ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:08 pm

thanks for the response steve.

i got a letter for an interview, booked an appointment for next week, availability for appointments is good.

the guy from the home office (?) said that it would take upto 5 working days for the passport after the interview and upto 3 weeks for the indian passport.

steve567
Newly Registered

Post by steve567 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:18 pm

for my, i did not need to attend interview. I was in east london area at that time. But they asked me about proof of my address in last 3 years. They dont accept bank statements and utility bill. What they want was mortgage letter and letter from my employers.

a week after sending those docs, they posted my passports in 2 consecutive days. I have no idea why your old passport will be kept there for more day. No clue at all

agganesh
Newly Registered

Post by agganesh » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:39 pm

OCI is faster than PIO card!

They take 4 months to process PIO card now a days. (I remember they did it in 5 days for my first kid but took 4 months for second one) HCI london web site says you will get OCI in 12 weeks.

If you want to travel in 3/4 weeks time then you better apply for visa through 3rd parties (travel agents). Another option is look out for Visa surgery, go in person on that day and get stamped on the same day.

Best of luck
thirdwave wrote:
rogerroger wrote:third wave
I need my new passport sooner rather than later as I need to apply for an OCI card, which I understand can take months and I am due to travel to India in a few months time..
why dont you apply for a PIO card, the embassy processes PIO cards in 3 weeks or you can apply for an indian visa and when you return you can apply for the PIO or OIC card.
Roger,
I don`t want to spend any more money on this immigration business than I have to but I`ll definitely consider the PIO card instead of the OCI if I am short on time..

johnj60
Newly Registered

Post by johnj60 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:16 pm

Citizenship

NCS or Postal : Postal
Date of submission or posting : 31 Jan 08
CRITERIA : Spouse 3yrs
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 08 Feb 08
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 06 Feb 08
Date of receipt of approval : 07 March 08
Date of Ceremony : Waiting
Date of appln. for passport : N/A
Method used : N/A
Date of Receipt : N/A

Pretty quick I thought

1963British

Post by 1963British » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:15 pm

johnj60, that was pretty fast. My children were just approved for discretionary registration and like you it was around four weeks.

Why some applications completely defy the wait times posted by the Home Office amazes me. I know that some attribute a fast turn around by using NCS but we both went the postal route.

In my childrens case, there was complete documentation, more than required, the application form was typed up so it was very neat and easy to read.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:16 pm

johnj60 wrote:Citizenship

Date of submission or posting : 31 Jan 08
CRITERIA : Spouse 3yrs
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 08 Feb 08
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 06 Feb 08
Date of receipt of approval : 07 March 08
Date of Ceremony : Waiting

Pretty quick I thought
Wait till you hear mine :lol:

Having said that, I don`t think I am going to post it as I don`t think it serves any practical purpose..Suffice to say that there is a large variation in processing time for AN applications, from 10 working days to over 6-8 (or more) months in certain cases

shabrawy
Newly Registered

Post by shabrawy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:14 am

When are the passports and other ID documents sent back?
I mean do they send them before approval or they have to be kept until after approval??

johnj60
Newly Registered

Post by johnj60 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:37 am

shabrawy got my documents with the approval letter via securemail.

deepakmehtauk

Post by deepakmehtauk » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:34 am

ILR for a 64 yr old widow mum as dependant on son who is a British Citizen.

Postal.
Date of application - 24th March 2007.
Acknowledgement received - 26th March 2007.
Credit card - 28th March 2007.
Letter asking for some clarification - 26th April 2007.
Refusal notice received - 19th Jan 2008.
Deadline for appeal - 6th Feb 2008.
Appeal heard on - 6th March 2008.
Determination received - 14th March 2008. (successful)

Now waiting to see if the HO re-appeals against this or stamps her passport with ILR. Incidentally, HO sent no representative for the hearing & hence we are optimistic.

Deepak Mehta.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:30 pm

here is the timeline for my wife

date of application - 31st of march 2007
citizenship ceremony invitation received - july 2007 ( we had moved addresses, hence the
citizenship ceremony - september 2007
application for passport - 16th feb
interview for passport - 6th march
receipt of old passport + naturalisation certificate - 11th march
receipt of new british passport - 13th march

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:38 pm

Dawie, just a quick update..I returned after my brief trip abroad on my Indian passport without any problems. I had a whole list of responses ready but the Immigration chap asked me absolutely nothing!Further evidence that ppl in HO cannot tell their ars*s from their elbows :lol:

shabrawy
Newly Registered

Post by shabrawy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi everyone, Got a question:

Are the two refrees on AN forms for naturalisation contacted in all applications or they are just investigated?

