ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by agnieszka1509 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:21 am

Congrats Sid :D :D :D :D

Can you tell me if you were giving any reasons when escalating your case?

Thanks

Agnieszka

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:36 am

baig5035 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:47 am
Alexkowalski87 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 pm
TalitaZ wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:09 am
europehelpme wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:59 am

I understand this but it would still be helpful to know if those that are waiting 100+ days if they are from cities which had higher processing times in May.

I applied in a city which outlined 100% were processed in 30 days in May 2017. If others who have applied in cities with shorter processing times (15 days/30 days) have waited 100+ days I am just going to request my passport to be sent back.

Hi,

I applied from Dusseldorf in June, processing times for May were 98% in 15 days / 98% in 30 days / 100% in 60 days. Our application took 35 working days (but with an escalation and a LOT of pressure from MP, Solvit etc. as my husband's Schengen Visa had expired)
I know someone else who also applied from Dusseldorf and still didn't have any Visa after the 60 working days had passed, so I guess you just can't tell. It's so frustrating.

Good luck!
T
Precisely, if you dont have a decent reason, there is no way to be granted a visa.
but what happened after a lot of pressure did you get visa? and kindly its a informative forum explain clearly.
Yes, my husband got his Visa. I have posted several times in this thread with our timeline and results, in this post I was just replying to a specific question with regards to application times. (regardless of outcome/decision)

TalitaZ

Post by TalitaZ » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:37 am

sidkapure wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:05 pm
Hi All,
On Exact 120 working day, I got the Visa.

Got email in the morning picked up in the afternoon.

What a relief.

Good luck All.

Sid
Glad to hear this, so happy for you!

Fernandes007
Newly Registered

Post by Fernandes007 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Congrats Sid!

I'm still sitting on 112 working days. First escalation done.

Good luck everyone.

sidkapure
India

q

Post by sidkapure » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:17 pm

Hello All,

Thanks for all the messages, And u really wish from the bottom of my heart that you all get positive news.

I will try to answers everyone's questions.

1. The maximum days from Mumbai were 90 Days but when I applied they emailed me that it is 12 weeks.
2. I received two emails during passport pickup. One it said - "Your processed visa application was received at the UK Visa Application Centre . If a courier service was purchased from VFS, your processed visa application will be delivered to the chosen address. If not, the documents can be collected from the centre during the designated passport collection times."
Second "The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF000000 was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 9/21/2017
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email."

3. I emailed to quite a lot of people just random from ukvi website. The one I did recently are :-
ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com
office@brandonlewis.co,
Toby.Willmer@parliament.uk - I lied saying I live in Stevanage cos he is MP of stevanage and something in UKVI. Just took a chance. But he never replied
foirequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
complaintsreview@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk - Ref to Brandon Lewis - & (Mark Thomson Director)
support@ukvi.custhelp.com
Quote Complain reference no. and GWF everywhere.
Basically I sent messages everywhere I got a chance. Every week.

4. I Escalated around 5 Times and Everytime I did and above emails, I sounded desperate which was all true by the way. I said, I am extremely stress my partner's health is unwell because of this uncertainity, my Financial and Family life is at extreme stake cos I have £20K Private Loans which I took for Masters and now I am sitting home after completing graduation and near to bankruptcy, I said I am on Anxiety Medication and all these things are happening without my mistake. I was told 12 weeks maximum and not 120 Days. UKVI has 100% broken EU law Directive 8 of giving EEA Family member priority because in reality you don't even need Visa to go to UK its just so the airport process is easy and secondly They broke Article 8 Human Rights Freedom to Family because mine and my partner's future life is very close to be ruined due to this and its unnecessary. I said the time which has already taken is more than enough considering they said on 20th April its in the hand of ECO to process my case. I also said that I checked with my banks, landlords, employer and all the references I gave in the visa application and I have proof that no one was being contacted so in reality my case hasn't even been touched. (I made that up actually I wasnt sure. I just took chance.)

I think calling them is waste of time. Emails are proof if you take it to ombudsman as well. I was about to take my case to ombudsman as well but I got the visa. So that was my last option. I am still gonna ask them to give me enough reasons to take so long and pay me the financial loss which is genuine.

