kindly try the complaints email and alongside approach your local MP. This seems to be the most appropiate action to take.
Thanks for answer but I've already sent 2 complains, 3 requests for my documents back,made plenty phone calls, had contacted local MP who adviced me to get help from lawyer... Have no idea what else I could do... Didn't mean to offend anyone by saying I've got problems to get my documents back because I'm Polish.

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:45 pm

jbutterfly wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:44 pm
ajitk1 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:27 am
007RAHEEL wrote:
jbutterfly wrote:
Hi,

Keep me updated too.
Thanks for answer but I've already sent 2 complains, 3 requests for my documents back,made plenty phone calls, had contacted local MP who adviced me to get help from lawyer... Have no idea what else I could do... Didn't mean to offend anyone by saying I've got problems to get my documents back because I'm Polish.
You are in a very serious situation. I can imagine the anguish you are suffering. I once read here of someone sending an email to Amber Rudd and Theresa May and there were some positive results. You can try doing that as a last resort. The lawyer will cost you a lot of money. You may be able to get the official emails of the two somewhere.