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:19 pm

shabrawy wrote:Hi everyone, Got a question:

Are the two refrees on AN forms for naturalisation contacted in all applications or they are just investigated?
I think there might be random checks on referees but they are quite infrequent. Referees of less straightforward applicants or those of people hailing from 'certain' nationalities are more likely to be checked, leading to long delays in processing..

gaman

Post by gaman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Should I call HO or wait a few more weeks?

I applied for naturalisation through Wandsworth NCS on the 17th March 08. But haven't heard anything yet and the money hasn't been taken out of my credit card yet.
Should I worry or wait and what would be the first point of contact , Wandsworth NCS or HO?
Thank you in advance for your replies.

Golben_bird
Newly Registered

Post by Golben_bird » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:58 pm

gaman wrote:Should I call HO or wait a few more weeks?

I applied for naturalisation through Wandsworth NCS on the 17th March 08. But haven't heard anything yet and the money hasn't been taken out of my credit card yet.
Should I worry or wait and what would be the first point of contact , Wandsworth NCS or HO?
Thank you in advance for your replies.
Hi
I applied on 11th March via NCS in Oldham (near Manchester). I have not heard anything since then from HO. No money have been taken from my credit card. If it helps - you are not alone :D .

gaman

Post by gaman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:20 pm

thanks Golden_bird ooopsss!!! Golben_bird- probably they are busy at this time of the year or may be there is a rush of applicants due to recent news about citizenship changes.
Finger crossed, it will be done soon :) and glad to know that I am not alone!!

PaulM

Post by PaulM » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:43 am

Do NCS help to check documents for ILR or just Citizenship?

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:43 pm

PaulM wrote:Do NCS help to check documents for ILR or just Citizenship?
NCS only processes Naturalisation & Registration applications

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:47 pm

gaman wrote:thanks Golden_bird ooopsss!!! Golben_bird- probably they are busy at this time of the year or may be there is a rush of applicants due to recent news about citizenship changes.Finger crossed, it will be done soon :) and glad to know that I am not alone!!
You are right..Check the link

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... litydelays

Last time this sort of thing happened was in Nov 2005 after the govt introduced the Life in UK test..IIRC, the subsequent deluge of applicants lead to a delay of around 4-6 months in the processing of applications..

gaman

Post by gaman » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks thirdwave for the link. It makes sense now!

Golben_bird
Newly Registered

Post by Golben_bird » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:27 am

Today HO took off their fee from my credit card. That happened more that 5 weeks after my docs arrived to them.

shabrawy
Newly Registered

Post by shabrawy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:21 pm

Citizenship

Date of submission or posting : 29/2/08
CRITERIA : 10yrs+1 ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 12/3/08
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 15/3/08
Date of receipt of approval : 15/4/08 (Dated 10/4/08 )
Invitation Letter: 18/4/08
Date of Ceremony : 22/4/08

shire19
Newly Registered

Post by shire19 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:42 am

Coming 9th of May, I would have been waiting 1 year for an decision on my naturalisation application. Lately I have contacted my MP and he has in return contacted the Home Office on my behalf. The reply that came back said that they are doing character checks and its time-period has no limit.

As an EEA national and an resident of Europe for most of my life, I find it strange that security checks such as these would take so long as they should be readily available.

Anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do to speed this process up?
They would contact me if they couldnt check up on one of my references right?

thanks in advance

stacyf
Newly Registered

Post by stacyf » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:51 pm

I've been waiting almost 7 weeks since submitting my naturalisation application via NCS, and I still haven't received acknowledgment or had my card debited. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Also, does anyone know whether delays are occurring to the whole process, or once they finally assign my application to someone should it take the usual amount of time from that point on?
Thanks

tuna108
Newly Registered

Post by tuna108 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:22 pm

Same boat here..been almost 5 weeks since submission through NCS. no news yet.. no charge on card either.