It was painful 5 months finally booked ticket to go London on 8th Oct. Now there is a little Drama with Residence Card cos I read today that it won't be valid when Brexit happens. So I don't know how to prove my work rights to employers.

This is all happening due to Brexit rules and regulation as soon there is going to be a cut off time and people who come to EU later has to go thru different route I guess. All money making schemes and EEA family permit is Free.

I wish all good luck

Sid

sidkapure
India

Post by sidkapure » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:54 pm

I wrote a huge reply but I think someone deleted it. Strange.

Thanks Everyone for your messages.

I wish everyone all the best. Gonna find where my reply to everyone went and will post it again. I listed all the emails I sent everyone.

Sid

baig5035
BANNED
Pakistan

Post by baig5035 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:49 pm

sidkapure wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:54 pm

I wish everyone all the best. Gonna find where my reply to everyone went and will post it again. I listed all the emails I sent everyone.

Sid
No body can delete anyone else post.....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:07 pm

sidkapure wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Sid
Your post required approval from a moderator first. It is there now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

baig5035
BANNED
Pakistan

Post by baig5035 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:02 am

Hi Sid,

thanks that you provided all detail very helpful.

i just want to ask the emails you used to get update you email to each individually or CC to all?

Thanks

sidkapure
India

Post by sidkapure » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:37 am

Individually

baig5035
BANNED
Pakistan

Post by baig5035 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:24 am

sidkapure wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:37 am
Individually
Many thanks for your quick reply. To every one you explain same story or different and what you suggest if we put all to in CC. That same time everyone see that email go to other department and may be they response quickly i think like that but of course you gone through all this entire process and touch the success your opinion is valuable. Thanks

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:29 pm

Congrats Sid

But well, all those emails is for nothing, you can say "I wanna be dead" is for nothing, UKGOv dont even care. Just they give you the visa because are 120 days maximum, thats all. Im Spanish and to my husband say first 60 days and now 120, so just we need wait, not complaining 1038392 times, that's just wast the time.

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:07 pm

Congratz Sid!

Update:

Applied on the 3rd of July 2017
Not Straightforward email on 21st of July 2017
Escalated on 1st of September 2017

Anyone with the same time-frame do not hesitate to share your experience please!

alexns93
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by alexns93 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:48 pm

Hi people,

I've applied for EEA FAMILY PERMIT on 8th of June from Belgrade, Serbia. It's has been passed 76 working days since then. Processing waiting time for this country is still 15 working days, they didn't change it.
* On 26th of June I received an email that my application is not straightforward.
* In early August I paid 5 pounds to ask about my application.
* On 6th of September I called them to escalate my case which I did and now I'm waiting next week to call them again.

One thing that happened to me is that first I called wrong number in August this year, this one: 0300 123 2253, where I gave my information once, but after that every time when I called that number they were saying how they are not dealing with applications outside the UK, which is actually true, but I was so nervous and upset that I called that number many times to see what is going on. Anyway, 6 days ago I received an email from Sheffield:

Thank you for your enquiry

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
RM
UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre

Is there anyone here who received the same email. I don't know what to thing. Are they are telling me that my application is REALLY NOT STRAIGHTFORWARD, or the person who took my information actually made a mistake thinking that I'm applying for other visa. Is this the answer from sending them paid email in the beginning of August or something else. I'm so afraid what results are gonna be at the end. I guess that when they open my application will see that I actually applied for EEA FAMILY PERMIT and not for spouse or other type of visa.

Note: On 6th of September I called the right number, this one: 00 44 203 481 1736, when I actually escalated my case. But I don't know why I'm the only one who received the email that I just showed you. I hope that calling the wrong number and giving my information to maybe a wrong person will not affect my application. :( :|

And if my case is REALLY NOT STRAIGHTFORWARD, is there big possibility that I'm going to be refused or they just need to check all the documents and other stuff?

I hope someone will give me advice. :/

Best Regards

Esperan24
Newly Registered

Post by Esperan24 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi,

As you can see in previous post I have mentioned about my application I have applied from Mumbai Vfs North
I have applied on 24 May 2017 and I did my escalation too. Got a reply saying that it will take 90 working days as of for Mumbai it is 90 working days... After that I also got the below email.

As we have previously advised the processing of your application has not been straightforward, we continue to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK.

So I guess it is same email which u received. Hopefully I should hear something... Soon I think we all have to Pray and wait for our time.

Hope I get my visa soon and have reunion with my hubby ..hope God fulfill my wish and make my wait a fruitful one.g

All the best guys and good luck.
alexns93 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:48 pm
Hi people,

I've applied for EEA FAMILY PERMIT on 8th of June from Belgrade, Serbia. It's has been passed 76 working days since then. Processing waiting time for this country is still 15 working days, they didn't change it.
* On 26th of June I received an email that my application is not straightforward.
* On 6th of September I called them to escalate my case which I did and now I'm waiting next week to call them again.

One thing that happened to me is that first I called wrong number in August this year, this one: 0300 123 2253, where I gave my information once, but after that every time when I called that number they were saying how they are not dealing with applications outside the UK, which is actually true, but I was so nervous and upset that I called that number many times to see what is going on. Anyway, 6 days ago I received an email from Sheffield:

As we have previously advised, the processing of this application has not been straightforward. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to

Kind Regards
RM

Is there anyone here who received the same email. I don't know what to thing. Are they are telling me that my application is REALLY NOT STRAIGHTFORWARD, or the person who took my information actually made a mistake thinking that I'm applying for other visa. Is this the answer from sending them paid email in the beginning of August or something else. I'm so afraid what results are gonna be at the end. I guess that when they open my application will see that I actually applied for EEA FAMILY PERMIT and not for spouse or other type of visa.

Note: On 6th of September I called the right number, this one: 00 44 203 481 1736, when I actually escalated my case. But I don't know why I'm the only one who received the email that I just showed you. I hope that calling the wrong number and giving my information to maybe a wrong person will not affect my application. :( :|

And if my case is REALLY NOT STRAIGHTFORWARD, is there big possibility that I'm going to be refused or they just need to check all the documents and other stuff?

Best Regards

alexns93
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by alexns93 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:46 pm

Esperan24 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:21 pm
Hi,

As you can see in previous post I have mentioned about my application I have applied from Mumbai Vfs North
I have applied on 24 May 2017 and I did my escalation too. Got a reply saying that it will take 90 working days as of for Mumbai it is 90 working days... After that I also got the below email.

As we have previously advised the processing of your application has not been straightforward, we continue to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK.

So I guess it is same email which u received. Hopefully I should hear something... Soon I think we all have to Pray and wait for our time.

Hope I get my visa soon and have reunion with my hubby ..hope God fulfill my wish and make my wait a fruitful one.g

All the best guys and good luck.
alexns93 wrote:
Hi people,

Kind Regards
RM

Best Regards
I just hope that this email we received it's not negative. Because other people haven't received that email even though they received not straightforward email.
I believe that everything is going to fine soon! Maybe I'll call them tomorrow to inform myself about that email I received 6 days ago!

nufchavq
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by nufchavq » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi guys,

Sharing my timeline:

- My wife applied for EEA FP from Kiev, Ukraine on 30/06/17
- Not straightforward email on 18/06/17
- Escalated 3 times
- Got in touch with my MP who chased UKVI but with no success
- The European Commission is on my case as well but no updates
- This Tuesday 26/09/17 will mark our 60th business day waiting

Perhaps as a worthwhile piece of info for whoever got stuck in their countries without their passport because the latter is being held by the UKVI - in most countries, including Ukraine and France at the very least, you can request a second passport in full legality, which will remain valid *at the same time as your first one*. This is due to some countries not accepting travellers who have been into another country who they are in conflict with. For instance if you hold a French citizenship and have been travelling in Israel, you then won't be able to enter Iran with the Israeli stamp in your passport (and vice versa). So France can issue you a second passport which will *not* cancel the first one. Basically we're still able to meet with my wife pretty much everywhere in the world outside of the UK as she uses her second passport to travel. Hope that helps.
Last edited by nufchavq on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nufchavq
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by nufchavq » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:31 pm

Separately, I think that would be great to have a consolidated view of the various timelines across those who have applied for the EEA FP (and EEA FP only).

I suggest you chaps send me your timelines in the format below, either via a private message on that forum or alternatively on a.arthur(at)gmail.com if you're unregistered and as soon as I would have gathered enough input, I would post a consolidated view in this thread.

I suggest the following format:

- Visa type: EEA FP (only)
- City / Country of application
- Biometrics date:
- Not straightforward email yes/no and date if yes
- Last status update from the UKVI and date of the communication:
- Business days since biometrics (http://www.work-day.co.uk can be helpful)
- Number of escalations and date of the last escalation
- MP involved?
- European Commission involved?
- Ombudsman involved?
- Home Office complaints procedure kicked-off? (the one through complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, *not* the escalation email/phone)
- Any other useful info

Willyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Willyboy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:35 am

alexns93 wrote:
Hi people,

Kind Regards
RM

Best Regards
From what I've been told by their fairly useless call centre, the "not straightforward" mail is their dishonest way of saying they're running late by making it sound like it's a problem with your application. Note that most ppl receive this a couple of weeks from date of application, while the entire process seems to take anywhere from 2-6 months. It's quite obvious that they haven't even got round to opening your applications by that time. Don't tell me an application takes 2-6 months to review once opened!! As I said, I've now been told this twice, albeit with the caveat that in certain cases it MAY be a problem with the application. Given Brexit and the huge delays, it's almost certainly them not you :-)

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:42 am

alexns93 wrote:
Hi people,

Kind Regards
RM

Best Regards

Hello

My husband is Albanian (close to your country) and he applied the Visa from Madrid. There says 15 days but no way. You need to wait 120 days, like everyone.

Merzit
Mood:
Albania

Post by Merzit » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:45 am

GUYS,!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone explain to me what it ESCALATED?
Everyone did it and and I don't really know what is it. Is like complaining or what?

Ana

Willyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Willyboy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:56 am

Merzit wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:45 am
GUYS,!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone explain to me what it ESCALATED?
Everyone did it and and I don't really know what is it. Is like complaining or what?

Ana
Hi there,

Escalating is where you call or e-mail their useless call centre (normally to complain about how long your visa is taking!) and when the time they promise has passed (this should have been included in the original e-mail sent by them confirming that they have your application, though I'm pretty sure it's technically 15 working days for all countries) and believe me it will pass, then you can ask them to escalate, or they may offer to do so. What it's meant to do (speed up the process) and what is does do (sweet f*** all) is another matter but you might as well try. Best

europehelpme
- thin ice -
New Zealand

Post by europehelpme » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:21 pm

has anyone here actually received their visa in a reasonable timeframe? say like 30-60 days?

realbrit
Newly Registered

Post by realbrit » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Hello to everyone.

I have been reading all the comments and I thought I would contribute.

Timeline

-We applied on Jul 11 2017 for the EEA Family permit
-Jul 12 confirmation that application was recieved by TLS centre
-Jul 18 received by ukvi
-Jul 25 not straightforward email
-Aug 8 paid 5 GBP to send an email
Aug 11 They asked for more info on email, which was provided but still waiting for the fruits of that labor.
Sept 14 phoned and they escalated the case and sent us an email about that
Sept 18 called again to confirm the escalation and sent us an email about that
Sept 25 still waiting for the 15 days to expire, expecting a response and hopefully decision.

This was our first application and to be honest I am shocked by the lack of service standards and transparency at the UKVI. How long does it take to read through an application and then send it back with a yes or no? If that is impossible at least provide applicants with regular and specific updates.

Alexkowalski87
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by Alexkowalski87 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:41 pm

realbrit wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:00 pm
Hello to everyone.

I have been reading all the comments and I thought I would contribute.

Timeline

-We applied on Jul 11 2017 for the EEA Family permit
-Jul 12 confirmation that application was recieved by TLS centre
-Jul 18 received by ukvi
-Jul 25 not straightforward email
-Aug 8 paid 5 GBP to send an email
Aug 11 They asked for more info on email, which was provided but still waiting for the fruits of that labor.
Sept 14 phoned and they escalated the case and sent us an email about that
Sept 18 called again to confirm the escalation and sent us an email about that
Sept 25 still waiting for the 15 days to expire, expecting a response and hopefully decision.

This was our first application and to be honest I am shocked by the lack of service standards and transparency at the UKVI. How long does it take to read through an application and then send it back with a yes or no? If that is impossible at least provide applicants with regular and specific updates.
Hi realbrit,

Could you share us what exactly mentioned on those two emails you received?